• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky mountain railroad

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky mountain railroad

On discovery episode called tunnel to hell.

"No other country transports it's grain further to get to Port"

"Every day the train is late costs farmers $25,000 a day in demurrage"

Maybe Trudeau needs to watch it

"REALITY"......tv, what more can you say.

Comment

Apparently my grandfather worked on the spiral tunnels. Went out west to get some cash I suppose. Sound familiar?

The project went through 1,500,000 pounds of dynamite
      http://mikes.railhistory.railfan.net/r112.html http://mikes.railhistory.railfan.net/r112.html
      Last edited by farming101; Mar 12, 2018, 21:17.

Comment

Ah yes, the economics of getting established or staying in the game farming 👎

Comment

Watched it tonight. Very cool. Enjoyed it.

Comment

Drove past the tunnels last week but the pullouts on the highway had 4 feet of snow so no stopping to check them out. Remember doing it as a kid with grandma and grandpa on summer holidays and it was cool.

Comment

The last time we were through that area you could hardly see the tunnels because the trees were so high. Do not forget this show is a reality show and things are hyped somewhat.The track repair crew would be working under a track repair order and until they released it that section of track would be closed to all traffic. The longest a train crew can work is 12 hours,from the time they are called.I find it hard to believe that a crew would be able to pick up a train east of Calgary and travel all the way to Field in one shift.

Comment

Its basically a paid public service announcement by CP.

If you turn off the volume its interesting but finding out they haven't really done much for 100 years it disappointing.

Then there is the narrative about how important the railways are to the economy of Canada from the young new brainwashees (if thats a word).

interesting sure but still doesn't explain why they are so far behind considering the equipment they highlight to avoid the problems.

Comment

Been through the spiral tunnels in the locomotive in my teens. Very cool, Uncle was a engineer on that run and took me from Calgary to Field.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...