• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask crop insurance isnt insurance. It's a tax.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask crop insurance isnt insurance. It's a tax.

Drought years.

Thousands of claims denied for "did not establish".

This doesn't exist in Ab or MB.

And today this gem: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/sask-budget-update-deficit-1.4558983 http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/sask-budget-update-deficit-1.4558983

It points out the biggest contributor is the drop in spending in crop insurance premiums, which is projected to be down $164 million from the last update.

More to come.

$1,347,230 - as of March 31st what is "owed to SCIC from the general revenue fund"

Why is this not getting talked about ffks?

Ok....since I'm not in Crap Insurance I wouldn't know this...., so if got into it and my crop doesn't establish this spring I would have no claim.....?

Or if a reseeding benefit was paid because of lack of establishment and at the end of the growing season I was in a claim position because of poor production I would be denied a payment if it was less than the reseeding benefit? And if it was bigger than the reseeding benefit I'd receive the difference only?
    Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 2, 2018, 15:04.

Comment

http://www.saskcropinsurance.com/ci/multi-peril/establishment-benefit

Crops damaged and not established before June 20 will be eligible for an Establishment Benefit only, even if you report the damage as yield-loss after June 20.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 2, 2018, 15:13.

Comment

Only in saskatxhewan you say??
        Pitty. Hahahaha
        Keep supporting the ones hosing you. We re so smart us farmers.

How about having to sign up prior to Alberta when in Alberta they are done seeding some times and cause then see how things look then decide. We have to decide when we have no clue what's going to happen.

Comment

I am not in crop insurance also so i don't watch what they do. and as far as the government cutting a bit of the work force that's good news They could cut the public service by a third and no one would notice.

I am just inherently sceptical of anything that the government is involved in so would never buy into their insurance scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Only in saskatxhewan you say??
            Pitty. Hahahaha
            Keep supporting the ones hosing you. We re so smart us farmers.

How about having to sign up prior to Alberta when in Alberta they are done seeding some times and cause then see how things look then decide. We have to decide when we have no clue what's going to happen.
            There may be areas where that is true, but I've never turned a wheel by April 30 crop deadline. Not in the program regardless, just can't see an ROI given our yields vs. average yields.

Comment

Up there yes but down south it's different also another month to see what the conditions are is extremely valuable.

Sask party campaigned against having an early deadline while in opposition but now that they're in any way they can grab money it gets done. They were supposed to improve the program its gotten worse and worse yet use the money our money for in exchange for a shitty program.

Comment

According to an article in the WP only 20% of canola uninsured and 37% of wheat uninsured, I am fairly sure the BTOs around here are insured or else the banks wouldn't lent operating credit,I think the smaller operators are like me and take the risk, because I figure it costs 1 crop in 10 to insure so I can handle that risk.

Comment

Up there yes but down south it's different also another month to see what the conditions are is extremely valuable.

Sask party campaigned against having an early deadline while in opposition but now that they're in any way they can grab money it gets done. They were supposed to improve the program its gotten worse and worse yet use the money our money for in exchange for a shitty program.
                  True, all support programs were trashed by none other than Harpoon.

Comment

True, all support programs were trashed by none other than Harpoon. and the beat goes on!

Comment

1.3 billion dollars of accumulated farmers money is currently floating the sask government.

Just let that sink in.

Farmers that lost their whole livelihood last fall were told to use private insurance.

Down south where it was too dry for crops to germinate they were given their premiums back basically and told to take a hike

I wonder if everyone would be this quiet if the NDP was doing it.

This started about 10 years ago when Wall got in. Saw an opportunity and starting taking.

If shit hit the fan do you really think the sask goverent could afford to give that 1.3 billion back?

And why are we getting less interest than what the sask government pays on it's bonds.

Comment

And where would the entire province be if the facts of this came out and they didn't misuse our money.

Just think all the big oil revenue and 1.3 billion of farmers money. Farmers that many are struggling to keep afloat and they're parading around how good they are??

Where we fk is apas? Wheat growers?
                        Pulse growers? On and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Drought years.

Thousands of claims denied for "did not establish".

This doesn't exist in Ab or MB.

And today this gem: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/sask-budget-update-deficit-1.4558983 http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/sask-budget-update-deficit-1.4558983

$1,347,230 - as of March 31st what is "owed to SCIC from the general revenue fund"

Why is this not getting talked about ffks?
                          Just a guess but I'd say it's the same reason why Saskatchewan's other Crown Corp's aren't operated on a break-even basis.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Don't be fooled !

You got to March 31 to cancel !
                            The same deadline I have to sign up.

Crop Insurance is a sure bet in Sask, best ROI in the Slum of the Ghetto, even better than fertilizer!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              A sure bet ! sask crop insurance and fertilizer !

You can't lose !
                              Crop insurance, fertilizer and $2000-$3500/ac land in Sask.....guaranteed success! No wonder everybody wants to farm here!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.