• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been meaning to ask

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been meaning to ask

The black rail cars i saw dotted across western canada were oil or coal? Didnt get close enough to see.

Do they have there own rail cars?

Off the record a political satire programme here even featured your beloved JT.

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    The black rail cars i saw dotted across western canada were oil or coal? Didnt get close enough to see.

Do they have there own rail cars?

Off the record a political satire programme here even featured your beloved JT.
    If they were tanker cars they could have been oil or any number of chemical products.
    Coal moves in open top hopper cars.

Comment

Mostly oil.

I found potash corp cars sitting on a siding in Florida back woods today

Comment

could be canola oil cars also , bunge owns lots and see lots coming here to nipawin

Comment

So rail line owned by govt? And cars privately be it oil gas coal or grain?

Build a tunnel through the mountains lol.

When in dawsons creek see the alaska highway museum wow didnt takem long to build that

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            So rail line owned by govt? And cars privately be it oil gas coal or grain?

Build a tunnel through the mountains lol.

When in dawsons creek see the alaska highway museum wow didnt takem long to build that
            Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) is a private company that was given major concessions such as land as an incentive to build a railway across the prairies and Rocky Mountains in order to unite the colonies for Confederation in 1867.
            Canadian National Railway (CN) was a Crown Corporation which united bankrupt rail companies until it was privatized in 1995. Bill Gates was the largest shareholder in 2011.
            Cars are a combination of Rail Co. owned and privately owned such as Potash Corp and Bunge. I don't know what the final disposition was of the "farmer owned" CWB hopper cars ?

There are tunnels in some mountains plus a lot of snow sheds to keep snow avalanches off the tracks. A lot of Chinese (indentured ?) labourers died putting tracks through the mountains !

Comment

The alaska highway was a great acheivement, built by the us army and lots of civilian workers and contractors, the last part the us choses to forget, how i know my grandfather and uncle were there, they did the bull work. Something else the yanks dont admit to was train loads of new equipment were sent to build the highway and were abandoned or destroyed because they refused to pay the bill to get it to dc, our farm is along a train track, my dad watched train after train go, not one came back loaded.

Comment

Out here, alot of the black tank cars are carrying molten sulfur from the sour gas plants west of me. Hauling to fertilizer plants. There are plans to build a prill plant out here, but fell through so far.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.