• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curling ???? No medals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curling ???? No medals

What happened to Koe and Holman. Koe shit the bed against the U.S.A couldn't even make a simple draw and Jen's boyfriend couldn't even make the hog line. Thinking the Manitoba teams should went to Korea!

An eye opener for Canadian curling teams.
    We no longer number 1..
    The whole world has caught up.
    And passed us.

Comment

What u expect when u coach them and let them stay and play the best teams in the world. It’s the Canadian way!

Comment

All countries do it with all sports, they try to get the best coaches for all their athletes, which means going to other countries if necessary. It's "Not just the Canada way" so that's not an excuse!

Besides, should Glen Howard who is coaching Great Britain's women's curling team refuse the big money he's getting?

Comment

I don’t F’n care man but thats the truth. U teach em u gotta beaten!

Comment

The Olympic committee appoints coach .Need to give it back to curlers. U.S.is promoting curling at the base level with more recreational curling.

Comment

If you've ever curled much you know that's just how curling goes. Curling Gods are the cruelest. Because curling is 99% mental, it doesn't take much of the wrong thinking or negative reaction to pressure throw you off just a bit.

With Rach, she could have been pulled early. Jennifer Jones was there. Kaitlyn Lawes was there. Cheryl Bernard and Colleen Jones could have jumped up, instant team.

The middle of Koe's team seemed to leave him a lot of tough shots. But it's curling. It happens. New tee shirts should read, "curling happens".

Curling in the US though? Ha.my ND neighbours 12 miles straight south of me have played and beat John Shuster lots, as well as beating Pete Fenson. Nowadays they come here to Killarney to curl as the curling clubs down there are all closed or closing.

The irony was that not many gave Kaitlyn and Johnny Mo a chance because of mixed doubles inexperience coupled with John's type A personality. But, they won and the favourites failed.

A lesson for next time.

Comment

Well put Brave. On any given day anyone can beat anyone. Lots of times it how u and your team feel. The vibe u get from the arena, the mindset u come with. Lots more to it than throwing, sweeping or coaching. We have so many good ones that we play ourselves out before we get there.

Comment

Braveheart + FarmJunkie

Koe and gang are professionals not your men's Saturaday league. Koe curls 12 months a year in the most competitive money bonspials in the world. He may have a bad game once and awhile but the way he curled against the USA in both games was pretty bad.

They choked as they came back medal-less the excuse of pressure or curling Gods is weak!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of jen jones, but she would have easily won, she can handle the pressure, Holman was all nerves, with very little confidence.

Comment

It's all Trudeau's fault!

Comment

JT should have went there instead of India.

Comment

Just like Drama Boy, Canadian athletes think they are better than rest of the world. Nice to see reality bite them in the ass. Still hasn't hit Dumbo.

Don't worry. Ya'll get to witness the waste of taxpayers dollars again in two more years.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                            Just like Drama Boy, Canadian athletes think they are better than rest of the world. Nice to see reality bite them in the ass. Still hasn't hit Dumbo.

Don't worry. Ya'll get to witness the waste of taxpayers dollars again in two more years.
                            You mean curling, skiing, louge, and snowboarding is a waste of tax dollsrs, I thought the last three were careers!

Comment

Canadian athletes think they are better than rest of the world. Nice to see reality bite them in the ass. Still hasn't hit Dumbo.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion "Canadian athletes think they are better than rest of the world". I never witnessed any such thing from what I was able to watch of the Olympics. During interviews they were humble, proud and very thankful of their country (Canada).Maybe your not a Canadian to being with,who knows.

You seem to bash the whole Olympic concept. Did you ever participate in any organized sports growing up, because you seem very bitter towards them.

Anyways, you should join the thread regarding teachers and gun as many on there are commenting about the effect violence in video game my maybe having on mass shootings. Just wondering would you rather have them in the basement watching video games or participating in sports?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.