• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canada have a process to remove an incompetent or corrupt leader?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Canada have a process to remove an incompetent or corrupt leader?

We hear no end of stories of how the disaffected left in the US is trying to have Trump impeached on various grounds, and there is precedent and legal means of doing so.

Yet,up here in polite Canuckistan, in spite of constant evidence of not only gross incompetence, negligence, and treason but outright fraud and influence peddling of our leader, never a word of how to remove him from power. It appears that he will be permitted to carry on destroying confidence in our governance, driving off investment, destroying our economy and tax base, compromising our values, insulting our trading partners and embarrassing ourselves on the world stage until voters are permitted to decide otherwise.

Do we have no legal means of removing a PM before their term is up? Is there any precedent in Canadian politics? Are there any restrictions on who can be PM, is there any illegal activity which would require removal from power, or constitutional means of removing a PM who is not acting in the interest of the Canadian people?

Good post my biggest fear is how much more damage will he do before fall of 2019.

Comment

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/thunderbirdrising.wordpress.com/2016/01/13/can-justin-trudeau-be-removed/amp/

Comment

Do we have any constitutional or legal experts on here, or just a bunch of us who like to whine about what is occurring but not offer any solutions?

Comment

If some old stock liberals realize how ****ing stupid this guy is, they may ask him to **** off....

Comment

That is one option. To be removed by your own party. The best shot is to be removed by the queens rep the governor general. But being an appointed stooge instead of elected not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
              https://www.google.ca/amp/s/thunderbirdrising.wordpress.com/2016/01/13/can-justin-trudeau-be-removed/amp/
              From the article:
              Possible, but not likely:

For impeachment to occur, it would require that Cabinet would likely need to decide that he (Trudeau) was an embarrassment and mount a vote among themselves to oust him. That is unlikely since Trudeau has populated his Cabinet with lackeys and toadies who will tow the mark.

New GG is freindly to trudeau who appointed her, so not likely:

For the GG to formally request Justin Trudeau’s resignation would be historically significant. At no other time in Canadian history has a Prime Minister been forced from office.

The queen can do it, but no precedent.

For many of the same reasons, the Monarch of Canada (HRH Queen Elizabeth II) would be loath to take such actions. It is correct to say that responsibility for peace order and good government rests with the Queen, there again would be historical precedent to consider

As a bonus, it sounds like PET purposely left out some vital items in the Constitution as they apply to the PM. So it would be even murkier to try to remove him from this position by legal means. Or at least the process would likely take as long as the next election.

No mention of recall in the article.

What is the definition of treason in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                If some old stock liberals realize how ****ing stupid this guy is, they may ask him to **** off....
                But why would they do that when JT is the only reason they came back from the brink of extinction in the first place. I highly doubt that the mostly unemployed pot smoking crowd who he is pandering to will bother coming out to vote next time around for some old stock Liberal who just ousted their favourite politician of all time.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 22, 2018, 23:17.

Comment

Perhaps fear of impeachment by his own cabinet is the reason he filled his cabinet entirely by incompetent but loyal members? Nothing to do with being 2015, or gender equality, but fear of the old guard turning on as his incompetence inevitably shone through his great hair and socks?

Comment

I'm glad you brought this up because I was going to ask if there's been anyone worse.....

You have to wonder about what appears to be a scorched earth policy and the apparent desire to destroy anything in his path.....would the Prick have enough sense to pull in his horns if the Liberal Party told him to tone it down. Or would the arrogant elitist spitefully carry on....because he was elected leader of the Liberal Party...then P.M. of Canada. You have to wonder if they wished they picked someone else to destroy their reputation. At least some of the Old Stock Liberal leaders had some sense......this guy is something else.

Is this an example of some people getting the government they deserve? Canada deserves better.

Comment

I can get behind anyone I think deserves support for what they stand for, their actions, reputations and accomplishments.... regardless which political party. But this guy has nothing.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 22, 2018, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Is this an example of some people getting the government they deserve? Canada deserves better.
                        I've always had trouble with that quote, especially when seeing other parts of the world. The average person is so helpless against big government, regardless of how they obtained power.

I've never been this passionately against any government figure or party. Usually I am resigned to helplessly and quietly hoping they do as little harm as possible before being voted out. I vehemently disliked Chretien and Martin as people, but at least they mostly did the right thing for our economy. Mulroney was handed a basketcase and had to make the unpopular decisions. PET at least had some intellectual capacity to be admired. Even Notley is showing an inkling that she may be aware of cause and effect of bad policy.

If there is anything common citizens can do to end this reign before the next election( or god forbid after it). I am more than willing to contribute.

I think at this point it is safe to say that his only lasting legacy will be legalizing marijuana. Unless of course one of the Jihadists he invited in thanks him with a major terror attack, then he may have another legacy to be remembered by.

Comment

I think the major accomplishment is gonna be the death of NAFTA by signing/ In exchange for TPP. It doesn't sound like we are willing to cut the flow of Asian goods into the US. Which is really gonna suck for the liberal voting base.

Comment

AF5......."some people"......

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              AF5......."some people"......
                              OK, fair enough, I missed that key word.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...