• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

supercluster funding

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercluster funding

What is everyone's thoughts about these initiatives?

The protein initiative is great for those getting the funding but it seems no one recognizes that the primary producers have to make money to make it all viable.

Not just from a farmers perspective but my tax dollars might be better spent helping the primary producer when snags like the pulse tariffs or the flax triffid issue arise.

It always seems the only way capitalists build anything is if government funds them.

when do so called capitalists do it on their own like farmers?

It's all somewhat like pyramid scams. The one at the top takes it all in while the rest pay for it thinking someday they will be the top.

Comment

It is time to stop all these schemes. How about smaller government, less regulation, lower taxes, and bring back free enterprise. It will have to happen at some point. Everyone in Canuckistan is just waiting for the welfare check these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        It is time to stop all these schemes. How about smaller government, less regulation, lower taxes, and bring back free enterprise. It will have to happen at some point. Everyone in Canuckistan is just waiting for the welfare check these days.
        Well said.
        Time to tighten spending when the federal government is running a $20 billion budget you should not be throwing around $950 million for 6 super cluster projects.

Hopefully some good will happen for prairie agriculture with this $160 million subsidy that will create more demand for our canola and pulses.

Comment

all

I agree but i will also point out that north dakota farmers are guaranteed to make 12.60cdn per bushel for their canola.

at what point do primary producers get the recognizaton they deserve to the economy of canada.

North dakota gets it....they know that money gets revolved in the economy.

Comment

Canada is too busy pandering and catering to special interest groups than to take care of business!!!!!!

This Government's focus is on welfare, not business.

Also, I wonder what percentage of business that got started with government hand outs survive when the welfare check stops coming. Maybe the government needs to ask the question, is the project viable without public money, why can't it be funded with only private money?

Picking winners and losers. And not fighting every battle to ensure long term viability. Blinders on in some instances.

Comment

change the nd to ck in the title of the thread, that will say it all

Comment

Thanks ....I thought so as well....

Comment

When will we realize how large our country is and that transportation costs are our enemy therefore why are we not spending the money there to be more efficient and capeable to compete on our own as businesses?

Comment

Thats what i think , a check off to help withthe real problem of freight . Not check offs to have meetings in banff springs hotel , etc. Or to make products that no one wants like triffid flax , gmo mustard , etc z

Comment

Not to worry.

Mr Truedo is making a stop in India with his family with no trade talks in mind.

Listen closely and those mini bills won't bother you.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3807898

That link doesn't connect.

You have to search: PM Trudeau arrives in New Delhi to focus on business ties

Worth the effort and mentions the pulse duties.
                      Last edited by shtferbrains; Feb 17, 2018, 17:22. Reason: wrong video comes up

Comment

what colour were his socks? Any selfies from the taj mahal on line yet?

Comment

If he makes a pulse deal I ll buy him a new pair of socks.
                          Doubt I ll be shopping though. Lol

Comment

If he gets us a deal I’ll send him a case of socks.

Comment

The only way things will correct themselves is when farmers stop buying overpriced equipment, buying overpriced land, paying too high land rent and overpriced inputs. All it takes is one dummy to pay and they know the rest have to follow in order to play the game. When Ritchie Bros has the year of all years of sales that’s when u know shit has hit the fan. I don’t hope for these types of things to happen cause I hurt as well but that’s what it will take to cure the greedy guts and change the mindset of our industry. Hard times cure stupidity.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.