• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes coming to Business Risk Management pogroms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes coming to Business Risk Management pogroms

http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/about-us/key-departmental-initiatives/canadian-agricultural-partnership/canadian-agricultural-partnership-business-risk-management-programs-effective-april-2018/?id=1500475317828 CLICK HERE

AgInvest max allowable net sales drops to a million from 1.5 million so the matchable contribution drops to $10,0000 from $15,000.

Talk of changes to the reference margin limit, "The change to the RML will ensure producers from all sectors will have improved access to support under the program, regardless of their cost-structure." Not quite sure what that means yet. Hopefully that means the trigger won't be based on the lower of your production reference margin or eligible expenses.....that eligible expense number will always be lower and 70% of that number is pathetic compared to the average production reference margin.

I think more details are coming out real soon

They sort of have to know for the 2018 year prior to the end of April. ....

But this will pretty much be an out of agristability. That's not a program that is working.....pay a fee a year in advance.....

But are only given a few weeks to make a matching agrinvest deposit...

It's absurd.

Just read yesterday that north Dakota farmers are guaranteed 10.08 a bushel for canola...that's over 12 cdn.
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 13, 2018, 09:33.

Comment

"pogrom".......

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        "pogrom".......
        I see what you did there.

Comment

Currently 2.2 billion sitting in Agrinvest accounts.

Probably 2 billion sitting in accounts with the average age of the principal operator being over 65. I'm honestly shocked they didn't can this program the last go around. We should all be happy it's still around even though it's cut back.

It would be interesting to see the amount per acre range. Ie 0-2000 acres 2000 - 4000 and etc

Iceman Out

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post

Probably 2 billion sitting in accounts with the average age of the principal operator being over 65. I'm honestly shocked they didn't can this program the last go around. We should all be happy it's still around even though it's cut back.

It would be interesting to see the amount per acre range. Ie 0-2000 acres 2000 - 4000 and etc

Iceman Out
            That was the issue with NISA as well.

I think they said they want to shift that extra third of what would be matched deposits to other aspects of the BRM programs.

I would rather have a more responsive AgStab program. That one is pretty much useless as it is today. I wonder what the revamped one will look like.

Comment

Iceman, the large(???) earning farms are already discriminated against under the current structure, 1.5 million in eligible net sales caps them pretty quick, a million in ENS...that much quicker. Now the next reduction will discriminate against even more farms. Nothing "weighted" about it at all.

And acres mean **** all because some acres are way more productive than others. Ex: 3000 acres of "Slum of the Ghetto" versus 3000 acres of "Utopian Garden of Eden" (farmaholic farming versus saskfarmer3 farming....acre for acre)
              Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 13, 2018, 20:59.

Comment

Iceman, the large(???) earning farms are already discriminated against under the current structure, 1.5 million in eligible net sales caps them pretty quick, a million in ENS...that much quicker. Now the next reduction will discriminate against even more farms. Nothing "weighted" about it at all.

And acres mean **** all because some acres are way more productive than others. Ex: 3000 acres of "Slum of the Ghetto" versus 3000 acres of "Utopian Garden of Eden" (farmaholic farming versus saskfarmer3 farming....acre for acre)
                Me thinks you and sask3 protest way more than is waranted from your posts you seem to be shall we say comfortable.

Comment

I can only speak for myself, comfortable? Maybe compared to some...but not others. I take nothing for granted.

Sorry if my posts come across as complaining to you.

Comment

What I was getting at is I think the vast amount in the accounts is from farm under 4000. And yes this program does discriminate based on size but no one forced guys to farm 10000+ acres

Iceman Out

Comment

That was the issue with NISA as well.

I think they said they want to shift that extra third of what would be matched deposits to other aspects of the BRM programs.

I would rather have a more responsive AgStab program. That one is pretty much useless as it is today. I wonder what the revamped one will look like.
                      I don't get me wrong I will take the hand out but I would rather see this spent on agstab or improving crop insurance.

iceman out

Comment

All cash should go to a new updated version of crop insurance and forget about grants to farmers to put in new Fert tanks and fuel tanks and identity preserved seed bull shit.

But that doesn’t make politicians look good. Photo of a massive farm set up is so good

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post

Iceman Out
                          It's less now, cashed ours out...

Comment

I hope they cancel cropinsurance here in alberta It really makes a difference where you live. We pay about a 14% percent premium. The administration of this program is huge that where the subsidy is going.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.