• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Numbers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Numbers

First I apologize for the topic, read an article that caused me to look this up. Source for numbers is Statscan. Net gasoline consumption Alberta 2012, keep in mind numbers are in 1000 litres. 6,001,700. Net consumption 2016 6,297,500 an increase of 4.93%. Net gasoline consumption in B.C. In 2012 4,384,707 in 2016 4,597,928 an increase of 4.86%. Net diesel consumption in Alberta 4,054,000 in 2016 3,525,100 a decrease of 13.05%. Net diesel consumption in B.C. In 2012 1,761,637 in 2016 1,747,579 a decrease of .8 %. The reason I bring this up is B.C. Carbon tax is always pointed to for its success. Now I realize these numbers are not corrected for population growth but still doesn't show the carbon tax as being successful. It does show how lack of oil drilling activity in 2016 in Alberta lowered diesel consumption.

The fact that measurable Results such as these are not relevant to the argument just shows that it is all about ideology and not science-based results.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      First I apologize for the topic, read an article that caused me to look this up. Source for numbers is Statscan. Net gasoline consumption Alberta 2012, keep in mind numbers are in 1000 litres. 6,001,700. Net consumption 2016 6,297,500 an increase of 4.93%. Net gasoline consumption in B.C. In 2012 4,384,707 in 2016 4,597,928 an increase of 4.86%. Net diesel consumption in Alberta 4,054,000 in 2016 3,525,100 a decrease of 13.05%. Net diesel consumption in B.C. In 2012 1,761,637 in 2016 1,747,579 a decrease of .8 %. The reason I bring this up is B.C. Carbon tax is always pointed to for its success. Now I realize these numbers are not corrected for population growth but still doesn't show the carbon tax as being successful. It does show how lack of oil drilling activity in 2016 in Alberta lowered diesel consumption.
      now , now , mustn't bring facts into the argument.

Comment

Terrible job by the media. Raising racial tensions from the start Trudeau should keep his mouth shut. Did Trudeau witness all the evidence. Even other media outlets than the CBC were Quoting the worst examples they can find of some
        Whites. When most people are not like that.
        Given the circumstances.does anyone think the verdict would be different if the kids were white
        DO not think so .
        A lot of folks trying to make mileage out of a tragedy.
        Shame

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
          Terrible job by the media. Raising racial tensions from the start Trudeau should keep his mouth shut. Did Trudeau witness all the evidence. Even other media outlets than the CBC were Quoting the worst examples they can find of some
          Given the circumstances.does anyone think the verdict would be different if the kids were white
          DO not think so .
          Shame
          Very very true sawfly .

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
            DO not think so .
            Shame
            I think this might have ended up in the wrong thread. But strangely enough it is equally relevant to this thread.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.