• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Gerald Butts really thinks!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Gerald Butts really thinks!

On the Financial Post website they have posted an edited version of Sen. David Tkachuk's speech delivered Wednesday night during an emergency debate on the Trans Mountain pipeline dispute. In this speech was a very interesting quote from Gerald Butts from a 2012 interview. The man who is now the prime minister's principal secretary, Gerald Butts, was asked "Why don't we propose a different route for the Northern Gateway Pipeline?" He replied, and I quote:"Truth be told, we don't think there ought to be a carbon-based energy industry by the middle of this century. That's our policy in Canada and it's our policy all over the world." He went on to say "the real alternative to the Northern Gateway route is not an alternative route. It is an alternative economy."

This certainly explains a lot!

Wow. Exactly what kind of drugs or brainwashing does it take to start believing that bullshit. Guess that's the best fish we can get in this barrel. Sad. Another "no hope for humanity" move by our leaders.

Comment

So, if they are so confident in their ideology, why stand in the way of the private sector wasting their capital on this antiquated hydro carbon economy. Why don't they allow the private sector to spend all they want on massive projects such as this, then if his projections of a new, non hydro carbon economy are true, the spending will only hasten the downfall of hydrocarbon based companies who will never get a return on their investment?

Personally, I think I will trust the projections of the people who are putting their own money at risk (private sector), not those putting my tax dollars at risk and none of their own. No non-government company is willing to spend billions on pipelines etc. because they didn't do their homework on future realistic energy trends.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        On the Financial Post website they have posted an edited version of Sen. David Tkachuk's speech delivered Wednesday night during an emergency debate on the Trans Mountain pipeline dispute. In this speech was a very interesting quote from Gerald Butts from a 2012 interview. The man who is now the prime minister's principal secretary, Gerald Butts, was asked "Why don't we propose a different route for the Northern Gateway Pipeline?" He replied, and I quote:"Truth be told, we don't think there ought to be a carbon-based energy industry by the middle of this century. That's our policy in Canada and it's our policy all over the world." He went on to say "the real alternative to the Northern Gateway route is not an alternative route. It is an alternative economy."

This certainly explains a lot!
        Harper signed a G7 agreement that Canada would stop using fossil energy by 2100.

Only 50 years later. Is Harper part of the conspiracy against oil too?

Trudeau is on record as in favour of the Transmountain expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Harper signed a G7 agreement that Canada would stop using fossil energy by 2100.

Only 50 years later. Is Harper part of the conspiracy against oil too?
          Making a promise almost a century into the future when constrained by a 4ish year election cycle seems like a safe bet. Doubt anyone is going to hold him to it, considering he will be 141 years old by then. His actions spoke louder than his words.

Trudeau is on record as in favour of the Transmountain expansion.
          Actions (none) speak louder than words(prolific).

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Making a promise almost a century into the future when constrained by a 4ish year election cycle seems like a safe bet. Doubt anyone is going to hold him to it, considering he will be 141 years old by then. His actions spoke louder than his words.

Actions (none) speak louder than words(prolific).
            You said exactly what I was thinking. Decisions are made, projects promoted/abandoned and laws are passed to win the next election federally and Provincialy. This is the greatest shortcoming of democracy the world over. Occasionally there are leaders that do great things but sadly I do not think Gerald Butts/George Soros puppet is one of them.

Comment

Trudeau and Butts are purposely delaying all pipelines and LNG infrastructure by adding another round of tests for approval.
              Delays are what seem to kill Energy East, Petronas LNG project and now possibly the twinning of Kinder Morgan TM.
              They also put a moratorium against oil tankers in northern BC to cancel Northern Gateway.

They live in a dream world since Butts used to be the president of the World Wildlife Federation.

Trudeau wants a weaker western Canada so it works for both of them.

Comment

The Conservatives also voted in favour of the paris climate deal which is here and now. What's your excuse for that decision?

Comment

The Conservatives also voted in favour of the paris climate deal which is here and now. What's your excuse for that decision?
                  See above post about shortcoming of democracy/next election votes.

Comment

If you see the cement factory that was built without an approval in Quebec and raise their GHG levels significantly you will quickly acknowledge that it’s all politics....and not about the environment.

Comment

Perhaps because cowardly signing on then ignoring with no intention of fulfilling it's impossible and unenforceable mandates, like virtually every other nation did also, was not only the politically popular thing to do, it was also economically the least damaging thing to do. As redleaf reaffirmed, the election cycle makes these long term commitments completely meaningless anyways. I was a fan of Harper for a long time, but cowardly acts such as that made me lose a lot of respect for him. Say what you will about Trump, but he is not a coward on issues such as this.

Comment

Butts is the main problem sock boy is puppet liberal party is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Perhaps because cowardly signing on then ignoring with no intention of fulfilling it's impossible and unenforceable mandates, like virtually every other nation did also, was not only the politically popular thing to do, it was also economically the least damaging thing to do. As redleaf reaffirmed, the election cycle makes these long term commitments completely meaningless anyways. I was a fan of Harper for a long time, but cowardly acts such as that made me lose a lot of respect for him. Say what you will about Trump, but he is not a coward on issues such as this.
                          Yes Trump is a dinosaur trying to revive a dying coal industry when the economics of coal don't make sense any more. Gas is cheaper and cleaner. Not to mention solar and wind.

Comment

Jeebus Flying Chrysler! this is getting old!

Comment

for some reason he is completely and totally obsessed with a foriegn countries leader ??? same as lisa
                              and oblivious to what is happening in ottawa??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.