• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I call fake news Barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call fake news Barley

#BlackSea #barley is now the most expensive in the world for feedgrain. The Black Sea barley market has rallied some $32/MT (USD), which is about 20% and all in just the last week.

From twitter

That would mean about $192 USD. Might not be too far off. Freight advantage to the Middle East.

I don't believe the story about it jumping $32 in one week

Comment

Let me check.

Comment

$187 for Ukrainian $189 for Russian fob black sea.

Comment

In seems in Saskatchewan the feed barley price is very similar to malt barley price now.....neither price will add many 2018 acres though.
          (For 2 row varieties)

Comment

Thanks Klause

This news story is dated but does give some price comparisons back on Jan 11

Saudi Arabia’s SAGO seeks 960,000 mt of barley for February-March
            11 Jan 2018 | Tom Houghton

Saudi Arabia’s state grain procurement agency SAGO is back in the market, looking for 960,000 mt of feed barley for shipment from late February to March.

In its own weekly market price update released on Tuesday, SAGO said Black Sea origin feed barley was the cheapest in the world at $191/mt FOB, followed by German origin at $194/mt FOB and Australian at $217/mt FOB.

With freight included, the Black Sea extends its lead as the most competitive origin.

A Russian cargo is equivalent to $213.30/mt CIF, a German cargo comes in at approximately $219/mt CIF, and an Australian cargo at $246.50/mt CIF.

At its previous tender which closed in late November, SAGO purchased 723,000 mt of barley for January-February shipment, paying an average price of $215.11/mt CIF.

https://www.agricensus.com/Article/Saudi-Arabia-s-SAGO-seeks-960-000-mt-of-barley-for-February-March-555.html https://www.agricensus.com/Article/Saudi-Arabia-s-SAGO-seeks-960-000-mt-of-barley-for-February-March-555.html
            Also this:
            https://www.agricensus.com/Article/Saudi-Arabia-buys-1-million-mt-of-barley-at-216-73-mt-CFR-578.html https://www.agricensus.com/Article/Saudi-Arabia-buys-1-million-mt-of-barley-at-216-73-mt-CFR-578.html

Malt price offers are creating quite a lot of disgust. Buyers market. As mentioned months ago what everyone has ain't worth having. Canada's barley exports from licensed facilities are up 82.5% for the first 5 months of the crop year compared to 2016-17.
            Last edited by farming101; Feb 3, 2018, 16:48.

Comment

I cleaned out my bins @$201/t delivered to feed mill. Try again next year.

Comment

Were currently 200 on farm for low test weight feed barley. Going to stock feed mill to be made into pelletts

Guess my fake bit was $32 in a week because they were not that low recently.

China has insatiable appetite for feed barley in there burgeoning dairy industry and supposedly feedlot but not sure about beef being widely consumed in china?

Comment

What is the best price for feed and malt barley these days and where do you have to drive to get it?

Comment

Feedlot alley 218-225

Comment

Sold our malt for feed $4.20 x 90 plus worth growing again I think

Comment

You’re lucky to hit 90 on barley. I’d love to grow 70. Were 10bpa short of making feed worth growing for a cash crop. In an area where cps, sws, and sometimes cwrs out yields barley. Still grow it for the cows but that’s about it. Can’t bank on $4 barley neither but realize the year over declines in acres is bound to shorten supply domestically. With rise of wheat acres there is more of it fed but feedlots still prefer barley.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.