• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_eb7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	777859

Well finally the weather is changing, Both Environment Canada and Drew have no more extreme cold for a long time forward. Yes cooler days but not days of extreme cold. YES. Moisture no for most. But again yesterday a storm north of valley had highway closed from Fort north because of extreme ice. Yea it rained again storm came from north SE.

I still think were back to 80s type of weather. In the dry years if Edmonton had snow we would have system a day later, well that has happened for about three weeks now. Then the Rain last week for us was a Montana low that moved north crossed the valley and dumped.

Im happy but its still early and winter so what were getting really isn't much. But it does give one hope for 2018 being a great year rain wise.

Name:	dn5AuaVZQ+yEDrLplC6SSg.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	777860
    So pushing snow to move grain started on monday and hauling is going on. Its HRS that is a contract for Jan and Feb and March that they want now 1 13.5 average so were hauling.

Now on to what our leader has done this week. He does take it as a challenge to see how stupid he can be and beat the week before.

He thought that he could stir the pot and get the country to embrace his way by sticking up for the girl with the story in Toronto about her head scarf being cut off by a guy and she was so traumatized. Well Monday it came out that she lied and made up the whole story. Wow nothing made sense on Friday yet the CBC and all media just fell over this story. Yet it was all Bullshit.

Think long and hard about that and you soon realize were getting fed every news cast with total bullshit one sided news. Maybe trump is right because every day we watch and listen to the news and i for one go WTF did they just say.

But oh their is more the Bank of Canada increased the interest rate this week a quarter point all the banks fell over them selves and went higher on every thing except paying for us to put money in their banks.

But this increase was needed to keep every thing in line since the job numbers were so strong and the economy is working full time at warp speed. Yea its the tale of two countries.

One the USA is Going forward and gaining every day businesses that outsourced and moved out of the USA are coming back. Hell just yesterday or day before Apple is bringing some 37 Billion back to the USA and creating 20000 jobs. Hm and these aren't like Justing Tim Horton or McDonalds jobs.

The Useless Carbon Tax is here in most provinces and prices are up up and up. Sask said FU and so far so good. But Now JT is trying to force his useless tax on us. Brad or who ever wins take this punk to the Supreme court and fight him on this useless job killing tax on nothing.
    Real news Climate Barbie flew to USA on private jet to tell them the Tax works. Yea that useless speech really saved the environment.

Now also JT is putting his useless ideas in every thing form Trade deals were China really gives a shit about adding equality and trans issues and every other thing to a trade deal. Well now to get a summer grant you have to check a box that your in favour of abortions. I really don't give a shit if a women gets pregnant and feels she doesn't want to have a child having a abortion its the law in canada all the power to them. But no Church group will sign that and that is where the little piss ant is breaking the law again. See what a persons believes is their own right in Canada not the Gov telling them what to believe.

Hey Justin we still live in a civil county.

Lets see what stupid thing he does the next week because i know he's up for the challenge.

Look here is my socks is starting to get real thin, and soon i believe no one but a true idiot will want a selfie with this fool or his government. Latest poll by a liberal supporting polling company has him with support under 40% and its dropping every day. Better open the doors to more immigrants and flood the country or soon you will be a one term lame duck.

Ah Sask Alberta and Manitoba land is still selling higher and higher and higher were will it end. Nothing for some BTOS to buy 10 to 15 quarters at a half million a piece or 800000 to a mil in Alberta. Now its great if you want to be a BTO and look and say here I'm worth $25,000000.00 or $128,000,000.00. My bank and Accountant tell me so. Borrow borrow pay pay pay and what is happening every day with grain prices their dropping like a stone. Weather isn't changing and dumping rain or snow in these areas. Funny thing is you can see a difference of attitude from Saskatchewan farm show and Manitoba farm show. Guys in Saskatoon were hoping for better days and guys in manitoba were planing for spring.

I for one called the boom over when it did and only thing happening is farmers moved in to move land higher the investors have left the building except for ones who are selling in Alberta or Ontario and moving to Sask. hoping for big returns some day.

One thing all are forgetting is farmers have to be able to make money to pay these rents and farm.

Grain side has Canola dropping most days thanks Stats Canada and all the guys who think they grew a crop. USDA didn't help with their Wheat seeded area even if most had frost out a week ago then again this week. Two strikes but who's counting.

What will guys seed is big question on just about every single farmers mind. Seed and fert is going up whats new. Iron is sitting at a level. Labour to fix your old is going up and parts well their just nuts.

Good times in land of Farming. The top picture is a tractor were bidding on to restore its a Wagner like the ones sold to Deere and painted green (W-14 and W-17) Freight is a killer and dollar will probably not help. Don't think it will come north.

So guys enjoy the warm weather and have a great week.

Go Justin make us proud you can beat last weeks doings.

Stay safe.

Name:	vkvVpKHUS5qZxdiNa0CaxA.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	777861

Oh filled up with Diesel in Manitoba and I guess it was the carbon tax paid $145.00 wow hotel room or fill up the truck. Ah let it idle it was cold out.

Comment

Oh yea one more thing for a Thursday since Weather is so important in Saskatchewan. WTF is going on with Both Rosthern and Regina Radar. Ralph oh Ralph boy you had one job to do in Ottawa and you couldn't even get that right. Fix or totally destroy this old shit and build two new ones. Bandaids don't work but what does it matter to Ottawa if the Gap doesn't have any kind of radar to protect its people. Their only old Canadians.

Yes the North one i believe is getting rebuilt wow finally but why not do both wouldn't that be better or did the people at Bethune not check the Abortion box and they got sacked.

Comment

You really need to put all these weekly "reports" together and you'd have a great book. That would sell and make millions.

Think of all the quarters you could buy then - move over BTO, LOLLZ!

Comment

The book on How the be a BTO farmer in three easy steps I should publish but ill have to wait for the next boom in 30 some years oh ill be almost 90 then shit maybe the kids can republish it.

Comment

SF3 - Was there a lot of excitement in Brandon for growing soybeans, corn, oats, etc this year?

Interest rates and fertilizer prices heading up.

Yes, what will Trudeau do to embarrass himself this week, CBC says cash payouts for another couple terrorists possibly.
            Last edited by Oliver88; Jan 18, 2018, 09:52.

Comment

Yea I heard that rumour probably if their is smoke their is fire. Let’s see he’s on a weekly roll.

Seen him on tv behind our Canadian flag bearers and you would swear he was the one chosen.

Yes soy will be seeded and corn will be down wheat maybe up in Manitoba or oats and barley

Comment

Barley down it a dog. Soy steady, corn steady, peas down canola steady, wheat up. in mb

Comment

Are all the Lentil guys in sask going to grow canola?

Comment

No canola won’t be up In lentil country unless it rains

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      No canola won’t be up In lentil country unless it rains
                      As we stand today, if now was May 10th with the amount of moisture we have, I couldn't get canola or flax established if my life depended on it.

Hoping for a break from the trend. There's still time.

Can you imagine canola prices if it stays dry. Moisture maps of Western Canada don't look pretty....unless you like the color RED!!!!!
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 18, 2018, 12:40.

Comment

Switching equipment Red is the colour!

No Green is the colour!

Yea canola would be over 12 if this was May 20th

Comment

Wow, lots of people suggest yhey cant make more wheat acres in the world. Add below plus south america people will plant extra wheat if the dollars add up

Russia's Ministry of Agriculture on land use; "Last year, for the first time in 15 years, the sown areas exceeded 80 million hectares. Compared to 2016, it increased by 620 thousand hectares. Potentially, we can return to circulation another 10 million hectares."

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            As we stand today, if now was May 10th with the amount of moisture we have, I couldn't get canola or flax established if my life depended on it.

Hoping for a break from the trend. There's still time.

Can you imagine canola prices if it stays dry. Moisture maps of Western Canada don't look pretty....unless you like the color RED!!!!!
                            So what is the crop to grow in lentil area? wall to wall durum and mustard?

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                              So what is the crop to grow in lentil area? wall to wall durum and mustard?
                              If we can't establish flax and canola we won't be able to establish mustards either. How much extra mustard do you think the market can absorb anyway?....without destroying the price?

Seeding anything you can bury to moisture might be the only option.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.