• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooler thank heavens

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooler thank heavens

Temp downgrade today only 43c

Been out done stockwater.

8.15 am currently 33c

Warmer here, thank heavens. Although agree +43 too hot same as -43 too cold.

Comment

Just a awesome 28 here

Comment

Both extremes are too stoopid!

Comment

Parts of south-east Australia are bracing for scorching temperatures today, with some areas of South Australia also warned of a catastrophic fire danger.

Authorities in SA have urged people to prepare their bushfire survival plans,

The fire danger in the Mount Lofty Ranges and upper and lower south-east districts is rated as catastrophic.

Temperatures are expected to reach up to 46 degrees Celsius, with strong north to north-westerly winds forecast and total fire bans declared for all of the state's 15 districts.

"There'll be many people who'll still be on holidays on the river and along coastal areas of the state who will need to think about [what to do] if there's a fire that occurs in their area," County Fire Service (CFS) chief officer Greg Nettleton said.

A combination of extreme heat, strong winds, dry conditions and the size of the fuel load have contributed to the elevated threat, the CFS said.

People are advised to avoid using machinery around grass or bushland.

"The forecast from the bureau indicates there is no lightning expected," Mr Nettleton said.

"Any fires that occur in the open are the result of human activity or failure of machinery."

Comment

9.15 am 37c blowing its gits out already

Comment

9.45am 40.2c humidity 7% dry as a arabs fart

Comment

It would be the heighth of hypocrisy for me to ask you how you can live in those conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  9.45am 40.2c humidity 7% dry as a arabs fart
                  Only air that ever gets that dry around here is in the dryer between the burner and the grain! If it's below 40% while baling hay I'm happier than a pig in you know what😉

I feel for you though. I melt like a snowman at anything over 25* doing any physical work besides tipping back beers. 🍻

Comment

I was in Australia in Feb/ Mar 1983. There were many bush fires and alot of deaths that year.

The stories that you heard were crazy. People trying to out drive the wild fire or trying to drive through it and having their vehicle quit because of lack of oxygen.

Extreme heat like extreme cold is a very dangerous thing.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      9.15 am 37c blowing its gits out already
                      Yikes, I would not do well there as my melting point is about + 26 C.

Comment

midday or 12.04 to be exact 42.3 5% humidity wind 38 kmh
                        Inside with aircon on.

One wonders if electricity demand will keep up today

Comment

If you think im a hero and enjoy this weather or work in it nope only when absolutely nececessary.
                          A few hour in morning thats it. Then again early evening if needed same as you guys in extreme cold

Comment

Below is From a friend cfs country fire service most towns have a fire truck manned by voluteer firefighters we are all partly trained. Been burning for about 3 hours now main interstate is closed and travellers/city slickers are wineing

I am safe but this is what Chris has driven into #firstresponders cfs volunteer.. no lives lost but totally out of control. 5 minutes after call out

Click image for larger version

Name:	fire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	766151

Comment

An emergency warning has been issued for a bushfire near Keith in South Australia's Upper South East, amid catastrophic weather conditions in parts of the state.

Country Fire Service firefighters are battling the "extremely dangerous bushfire" in the Sherwood area, which includes Emu Flat, West McCallum, Eckert and Wirrega North roads and Ngarkat Highway and the Dukes Highway.

"If you are in this area, you are in danger. There is a risk to your life and property," a CFS statement said.

Sherwood is about 220 kilometres south-east of Adelaide.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...