• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewable energy companies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewable energy companies

A xmas conversation with a savy investor,who thinks renewable energy is a joke, but in saying that hes investing heavily. Musk,solar companies, wind turbine companies.

Reckons its the growth industry wether you with the principles agree or not.

Could be true.

I was reading this article (https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-12-31/big-money-backing-out-fossil-fuel-industry-moving-greener-alternatives https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-12-31/big-money-backing-out-fossil-fuel-industry-moving-greener-alternatives ) on how investment money flow is changing from oil to renewables, implying that fossil fuels are dead and renewables are the future. I would argue that it's more of money flow is chasing govt subsidies.

I hope most of this money is spent on R and D to make this technology viable, instead of subsidies wealthy people and their cars. I was looking up the prices of electric vehicles last night and the all say you can get rebates depending upon which province you live in, up to $14,000 in Ontario, BC, and Alberta. Ridiculous and outrageous no matter who you vote for.

Comment

He is hedging his bets though, has money in uranium.
      In his opinion its gonna be the widely used electricity on the planet in 10 years time.

Cant see it myself, maybe it SHOULD be widely used doesnt mean it will be.

PS this isnt a debate about rights and wrongs of renewables just investors opinion were to park your money.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        He is hedging his bets though, has money in uranium.
        In his opinion its gonna be the widely used electricity on the planet in 10 years time.

Cant see it myself, maybe it SHOULD be widely used doesnt mean it will be.

PS this isnt a debate about rights and wrongs of renewables just investors opinion were to park your money.
        I hope he's right on Uranium. I bought a bunch of Cameco stock maybe 10 years ago, for $20/share rode it all the way up to $41, wanted to sell but listened to everyone around who said it was going to the moon as Uranium was the future of everything, now here we sit at $12/share. At least I didn't buy in at the high. Maybe it's time to buy some more.

Comment

It’s about the dog chasing his tail.
          The great thing is solar and renewables spend spend by bit coin to finance and pay for them then one day like Ontario is finding and California knows it crashes and guess what in times of suffering they reinvent the wheel and oil and gas and water pave the way.

Kind of a no brainer stupid people run the world.

JT Leo gore Obama Opra Ellen.

It’s the latest best thing.

Cameco is a deal at anything under 10 buy.

Comment

Mallee which uranium stocks are the investments in?

When dealing with renewable energy stocks, subsidies and government policies are likely the biggest factors.

Comment

aussie uranium companies. along with canada and russia i think we have 25% of worlds uranium in the ground

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.