Grandkid Classics

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Grandkid Classics

Dec 30, 2017 | 09:32 1 So the main part of the Christmas holiday season is behind us and if you are as fortunate as I am, you got to spend some time with the family and grandkids.

Our oldest grandson is going on 3 years old and seems to display some fairly good thinking and verbalizing capabilities. Of course, A grandpa wouldn't be biased or anything...

But he comes up with some real dillies and zingers at times -

Like yesterday morning when we unloaded a couple of 600 lbs calves at their place. At first, they ran to the far corner of the pen and stood there like statues while they scoped out their new digs.

When they finally ventured out a step or two from their corner, #1 Grandson hollers out, "THEY'RE LEARNING TO WALK!"

If you've got a favorite kid or grandkid story from the season, you'd likely get a good audience right here so bring'em on! Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 10:21 2
Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
So the main part of the Christmas holiday season is behind us and if you are as fortunate as I am, you got to spend some time with the family and grandkids.

Our oldest grandson is going on 3 years old and seems to display some fairly good thinking and verbalizing capabilities. Of course, A grandpa wouldn't be biased or anything...

But he comes up with some real dillies and zingers at times -

Like yesterday morning when we unloaded a couple of 600 lbs calves at their place. At first, they ran to the far corner of the pen and stood there like statues while they scoped out their new digs.

When they finally ventured out a step or two from their corner, #1 Grandson hollers out, "THEY'RE LEARNING TO WALK!"

If you've got a favorite kid or grandkid story from the season, you'd likely get a good audience right here so bring'em on!
Not recent but when my youngest was in JK the teacher tried to tell the class that you can tell the boy cows from the girl cows because the boy cows have horns. He got up and gave the class a corrected version ending with “you can’t tell the bulls and heifers apart from the front anyway, you have to go around back and look for nuts” Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 10:24 3 Grandchildren are so amazing. The thoughts they have and where they get them from can be intriguing. While riding the quad with my four year old grand daughter the conversation gets philosophical to a degree. After asking her what she wants To be when she grows up I say. you have your whole life ahead of you. After a minute of thought she looks at me and says. You know Pepe you have your whole life behind you. Those words have stuck with me because of their innocence yet truthfulness from a child. Can't get better. Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Dec 30, 2017 | 10:49 4 Every day with grand kids is priceless..spend as much time as possible with them. They seem to grow up way faster than our kids did..
Now we have more time than when were young.. Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 11:03 5 We have four grandkids ranging from 10 to 2 1/2, the youngest being the only boy. He likes combining but only if he can ride with Nama in her combine. I have a school bus that I have converted to a service truck, so now when he is at home and plays with his combines he has to go get his little people school bus and park it near where he is playing. Kids pay attention and absorb so much it is our responsibility to teach them everything we can and the safe way to do it. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Dec 30, 2017 | 11:29 6
Quote Originally Posted by Misterjade9 View Post
We have four grandkids ranging from 10 to 2 1/2, the youngest being the only boy. He likes combining but only if he can ride with Nama in her combine. I have a school bus that I have converted to a service truck, so now when he is at home and plays with his combines he has to go get his little people school bus and park it near where he is playing. Kids pay attention and absorb so much it is our responsibility to teach them everything we can and the safe way to do it.
Indeed kids and grandkids are sponges and for better or worse can be a true reflection of ourselves. Sometimes that makes me cringe. Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 11:30 7 Our four year old daughter had been saying for the last week that she would like to be a doctor when mom and dad "get little" ( her way of saying when she grows up)😎

This morning she changed her mind to being a vet since her doctor does a good job but a vet we had out a month ago made dad "angry" by showing up really late and being "mean" to our heifers we were preg testing. Funny thing is yesterday we topped up their RESP....... I guess we better put more in it.

She already knows how the bad cows go to town and become "meatballs " and yearlings go to the feedlot to get money for toys😉

I love listening to their thoughts and ideas. Looks like mine are cut from the same cloth as all the other posters.

Here she is hitching up the wagon since she saw me doing it and said she could do it too. Soooo proud!

Happy prosperous new year🍻 Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 12:29 8 That's awesome!! Good people that contribute positively come from good sound beginnings. Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 15:45 9 4 granddaughters and 2 grandsons ranging from 9 years down to 2 weeks. Oldest grandson at 7 years went to see Santa before Christmas and when asked what he wanted, he said look, I know you are a fraud so if I could get my bag of candy, I'll leave. This kids lines are priceless. Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 17:00 10
Quote Originally Posted by RD414 View Post
4 granddaughters and 2 grandsons ranging from 9 years down to 2 weeks. Oldest grandson at 7 years went to see Santa before Christmas and when asked what he wanted, he said look, I know you are a fraud so if I could get my bag of candy, I'll leave. This kids lines are priceless.
Oh man that is hilarious!

I wonder what Santa thought... Reply With Quote
Dec 30, 2017 | 17:12 11 Yes, Santas must hear some strange stories. It was either a local kid who does the job or a neighbour up the road. Great post, I was going to post this the other day when my son told me. Apple didn't fall far from the tree tho, my son said some real zingers when he was that age. He is still king of the best comebacks. Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2017 | 16:40 12 Xmas lunch at inlaws in adelaide a few years back. A lavish affair dining room packed with 12 around the table.

Aunty to phoenix my son who was i think 6 at the time. How are the cattle pheonix been doing anywork with them? "We shifted them home the other day i was on my 4 wheeler"
Aunty ...that must have been fun.
Phoenix straight faced as ever....."except for one effing black bitch" ""bloody mole hope we eating her soon"

You could have heard a pin drop.

Farm kids get a handle of the english language when dad works stock or fixes machinery.......and things go wrong Reply With Quote
blackpowder's Avatar Dec 31, 2017 | 16:53 13 Now thats funny I don't care who you are! Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2017 | 18:48 14 when my grandson was about 3 or 4 i took him in the old single axle . he looked around nervously and finally said "hey , how do you put the windows down in here ? " . Reply With Quote