• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macdon sold to Linamar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macdon sold to Linamar

Original article: https://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idCAKBN1E835X-OCADN

Canada's Linamar to buy agriculture equipment maker MacDon for C$1.2 billion

Reuters Staff

2 Min Read

(Reuters) - Canadian auto parts maker Linamar Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy privately held MacDon Group of Cos for C$1.2 billion ($937 million), to strengthen its presence in the agricultural equipment market.

Winnipeg, Manitoba-headquartered MacDon designs and manufactures specialized agriculture harvesting equipment such as d****rs and self-propelled windrowers.

The deal helps diversify further into agriculture, which looks poised for long-term growth as the global population expands, Linamar CEO Linda Hasenfratz said.

“The agriculture market is in early stages of cyclical recovery, so it’s a great time to step in,” she said on a conference call.

MacDon will be combined with Linamar’s existing agriculture harvesting business in Hungary, the company said.

Linamar said its existing revolving credit facility would be increased as part of the deal.

The deal, which is expected to close in the first quarter of 2018, is expected to immediately add to earnings, Linamar said.

BMO Capital Markets and TD Securities are financial advisers to Linamar, while Blake, Cassels & Graydon are providing legal counsel.

($1 = 1.28 Canadian dollars)

Notice who is advising Linamar... I'm not sure, but is this country run by idiots right through all industries?

Agriculture is at the start of cyclical recovery? Huh???

I'm kind of surprised JD didn't buy them.....green MacDons already.....what egotistical pricks!

Comment

Turn down Deere. Then sell to these guys?! I'm surprisingly unimpressed. Don't see anything good coming of it.
      Agreed. CEO sounds so distant that it's painful

Comment

Case or jd maybe “Clause” would have been my first guesses.

I don’t see much changing.

Comment

Deere smart knows swathers are on the way out. They have a pretty nice fd now too. MD also worried about the slow death of the windrower. found a sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
            Deere smart knows swathers are on the way out. They have a pretty nice fd now too. MD also worried about the slow death of the windrower. found a sucker.
            When glyphosate preharvest desiccation is banned........and the alternative chemical desiccants are almost cost prohibitive.....

Comment

This is crazy shit. ... what is wrong with that family?
              Last edited by bucket; Dec 14, 2017, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                This is crazy shit. ... what is w5ong with that family?
                937 million......is alot of money.

Comment

This isn't Linamar's first screw up into Ag...

Anybody remember MCC?

Massey Combine Corp in Port La Prairie?

It was backed by linamar... Then run by Linda's dad.

Interesting this is where Richard Kirkby... Macdon's lead engineer... Worked. He designed the CCIL 722 / Massey 200 swather...

When agco bought MCC out Richard went to work at macdon.

That's why the reverse station macdon looks like a newer version of the 742 CCIL

Comment

Well well I for one don’t see a death in swathers hell deal is done on three red ones. When others go one way go the other.

Deere screwed up again.

Had a CCIL 30ft with wings and then new 30ft and even the 42 ft.

Comment

Congrats to macdon...found next biggest sucker

Amazing...own a business and sell it for 10x earnings and forget about it.

Watch for mega pulse company sell out in next 12 months...multibillions. Mark my words.

Comment

AGT??? to who and for what price?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          Well well I for one don’t see a death in swathers hell deal is done on three red ones. When others go one way go the other.

Deere screwed up again.

Had a CCIL 30ft with wings and then new 30ft and even the 42 ft.
                          Saskfarmer each to his own we are still swath canola too but new swather sales are probably 1/10th of 5 years ago.

Comment

Would that be our buddy just east of the city

Comment

Kinda sad to see this. Pretty sure management at Linamar has zero ag knowledge and another great Canadian company will go the way of the dinosaur. Good for Agco as they have the most credible competition in the windrower and hay and forage space.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...