• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for grass farmer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Personally Grassfarmer, I think you go out of your way to stir the pot and that makes for good entertainment. What I don't understand is the same group that pushes for less C02 emissions, leaving coal and oil in the ground, taxing carbon, also pushes and promotes eating less meat. They want everyone to be a vegetarian. Grassfarmer you seem to live in this constant state of denial that because in your mind you are at the very least carbon neutral and because of that you will always be able to produce beef. Now I do agree that if a person works hard enough beef can be produced very efficiently but those in the environmental movement don't care. They want the production of meat by agriculture ended. In their opinion it produces to many greenhouse gases and uses to much water. I certainly appreciate that it must have taken a great deal of confidence to emigrate to Canada from Scotland but sometimes your outlook does make me shake my head. Have a good day😃
    Some people should get a brain and get a science education. They seemed to have missed the lessons on water cycle and photosynthesis. They would rather believe in fake science.

Comment

Hamloc, there are an awful lot of meat eating people in the world that are concerned about climate change and want to see reductions in C02 emissions. Your attempt to pigeon hole those concerned about environmental issues as a tiny, lunatic fringe group does not reflect reality.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Hamloc, there are an awful lot of meat eating people in the world that are concerned about climate change and want to see reductions in C02 emissions. Your attempt to pigeon hole those concerned about environmental issues as a tiny, lunatic fringe group does not reflect reality.
        Grassfarmer, google:"What are the best ways to reduce your carbon footprint" on CBC news in science and technology. I apologize I am not tech savvy enough to put up the link, maybe somebody else can. You will see that recommending a vegetarian lifestyle is becoming a mainstream belief of the environmental movement!

Comment

Define "the environmental movement".

Comment

Define "the environmental movement".
            Did you read the article? I would define the environmental movement as those who are proponents of the climate change agenda. Anti oil, anti-pipeline, fans of big government, carbon taxes. As a farmer I am undoubtedly attempting not to harm nature but I am also thankful of the benefits and comforts accorded to me by modern technology. Most of what proponents of climate change propose will do very little to stop true environmental pollution and realistically due very little to change the environment. When I refer to true environmental pollution I refer to degradation of our water resources and actual noxious gases in our environment, C02 is not a noxious gas. I agree we need to more efficiently utilize our finite resources but taxing natural gas for necessities like heat just don't make sense to me.

Comment

Comment

it reminds me of the days of “witch” burning and the power of the church and the atrocities that masses bought into. Families actually gave their young daughters as sacrifice. People are so darn gullible. Sad but true!

Comment

Did you read the article? I would define the environmental movement as those who are proponents of the climate change agenda. Anti oil, anti-pipeline, fans of big government, carbon taxes. As a farmer I am undoubtedly attempting not to harm nature but I am also thankful of the benefits and comforts accorded to me by modern technology. Most of what proponents of climate change propose will do very little to stop true environmental pollution and realistically due very little to change the environment. When I refer to true environmental pollution I refer to degradation of our water resources and actual noxious gases in our environment, C02 is not a noxious gas. I agree we need to more efficiently utilize our finite resources but taxing natural gas for necessities like heat just don't make sense to me.
                  hamloc, you claim to believe and accept modern technology, all provided by science yet you refuse to even consider science of climate change. I think a farmer who believes herbicedes including glyphosate are safe because scientific testing says so but denies man is having any impact on climate is just as hypocritical as the radical environmentalist.

Comment

Whilst I sometimes get really mad at grassy... mainly when he talks about excess rain actually...

He provides a different viewpoint on this site, and it's a good thing.

You have no debate without dissenting views. I have friends that are very left wing, anti-gmo, social utopians... and I have ultra conservatives as friends... and a bunch of people that fall in the middle...

It's fun to debate and discuss and hell even get mad at each other from time to time... Consensus is overrated. Debate isn't.

Grassy keep posting... 'cause even if I don't agree with you it's still a learning experience!

My $0.02.

Ciao!

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                      hamloc, you claim to believe and accept modern technology, all provided by science yet you refuse to even consider science of climate change. I think a farmer who believes herbicedes including glyphosate are safe because scientific testing says so but denies man is having any impact on climate is just as hypocritical as the radical environmentalist.
                      Show me where I said man wasn't having an effect on the environment? What I have constantly argued is that imposing a carbon tax in Canada will not change the world's environment. Leaving all of Canada's oil in the ground will not change the world's oil consumption it will only be produced elsewhere. Anybody with a brain knows C02 is essential to life on this planet. Let's be realistic, the islands of plastic waste in the ocean weren't created by whales, mountains of garbage weren't created by birds, cutting down trees in the Amazon to grow more soybeans wasn't done by gorillas. Mans imprint on the earth is undeniable. But giving more money to Justin Trudeau or Rachel Notley won't change a damn thing. And remember most proponents of climate change don't support the science of GMO's or the use of herbicides!!

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                        Whilst I sometimes get really mad at grassy... mainly when he talks about excess rain actually...

He provides a different viewpoint on this site, and it's a good thing.

You have no debate without dissenting views. I have friends that are very left wing, anti-gmo, social utopians... and I have ultra conservatives as friends... and a bunch of people that fall in the middle...

It's fun to debate and discuss and hell even get mad at each other from time to time... Consensus is overrated. Debate isn't.

Grassy keep posting... 'cause even if I don't agree with you it's still a learning experience!

My $0.02.

Ciao!
                        I certainly agree Klause, I do enjoy a good debate.

Comment

Hamloc, In survey figures I've seen 74% of Canadians feel global warming is a serious personal threat. Yet in another survey only 8% of Canadians claimed to be vegetarian or "mostly" vegetarian.

Comment

You describe my feelings very well Hamloc.

I might add that of those 74% that fear climate change most probably live in one of the brightest spots on this map and aren't willing to turn out the lights,quit travel,or give up any lifestyle.

http://darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html

The brightest spots will get brighter, no question.

No worries if we can replace all that energy with a whole new infrastructure and basically scrap the old one.

And create all that horsepower that petroleum provides a nice small transportable energy source for now.

Comment

Show me where I said man wasn't having an effect on the environment? What I have constantly argued is that imposing a carbon tax in Canada will not change the world's environment. Leaving all of Canada's oil in the ground will not change the world's oil consumption it will only be produced elsewhere. Anybody with a brain knows C02 is essential to life on this planet. Let's be realistic, the islands of plastic waste in the ocean weren't created by whales, mountains of garbage weren't created by birds, cutting down trees in the Amazon to grow more soybeans wasn't done by gorillas. Mans imprint on the earth is undeniable. But giving more money to Justin Trudeau or Rachel Notley won't change a damn thing. And remember most proponents of climate change don't support the science of GMO's or the use of herbicides!!
                              So, Hamloc, I am very interested in what your solution is. If a tax is not the answer, what is?

Comment

The environmental movement needs to show sincerity to incorporate a solution to the fact of uncontrolled human population increace.

Just because population control is a very touchy subject....doesn't diminish the fact that it is the reason the movement even exists.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.