• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Chinese or other Investors Return 10% or more return.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always believed in ownership over rent its way better once its paid for awesome.

But question was if three generations did the 3x increase how do we now in todays farming. Or do we just not bother.

Im still thinking in next five we will have a big opportunity to at least take it up one notch but not sure we want to go super hyper or stay where were at.

Big questions going on right now just looking for some solutions.

Comment

I know of two brothers who make Kambeitz like a mino in and ocean. These two farm 65,000 acres, and everything is ran top notch. They are first done seeding and for the most part combines are parked before most people.
      I got to meet one of the brothers about 5 yrs ago, and is the most humblist person you could ever meet. He asked me a lot about my farm and things I do to improve my operation. We talked like we’ve know each other for years. I admire people like that. Yes I do question why anyone would want to “Big”, if that’s even the word to describe an operation like that.
      Couldn’t imagine what they go through in a given year.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
        I drive by this farm every time I go to Regina. It will be interesting to see if these farms can succeed in a tougher farm climate. We saw what happened to One Earth farms.
        We have a lot of farms that have grown to sizes previously thought impossible. Most of these still have a large family involvement and have not gone to a pure corporate model. Most are still "family farms".
        We then all look at some of these new outfits that are so different than our own and pass judgement on if they will be successful. I am sorry to say that many in Sask seem to delight in the failure of the big operations. Misery likes company and many who feel the challenges of farming today I guess feel better if others go down, especially if seen as a threat to their own way of doing business.
        I think of the book The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. It delves into successes of people and how timing and environment and make a huge difference. It will take years for us to really see if the way of the future is this or is it a blip in time?
        Some farmers grew up on a section. Their kids learned from that and grew to 3 sections. Their children only ever saw how to farm 3 sections so now with efficient machinery, automation and technical skills the latest generation can manage 6-25 sections . Generational growth. Timing is very helpful. Some of the newest farmers have only ever had to manage profit and income tax!! There is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

It will depend how well their oil company does!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            It will depend how well their oil company does!!!
            Here your answer Big Square Wheel

[URL="https://www.pressreader.com/canada/stockwatch-daily/20170802/281964607800698"]https://www.pressreader.com/canada/stockwatch-daily/20170802/281964607800698[/URL]

And for the Magpies on the site here is some further pecking you can do

[URL="http://9mpog1av5ui1hm1dt43wilsw.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Creditor-Package-2.pdf"]http://9mpog1av5ui1hm1dt43wilsw.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Creditor-Package-2.pdf[/URL]

Iceman Out

Past performance is not indicutive of future success! Or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
              Here your answer Big Square Wheel

[URL="https://www.pressreader.com/canada/stockwatch-daily/20170802/281964607800698"]https://www.pressreader.com/canada/stockwatch-daily/20170802/281964607800698[/URL]

And for the Magpies on the site here is some further pecking you can do

[URL="http://9mpog1av5ui1hm1dt43wilsw.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Creditor-Package-2.pdf"]http://9mpog1av5ui1hm1dt43wilsw.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Creditor-Package-2.pdf[/URL]

Iceman Out

Past performance is not indicutive of future success! Or is it?
              "Past performance is not indicutive of future success! Or is it?"

You are ****ing priceless Iceman.

Remember my "cream skimmer" analogy. Board seats, create your own position.

5 cents a share in exchange for debenture loan write-downs when they are barely two cents on the exchange. Too funny!

Reduced "consultant" fees.....LOL OMG!

Magpies.... LOL Flighty, squawking, pecking bastards we are.... LOL
              Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 3, 2017, 14:46.

Comment

Hahaha ice the wheel is round and rollin always one step ahead keep following you'll get there. Where's the next link to the buzzards aka INPUT. Hahaha

Comment

Yes farmaholic I remember the creamer line and it was priceless

But enough of this speculation already guys go pull a title and see what the truth actually is.
                  For the record I'm nowhere near this wheel house. Just a farmer who enjoys a popcorn thread on a Sunday.

Surgeon General Iceman's Warning
                  Using investors money will reduce your life expectancy

Now farmaholic stop changing channels during the curling commercials and be "SMART"

Iceman Late

Comment

You don’t have to expand a farm to fit the next generation in.

Next generation could get a plumber/gas fitter ticket. Hard to get those trades people in rural areas. Or get body shop training and set up shop. Vehicles always get damaged whether economy is hot or not. Can reduce work during seeding and harvest. Or set up safety business. Most larger farms will need a written safety plan and employee training. They don’t want to be bothered during seeding and harvest so good fit. Or farm book keeping where you go to the farm. Lots of great opportunities if you want them.

Why bother burdening the next generation with debt for farm expansion. Find an income stream that compliments the farm and use income from that to aid growth.

Could also be the older generation that pursues the newer off farm career and still helps on the farm.

Lots of opportunity for kids to come home to the farm, big or small if we think out side of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                      Where's the next link to the buzzards aka INPUT. Hahaha
                      Sore topic.

Iceman failed to complete the preflight check list and now we are in a flat spin headed out to sea.

Maybe the sask party will come to the rescue of their financiers.

Dam it Iceman's too Big too Fail Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                        Now farmaholic stop changing channels during the curling commercials and be "SMART"

Iceman Late
                        I've been accused of being alot of things. ....."SMART" was never one of them!

I'm AGCO stupid.

Is that what you meant!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I've been accused of being alot of things. ....."SMART" was never one of them!

I'm AGCO stupid.

Is that what you meant!
                          Yes Newholland smart and maybe dry hole dumb by the looks of it.

Iceman Out

Comment

It must be a real PIA to have to shoot a new video every year, because you have changed equipment colours.

Wasn't last year's equipment red?

Of course, maybe you can use the video again in a couple years.

Comment

No the above farm since they started was NH.

The post was designed to explain is this the new way to farm. Out side investment because AG in Saskatchewan doesnt pay for 30 million dollar yard sites.

Or maybe it does.

Thats was my question. Because i have seen in my travels lots of great crazy new farms but when you pencil things out most dont have private rail lines in Saskatchewan.

So how does one get to this new level that was the question and god some one on here has to have a answer on that.

Comment

Are you guys talking about that site just outside Lajord??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.