• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more trouble with wind turbines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more trouble with wind turbines

Probably the most plausible risk you folks against alternative energy sources have come up with to date LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Probably the most plausible risk you folks against alternative energy sources have come up with to date LOL.
      Well grassant, you may want to withdraw that comment after you watch this video:

In this week's farm paper, a journalist reports on a large number of private water wells that have been contaminated by wind turbine construction and operation and the owners are being supplied with water by the companies.

You claim that Trump denies facts. So, why do you Liberals insist on denying documented facts and data? Why do you give a corrupt leader like Wynne a free pass for trying to distract from truth?

Why do you Liberals enjoy demonizing the US president for his stupidity but give PM sock boy puppet quiet support for allowing Islamic terrorist/rapist aligned fighters back into the country without any real plan for dealing with these psychopaths?

Step up grassant.
      Last edited by burnt; Nov 30, 2017, 23:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
        NOw that just made my day, and I don't care which side of the debate you are on, that is funny. How will they explain this to the children?( because it is always about the children, you know)

Comment

Good one. The sad truth is though, Santa could just let go and have his fall broken by the pile of dead songbirds underneath.

Comment

Woopydo Burnt. Out west it was about 1 water well per section contaminated by oil and gas development where I lived.

Truth isn't Braveheart. A north American survey of bird deaths didn't list either wind turbines or oil and gas development in the top 9 causes. Cats, powerlines, collision with houses, collision with vehicles, hunting, ag pesticides, ag mowing, commercial forestry and telecommunication towers were the causes in order of impact.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Woopydo Burnt. Out west it was about 1 water well per section contaminated by oil and gas development where I lived.

Truth isn't Braveheart. A north American survey of bird deaths didn't list either wind turbines or oil and gas development in the top 9 causes. Cats, powerlines, collision with houses, collision with vehicles, hunting, ag pesticides, ag mowing, commercial forestry and telecommunication towers were the causes in order of impact.
              Oh I see, so aquifers knowingly destroyed by continued wind turbine construction and operation are acceptable because you say so.

You Liberals can be counted on for one thing - consistently standing on a double standard. Just like your hero PM sock puppet boy, Bill Morneau or Maryam Monsef, the Liberal member of Parliament who entered the country on a false passport.

Oh well, hypocrisy really broadens the ground you can stand on...sickening````````````````````

[URL="http://nationalpost.com/opinion/graeme-gordon-liberals-let-terrorists-keep-their-citizenship-yet-revoke-citizenship-for-lesser-offences"]http://nationalpost.com/opinion/graeme-gordon-liberals-let-terrorists-keep-their-citizenship-yet-revoke-citizenship-for-lesser-offences[/URL]

Comment

Oh wait the Liberals will blame Harper for Bills bad ways watch its still coming.

Comment

Why is it that the alleged environmental issues with green energy are such a big issue for some when the bigger more serious environmental issues of fossil energy hardly get mentioned by the same people?

Comment

it's to bad that these green people don't have a clue how solar and wind equip is made or what it's made of. guess it just shows up on earth out of the blue. when they figure it out one day all that shit will disappear cause it takes more energy to make that stuff than a nuclear power plant that can power hundred of thousands of homes .

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                      it's to bad that these green people don't have a clue how solar and wind equip is made or what it's made of. guess it just shows up on earth out of the blue. when they figure it out one day all that shit will disappear cause it takes more energy to make that stuff than a nuclear power plant that can power hundred of thousands of homes .
                      Have you seen the cost of building nuclear plants vs renewables? No contest. Plus you have to pay for the cost of waste disposal that lasts hundreds of years.

Comment

If anybody thinks the Unreliables are going to replace any of these fuels soon, they are sadly mistaken.

https://gailtheactuary.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/world-energy-consumption-by-fuel-2014.png

Apparently these people cannot rap their heads around the scale of power required to run the world as it is presently constituted.
                        Last edited by RWT101; Dec 1, 2017, 12:54. Reason: fix link

Comment

Guys like chuck tell us all is good switch to solar and wind blah blah blah.

Can’t grasp that these structures use lots and lots of energy to build.

Nothing is cheap but if the government subsidizes it all is good.

It’s bullshit.

Build hydro on south and north sask and nuke by PA and f$&k the rest of the shit.

Comment

Sitting around in the shop last night with my son and a few of his friends having a few drinks and BSing. One of his friends works out in Halkirk on windmill maintanence. I asked him if he thought that you could produce power at 5 cents a kw with a windmill. He said no it couldn't be done that cheap because whether they are GE out of the USA or from Denmark or China all prices are in US dollars and none are manufactured in Canada. Unfortunately he couldn't give me a firm price on power but I believe he speculated $110 per megawatt hour, which I assume is 11 cents a kw. Also interesting to note they tried some chinese built replacement transmissions in their windmills and they were shit, gears in the transmission broke down very quickly. He made me laugh a bit, was planning to change jobs to apprenticing for an electrician, didn't feel there was a future in windmills, just doent pencil.

Comment

Good conversation not cut and paste like chuck or grass but from some one who works on them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.