Bitcoins

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Bitcoins

Nov 29, 2017 | 13:00 1 I don't know much about them but they are suppose to be rapidly gaining value this last little while.

Just thinking, go back to last March should have rented the farm out for 70/ac then took all the input money and the rent money and bought bitcoins. Sell the bitcoins now and buy inputs for next spring.

All hindsight and I am to big of a coward to ever try thing like that. Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 13:41 2
Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
I don't know much about them but they are suppose to be rapidly gaining value this last little while.

Just thinking, go back to last March should have rented the farm out for 70/ac then took all the input money and the rent money and bought bitcoins. Sell the bitcoins now and buy inputs for next spring.

All hindsight and I am to big of a coward to ever try thing like that.
Jan 1 2017 bit coins where about $1200 cad. today they are $13400 might not have to farm a few years after that. Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 13:59 3 Yes would have been better than low pro wheat. Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 14:10 4 Watching the bank teller's jaw hit the floor when you ask for a wire to buy Bitcoin. Priceless! Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 14:13 5 Who accepts bitcoin? Can you buy a tank of gas or a pizza with it? I guess what I'm asking is...is this currency legal tender...is it a currency at all or is it a collectible item for trading.
Last edited by sk_wheatking; Nov 29, 2017 at 14:16.
Nov 29, 2017 | 14:15 6 Bitcoin has been getting a relatively free ride. Increasing value while putting a load on the grid and the internet.
https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

When will the bubble burst and leave all these bitcoin miners with a huge internet bill and nothing much else?
Take what is good about blockchain and get this bitcoin mining thing straightened out and properly valued
Last edited by farming101; Nov 29, 2017 at 14:44.
Nov 29, 2017 | 14:18 7
Quote Originally Posted by sk_wheatking View Post
Who accepts bitcoin? Can you buy a tank of gas or a pizza with it? I guess what I'm asking is...is this currency legal tender...is it a currency at all or is it a collectible item for trading.
Who regulates this? Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 14:35 8 https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/nasd...tures-trading/

Bitcoin is Coming to nasdaq Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 14:49 9
Quote Originally Posted by Casered View Post
So some guy started his own currency and it has taken off to this then? Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 15:18 10 Oddly enough it had a large drop today. Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 16:41 11 So yesterday would have been the day to cash them in. There are opportunity's around us everyday just hard to see them without hindsight. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Nov 29, 2017 | 16:48 12 Hopefully isn't not some frenzied investment scheme. Like a pyramid scheme, the guys early to the party are the ones that usually do well.

I'm not that much of a gambler, work too hard and take enough risk earning the money I have.... maybe that's why I can't get ahead! Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 16:50 13 More like a gold rush. Some strike it rich, but more money was usually made selling shovels and picks Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Nov 29, 2017 | 16:53 14 By the time I hear of it or think about boarding.... the train has usually left the station. Reply With Quote
Nov 29, 2017 | 17:33 15 Blockchain is easily the greatest technological advancement since the internet. Some of the most informed individuals would compare what the internet has done for communications to what blockchain technology will do for finance. The future potential of bitcoin and blockchain is unimaginable, we're at 1993 of the internet boom regarding blockchain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1si5ZWLgy0

This is a "intro to bitcoin" by whom many would regard as the worlds leading expert in the field. Definitely worth the time. This sort of thing is going to change agriculture more then anything else in the next 20 years.
Last edited by workboots; Nov 29, 2017 at 18:02.
Nov 29, 2017 | 18:02 16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtKhYx2Vlb4

This is more current. Reply With Quote
Nov 30, 2017 | 07:28 17 If bit coin doesn't work out you can turn to the diet drink pyramids. They seem to be the big thing now too. Why work? Remember it's not a pyramid it's called multi level marketing....lol. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Nov 30, 2017 | 07:33 18
Quote Originally Posted by sk_wheatking View Post
If bit coin doesn't work out you can turn to the diet drink pyramids. They seem to be the big thing now too. Why work? Remember it's not a pyramid it's called multi level marketing....lol.
Like the Le-Vel hysteria? Emotional marketing..... WHAT!? you don't believe the real life testimonials? Maybe a tear will help....tears of joy....how much better my life is since.... PUKE! Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Nov 30, 2017 | 07:59 19 I will say that was something i considered back years ago when a family member had a meeting about it and explaining it. Went but didn't bite. Probably would be retired now if i sold today. Oh well sometimes your the bug and some times your the window. Reply With Quote
Nov 30, 2017 | 12:45 20 Well I’m going to down load the app and see what it looks and feels like.

You don’t have to buy 1 share ( or trade for a $14,000 share)I think you can trade one dollar. After watching the above video links why wouldn’t I?

It’s different, I don’t understand itetc ( the same with years ago when I didn’t understand futures or options, but I do now)

Thanks for posting the video links. Reply With Quote
Nov 30, 2017 | 14:58 21 Pyramid Polly come to mind. I think I'll duck in the sand and keep my head down. I've smelt a few too many in my life to love the game. Reply With Quote
Dec 1, 2017 | 20:45 22 Is there anywhere I can sell my wheat for bitcoins? Reply With Quote
Dec 2, 2017 | 08:34 23 Like bitcoins; other forms of serious gambling appeal to most human beings.

The common outcome in reality is sadness and ultimate big time losses

Perhaps it is best summed up as

IF only one of the get rich quick schemes had materialized (out of the three or four per year that might cross a schemer's mind)...that person would have more wealth than Donald Trump Reply With Quote