• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RB sale

Did anyone go and was there any good deals? I was kind of pre occupied so did not see any of the sale today.

......auction sales can be a sobering reality check! You may think your iron is worth "X" $ until something like yours of similar quality and hours is sold at auction....can be a pleasant surprise or dismal disappointment.

With internet bidding and a large number of live bidders....auctions can be pretty accurate reflection of prices.

Comment

Nothing we have is worth FA, over supply of everything, buyers market, including what we grow...

Comment

Couple of thoughts. John Deere combines appear to be a little over $100000 cheaper than equivelent S-680 and S-690's at the dealers. Some swathers sold well but were certainly some good prices. Seed drill certainly depreciate quickly. When you consider the 2015 S-690 sold for $360 K, 3 years use and depreciates roughly $240 K, doesn't make sense to me. I believe 372 threshing hours, $645 per hour yikes. So with a 40 foot header you would have to average just over 5 mph to get 25 acres an hour done and depreciation would cost $26 dollars per acre without including the cost of your header. No fuel, no operator cost, no repairs.

Comment

2015 class 9 cases with 6-700 hours on them for under 300k. $100,000 a year. I could buy a fleet of used class 6 machines, and light them on fire at the end of the year, and still be money ahead...

Comment

Isn't it all a bit of a numbers game....700-600k new combine "programmed" down a bit and an inflated trade in value for yours...so sell the trades at auction for less than "asking" lot price. The starting point is so ridiculous there's probably more room to play than we know.

What are the "real" numbers?

Comment

The real numbers went from 10,000 ac to 40,000 ac . It is what it is . That’s the attitude of the whole Ag industry .
              Like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Nothing we have is worth FA, over supply of everything, buyers market, including what we grow...
                Isn't that the truth. #1 low pro wheat delivered at your cost getting beaten by feed prices at the bin door currently...

Comment

I just checked a few items.
                  2290 2wd Case for $32,000 seems like there might be an extra zero on that price. Hours not listed, must be virtually new?

Could have bought a 82 chev 3 ton gas for $8000, or a 95 Mack tandem for $14,000, one or both of those is the wrong price by a lot.

2011 Bourgault PHD sold for less than a 6 years older 5710, although the 5710 includes a cart. Are the PHD's wearing out that much faster?

2009 MF 9795 for $55,000 that is even half the price of the 2008 A85 Gleaner, what is wrong with the 9795's?

I'm glad that someone has figured out how to justify the depreciation on new equipment, particularly drills and combines. Makes my life easier.

Comment

.....keep the ****in things for more than three years.... 8-10 and with modest hours/acres and in decent maintained shape then don't dump it at public auction

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I just checked a few items.
                      2290 2wd Case for $32,000 seems like there might be an extra zero on that price. Hours not listed, must be virtually new?

Could have bought a 82 chev 3 ton gas for $8000, or a 95 Mack tandem for $14,000, one or both of those is the wrong price by a lot.

2011 Bourgault PHD sold for less than a 6 years older 5710, although the 5710 includes a cart. Are the PHD's wearing out that much faster?

2009 MF 9795 for $55,000 that is even half the price of the 2008 A85 Gleaner, what is wrong with the 9795's?

I'm glad that someone has figured out how to justify the depreciation on new equipment, particularly drills and combines. Makes my life easier.
                      I did notice the 229 Case and 9795 Massey too.
                      The 2294 Case appears to have under 3000 hours....still seems high especially without FEL.
                      Massey combines seem to sell extremely low at Ritchie's unless this model is a dud?

The near new 60' New Holland/Case drills seemed to have depreciated extremely fast......or are thes maintenance nightmares?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        .....keep the ****in things for more than three years.... 8-10 and with modest hours/acres and in decent maintained shape then don't dump it at public auction
                        that's not long enough , lol. our old 835 bought, 3 years old in 83 . was pretty much used just for plowing snow got 200 hours pulling harrows , roller , etc. when we were so far behind . don't think we will sell it until we're done .

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          Isn't that the truth. #1 low pro wheat delivered at your cost getting beaten by feed prices at the bin door currently...
                          Yet high pro wheat is at a $2/bu or greater premium.

Sell it for feed than if you can't make something work for a better elevator price. Talk about doing a blended protein if you have other high protein wheat.

No different than any other year really.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                            Yet high pro wheat is at a $2/bu or greater premium.

Sell it for feed than if you can't make something work for a better elevator price. Talk about doing a blended protein if you have other high protein wheat.

No different than any other year really.
                            Except for last year when a 2 12% beat feed, or two years ago when a 1 12% beat feed, or three years ago when a 1 12% beat feed, or 4 years ago when a 1 12% beat feed. Only time in recent memory that a good visual quality lower protein cwrs was beaten by feed prices was when cn and cp couldn't get a record setting crop to port 5 years ago...

Just an observation, not that I necessarily have issues with it. Financially, it doesnt much matter to me whether it goes through a starving African, or a starving pig/chicken/cow.

Comment

Yeah don't matter where the grain ends up. Only thing that matters is the $ in your pocket.

We want graincos to pay more for protein.

Only time they'll pay for protein is if we are short pro.

Then they don't pay anything when they are long pro.

Gonna be winners and losers every year is the unfortunate truth.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.