• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah They Learn So fast!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah They Learn So fast!

Turkish import tax.

Just out on Linseed oil ah countries learn so fast how to get shit from us for nothing.

Hey will Lentils be next.

The decision of the Turkish government to introduce a US$120/t import tax on linseed will have substantial repercussions on world trade flows of linseed and flaxseed in coming months, potentially resulting in higher than previously assumed imports and crushings primarily in the EU-28 and China, says Oil World.

But wait let's make sure our government does nothing while this gets bigger and bigger more commodities and more artificially low price.

Instead of tax their own people in these countries those governments are taxing us to sell our grain there. They re still buying it right????? While we pay their debts. Wow.

Comment

What a great thing for Canadian businesses that have operations there.....they can continue to buy Canadian product at a reduced rate and their profit goes up...

I guess that's how you get named businessman of the world...

Comment

I have to agree with you they learn so fast and this is just a two weeks after India did its 50% So Ah they learn so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          But wait let's make sure our government does nothing while this gets bigger and bigger more commodities and more artificially low price.

Instead of tax their own people in these countries those governments are taxing us to sell our grain there. They re still buying it right????? While we pay their debts. Wow.
          Actually this is a tax on their own individual consumption and may or may not change the amount of consumption of a particular product in a particular country. I am starting to believe that long term imports of peas in India for instance may not change much. Just supports internal acreage at the loss of another crop. If 60 cents red lentils on a canadian grower basis didn't change their production practices and direct acreage i am not sure this will.

Competition we face from Black Sea is a seperate issue though.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
            Actually this is a tax on their own individual consumption and may or may not change the amount of consumption of a particular product in a particular country. I am starting to believe that long term imports of peas in India for instance may not change much. Just supports internal acreage at the loss of another crop. If 60 cents red lentils on a canadian grower basis didn't change their production practices and direct acreage i am not sure this will.

Competition we face from Black Sea is a seperate issue though.

22.85mmt domestic production last year expecting iver 22mmt this year.

Trendline is what? 19mmt?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
              22.85mmt domestic production last year expecting iver 22mmt this year.

Trendline is what? 19mmt?
              I don't know, the rabi crop is not even planted yet. Their numbers are never that accurate. Hard country to get accurate results on acreage or production because it is 5 ac farms. I look more at what they are buying or not buying in this case.

Comment

Marlene is a little pissed at our federal ag minister ...what's his name? .....

Someone getting caught on the wrong end of this dispute.....do you think farmers or the middleman will be listened to?

My guess is neither because Trudeau's gang doesn't acknowledge agriculture. ....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Marlene is a little pissed at our federal ag minister ...what's his name? .....

Someone getting caught on the wrong end of this dispute.....do you think farmers or the middleman will be listened to?

My guess is neither because Trudeau's gang doesn't acknowledge agriculture. ....
                  Oh come on Bucket. The Ag made minister did talk about Ag once.....and when he did he was explaining how a carbon tax would be good for agriculture. 🙈

What a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    Oh come on Bucket. The Ag made minister did talk about Ag once.....and when he did he was explaining how a carbon tax would be good for agriculture. 🙈

What a moron.
                    it was a complete slap in the face for Ag , it's that simple .same as Pierre giving the west the finger in the 80's
                    wtf is his name anyways ???

Comment

All the negative comment about grain prices and the marketing system might make us think that grain farming is not profitable.
                      Do not see that to be the case for many of us these past few years and think fears for future are overblown.
                      Interesting to see reports on crop and revenue insurance payouts.

Comment

Grain prices are the same as they were in the 70s dollar wise but not value wise if you talking about profitable.?

....an auger costs more than a super b of grain .....in the 70s you could buy a half ton with 300 bushels of grain...today it would take 6 super Bs or more....

6 dollars in the 70s is worth nearly 30 today....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          Grain prices are the same as they were in the 70s dollar wise but not value wise if you talking about profitable.?

....an auger costs more than a super b of grain .....in the 70s you could buy a half ton with 300 bushels of grain...today it would take 6 super Bs or more....

6 dollars in the 70s is worth nearly 30 today....
                          You are partly right Bucket and I agree I don't like how the economics of farming have changed. The rest of the story is how many bushels are grown on an average farm annually compared to bushels in the 70s. Or net incomes today vs then. Or net income from farming vs an average paycheck then or now.

Farms have changed due to machinery, technology and agronomy. Acres are triple or more compared to even 15yrs ago now the question to ask is have we changed because we had to or because the opportunity was there to profit?

Comment

Back in the 70s yes we were a farm of 2000 acres run as a family farm. Today were well over that but my wheat yields some years were 50 and some were 40 and some were 30 today we get 66 56 46 so yes change im growing more but guess what in the 70s it was 49 lbs n then 80lbs now 120 actual. Cost wise back in the 70s we took home a new 100plus hp tractor then a new four wheel drive and then went back for a new combine. Total debt was maybe 21000 total debt. Try that today.

Big problem as i see it Canada and USA are losing ground because we farmers give so much away to keep all the industry going.

like i posted earlier do you guys honestly think Russian farmers or most South American Farmers or African farmers are actually sending Monsanto and Bayer royalty checks.

Were going to be like South American soon and they are going to be like we use to be.

China dont give a rats ass about some squirrel in Tuck ty yuck tuck or Bum F#$K Alberta if some thing needs to get to them it gets build here we study and want pay offs and then study and by the time its all over some air head changes their mind and project dies. Well these places will go where product is and the Boy scout mentality that is Canada will not win.

So is it a great time to get out and leave Im starting to really think it is.

The future is maybe Argentina or Brazil.

Comment

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm sure you'd find plenty to whine about in Brazil or Argentina.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...