• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hats off to Federated Coop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hats off to Federated Coop

I think it's really great how coops source and partner to produce fresh produce grown right on the prairies , in the winter ! there are outlook carrots which are outstanding and now tomatoes and cucumbers from the cucumber man . without a word of a lie , these are as good as fresh out of the garden . actually the carrots are better than fresh out of our garden . so much nicer than trucking them from California and Mexico . I had resigned myself to waiting until summer to eat tomatoes , sure was surprised when I bit into their beefsteak tomato . not like the wooden tasting ones from the south . try them , if you haven't !

Totally agree..there awesome.

Comment

Fresh produce is great but don't kid yourself federated coop doesn't do anything unless they make a healthy profit. They aren't about service they are all about profit.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
        Fresh produce is great but don't kid yourself federated coop doesn't do anything unless they make a healthy profit. They aren't about service they are all about profit.
        So what, profit keeps a company going and expanding, no different than your farm.

So who are you green guys backing in the grey cup..

Comment

So who are you green guys backing in the grey cup..

The refs.

Comment

Good NFL games on Sunday.

I cant Cheer for Calgary so probably Toronto. Have a house full coming over so if it sucks well turn the channel.

Coop looks after the Coop and then pays dividends of $68.46 to members.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Good NFL games on Sunday.

I cant Cheer for Calgary so probably Toronto. Have a house full coming over so if it sucks well turn the channel.

Coop looks after the Coop and then pays dividends of $68.46 to members.

SF3 - Isn't cheering for the east sort of like cheering for Trudeau and Wynne - you're not going to come out of the closet are you?

Comment

The point is we have never seen the local products at Sobeys or No frills or..Extra Foods..
                So bonus to the coop..
                SF3 if you buy your fuel there then the coop cheque would be BIG...

Comment

Sobeys does buy local , depends on store
                  We sell most of our sweet corn through the local Sobeys.

Comment

Yes I know that’s our groceries in the city. Fuel I have a deal with petro can on semi loads so and Avion so I’ll just leave it alone.

Comment

I am no fan of coop and don't buy anything from them unless I have no choice. They use the buying power of federated to push other business out of small towns. Once they have the market cornered the prices shoot up.

Our local coop farm service you can go in there in the afternoon and you won't see any employees so just look around for what you need and after awhile someone might come out of the back yawning and stretching to run the till. You get the feeling that they wished you never came in.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        I am no fan of coop and don't buy anything from them unless I have no choice. They use the buying power of federated to push other business out of small towns. Once they have the market cornered the prices shoot up.

Our local coop farm service you can go in there in the afternoon and you won't see any employees so just look around for what you need and after awhile someone might come out of the back yawning and stretching to run the till. You get the feeling that they wished you never came in.
                        no I am no fan of federated , was on beeland board for a while , years ago, until I couldn't stomach the stupidity any more ! this new grocery store coming in tisdale will be a good reality check there , will be some competition there now .
                        however , we live in a small town and if it were not for coops and credit unions , we would have zero left . including no card lock for fuel .
                        I just think that it's good to eat tomatoes , cucumbers and carrots grown in sask and Alta , that's all .
                        seldom , I was in there the other day (think you mean hardware and lumberyard store ?) that is really pathetic and it's funny, you go to pineland , nipawin,(same type of store) and it's really busy and you won't get 30 ft into the store and someone will be helping you ?

Comment

caseih, those Outlook carrots are better than what we can grow in our own garden. No kidding. Take one in my harvest lunch everyday. Nice change from salty and sweet snacks.

Comment

Have market gardeners at local farmers markets, all produce is great, VERY local, like a few miles.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              no I am no fan of federated , was on beeland board for a while , years ago, until I couldn't stomach the stupidity any more ! this new grocery store coming in tisdale will be a good reality check there , will be some competition there now .
                              however , we live in a small town and if it were not for coops and credit unions , we would have zero left . including no card lock for fuel .
                              I just think that it's good to eat tomatoes , cucumbers and carrots grown in sask and Alta , that's all .
                              seldom , I was in there the other day (think you mean hardware and lumberyard store ?) that is really pathetic and it's funny, you go to pineland , nipawin,(same type of store) and it's really busy and you won't get 30 ft into the store and someone will be helping you ?
                              I was talking about the farm store that's on the hi-way in the old IH building. The home and lumber is quiet but Baron's Funeral home has more life at midnight than the farm store has at midday LOL
                              Last edited by seldomseen; Nov 25, 2017, 12:36.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.