• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Devine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant Devine

There is a nice tribute to a man that set in motion future growth of the province.....I would prefer Lake Devine but Grant Devine Lake works....

I heard that and think it is a nice gesture for the best Premier Sask has had in my lifetime.

I like Lake Devine better also.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      There is a nice tribute to a man that set in motion future growth of the province.....I would prefer Lake Devine but Grant Devine Lake works....
      couldn't agree more . the last politician that had any vision in this province . some people still don't realize what he acclomplished . I think of it often when I don't see any power lines and turn the natural gas furnace on ! he really cared about rural sask . congrats grant , never has anyone been more deserving !

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        couldn't agree more . the last politician that had any vision in this province . some people still don't realize what he acclomplished . I think of it often when I don't see any power lines and turn the natural gas furnace on ! he really cared about rural sask . congrats grant , never has anyone been more deserving !
        Totally agree. Set Saskatoon in course of science in Ag with the ag building at U of S. He was a leader. It's really sad that a few minor issues with mlas has scorned these achievements. Sure they made some mistakes but had vision that has never been acknowledged.

Comment

Devine Intervention. I remember being with my brother at Headquarters the night he was elected. For me, it's one of those moments you never forget. How one man, in his short term could plan and execute so much, though there was a lot of wrangling over Rafferty/Alameda, he got her done. And lots more.

Comment

It would have been even better if we weren't in such a bad recession at the time.

Comment

Name some other politicians that put the country before their own srlf interests....that left a lasting legacy ....

Comment

Personally I'm waiting for the Bill Boyd tribute.

I can see it now SF3 and LEP unveiling the statue outside the gates of the Bill Boyd regional Landfill

Iceman Out

Comment

AlamedaDam and the lake behind it were olaced where they are by people like Hilding Fransom (sp???). He admittedly didn't know a thing about dam building...but he said"he knew where they should be sited"

That's how things get done; but not necessarily how scarce resources are best spent.

Comment

I hate ok maybe not hate bill Boyd ok i really never liked the guy. Enough said.

Grant on the other hand was one heck of a nice guy who actually had a vision for sask. To bad he couldn't see the shit for brains couple of cabinet ministers he had under him.

Lake Devine would of been a better name.

Roy got a lab named after him and i also agree with that.

Thatcher got the campus at moose jaw and that is fitting.

So in the end they did a great job but Lake Devine would of been so much better.

Have a great day.

Boyd i would call the old landfill North of regina after him. Boyd Hill.

Comment

Or the sewage treatment lagoon could be called Boyd Lake.

Comment

Lake Boyd but i would agree.

Comment

I did notice too that the hydro-electric station had its two turbines commissioned in 1985 & 1986.
                          It seems like a lot of infrastructure was added to our province during this decade that improved the province over the long term.
                          SaskFerco fertilizer plant was another good investment by Devine as well that was later sold for a large profit.

Comment

Grant Devine- my 1 1/2 cents
                            I lived/ worked in Sk with my family for 5 years and never got far into politics, but had kids in minor hockey as did Devine, only on a different team. One night he was in the stands alone but on the other side, I went over and talked with him for a few moments and he was approachable and sociable. Always thought he was good for Sk.
                            When teaching at UofSk I was told there were people standing in the doorway to listen as all seats were filled.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                              Grant Devine- my 1 1/2 cents
                              I lived/ worked in Sk with my family for 5 years and never got far into politics, but had kids in minor hockey as did Devine, only on a different team. One night he was in the stands alone but on the other side, I went over and talked with him for a few moments and he was approachable and sociable. Always thought he was good for Sk.
                              When teaching at UofSk I was told there were people standing in the doorway to listen as all seats were filled.
                              I wonder if he tunes into AgriVille. He would probably be amused to see the comments. His term in office kind of reminds me of the jingle, "Every party needs a pooper". He definitely had a few poopers tagging along behind him, think Brad Wall would have asked Grant for a bit of advice on hanging on to nimrods.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...