• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypocrites on this site

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    Sarcasm did a fly by lol.

I got t Tweety, and I agree. We love to overproduce and then complain about the costs - that's for sure. All in favour of cheap food, say "ai" 👍

Comment

Why do I get the impression that some of these responders didn't read ( or at least comprehend) what I wrote. Do you think that our government should force a government of a foreign country to force their agricultural sector to buy our products at a price which is profitable for us, regardless of what local producers can sell for, or other importers prices. This would be akin to our beloved Trudeau forcing us to buy all of our N fertilizer from his favorite middle eastern terrorist states, at well above world prices, while our local manufacturers are unable to sell their product to us. That would go over like a ton of bricks.

Regardless if we operate in a complete free market, or a strict command economy, somehow producers need to get the signal to decrease production when there is an oversupply. All of your proposals run counter to that. The market is telling us we grew too much, grow less next year, until supply and demand are back into balance. Doesn't mean we are going to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
        I'm just wondering whatever happened to our green initiative regarding biofuels? The government wants it and we can supply the canola for bio diesel and the wheat for ethanol while at the same time shorting the canola crush market for Cargill and Richardson and the like for their oil crush outfits thereby raising commodity prices because they are now forced to compete with biofuel ? Maybe I'm stupid.
        I wonder the same thing , would it not be a good fit into the green climate change agenda ? It’s like bio fuel in Canada has been swept under the rug , when the Liberals should be endorsing it .

Comment

When you throw a 50% tax on a commodity over supply isn't the issue. I don't know why this over supply bullshit is being promoted it isn't the case. People are starving there and many other countries besides India. There are other issues where government deals decide the incomes of those people. Better incomes for them better prices and they don't starve. Almost every year they throw out destroy peas and lentils they produce and buy because they don't have the infrastructure to destribute and kit enough people have money to buy. So there is a whole lot more to this than supply. Are they not taking the peas that are moving now at 6.00? Yes they are but when you add the tarriff to it they re paying as much or more for it.

Once again Some on here are trying to bullshit that we are the problem we are not the problem. Do you want me to start doing a chucky and print off pages and pages of examples of our pulse groups and wheat groups expressing this endless demand that is out there so grow pulses?

Hahaha.

Stop funding the check offs and start a fund for boots on the ground marketers for us in these countries. Fund a lobby to our government to have trade deals that restrict 50% tariffs etc. Develope a program of providing food as aid instead of money to many countries we are already sending money to. Then we ll live and die by demand and supply. But not in this one sided corrupt bullshit that has been going on here for ever.

Comment

Closed loop production systems can't be compared to agriculture production.....weather doesn't impact production of fertilizer.....

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Why do I get the impression that some of these responders didn't read ( or at least comprehend) what I wrote.
              Because they're not that bright lol?

Comment

People that say agriculture is no different than any other business are... Wow.

1. Most countries value food security something Canadians don't even understand the concept of considering a tiny population and a huge food base.

2. Agriculture is one of the few industries that gives paper money value. It is incredibly important to make the fractional reserve system work - ag forestry mining and oil extraction.

3. Because of point 1 agriculture is one of the most subsidized industries in the world. Also because of 1 Canadian farmers don't seem to get that and beat their chests about being independent business all the while buying inputs from near monopolies and having near monopolies in charge of buying and exporting their production.... Competing with each other to sell for the lowest price...

It really is a strange world we live in

Comment

Most of you on here are suffering from the Flip Wilson syndrome. THE DEVEL MADE ME DO IT. If its not you who the he'll is it, target yields, max impute, and of course sask3s theory on everything he doesn't like, the liberals did it. All of you that wanted free marked shut the **** up and don't blame the rest of society for your greed.

Comment

Nothing cures high prices like high prices
                    Nothing cures low prices like low prices

Let the bottom pickers pick sea buckthorn berries

Comment

Thanks Klause....well put.

Comment

Horse

This isn't a free market....slapping on an import tariff is protectionism....

No sense saying we have to compete globally when the rules change regularly....
                        Last edited by bucket; Nov 23, 2017, 11:36.

Comment

Klause..... farming is hardly like most other businesses....And those who think it is are somewhat delusional.

Stop growing food and let the whole industry fall flat on it's face.....

If you want to see chaos and disorder like never before.... short the world of food, and when the only people that can eat are the rich and elite..... watch the chaos and disorder ensue.

I think the world powers know this

Comment

Need a CPB

Comment

I haven't seen an intentional quarter of summerfallow since idk when. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                I wonder the same thing , would it not be a good fit into the green climate change agenda ? It’s like bio fuel in Canada has been swept under the rug , when the Liberals should be endorsing it .
                                except it has nothing to do with climate change , none of trudeaus buddies can make any money off it . and don't forget this whole charade is about reducing economic power in the west , it's just that simple . first oilpatch , then Ag . I guess Alta and sask had got to big for their britches..... they aren't going to use biofuel because it might help Ag in the west

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...