• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't even write a cheque properly?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't even write a cheque properly?

So our federal government doesn't even have the ability to write paycheques for employees properly? And it's going to take years and millions to fix. Doesn't that just about say it all about the way things are?

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    So our federal government doesn't even have the ability to write paycheques for employees properly? And it's going to take years and millions to fix. Doesn't that just about say it all about the way things are?
    Don't know how to fix a relatively simple computer program for government salaries, but consider themselves capable of not only knowing the future of climate for all of planet earth, but also exactly how to control it. Confidence inspiring isn't it.

Comment

Goodale has stated that at least 60 ISIS terrorists have returned to Canada.

Goodale and Trudeau have decided not to prosecute any of these terrorists.......I'm sure the government will counsel them well and no terrorism will occur. 👎

Comment

It's only treason if you don't hold the pen that writes the laws ....
        Last edited by macdon02; Nov 22, 2017, 00:02.

Comment

CDN Revenue dept slammed by AG, wait times too long or impossible to contact call center, and when reached, often giving wrong information. So what does the govt do, hire 1400 more staff, that has done nothing. dumb fu%ks, why not simplify the tax code? by the way if you ever call CRA for advice record the call. you might need it if ever audited.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            Goodale has stated that at least 60 ISIS terrorists have returned to Canada.

Goodale and Trudeau have decided not to prosecute any of these terrorists.......I'm sure the government will counsel them well and no terrorism will occur. 👎
            Importing terrorists - how novel an idea!

Comment

I bet they get their checks on time. One got 10.5 million in a matter of days.

Comment

Is the program really that hard to fix.... and why so costly? Because government(read: taxpayer) is paying?

Comment

It is my understanding that payroll was done in house by the federal government until Harper laid off a lot of payroll administration staff. Harper contracted IBM to develop a new payroll system which is called phoenix. The Liberals are responsible for it now, but its been an expensive disaster from the start. Someone should ask Harper what was wrong with the former in house system and why they chose IBM to develop a new system?

Comment

Yep chuck i was waiting for your typical liberal reply it was all Harpers fault. ITs two years brain damage has been in charge its your boys problem not any one else.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      It is my understanding that payroll was done in house by the federal government until Harper laid off a lot of payroll administration staff. Harper contracted IBM to develop a new payroll system which is called phoenix. The Liberals are responsible for it now, but its been an expensive disaster from the start. Someone should ask Harper what was wrong with the former in house system and why they chose IBM to develop a new system?

Harper, good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        Yep chuck i was waiting for your typical liberal reply it was all Harpers fault. ITs two years brain damage has been in charge its your boys problem not any one else.
                        Since you think of yourself as so smart what is the solution?

Trudeau didn't make the original decision to go with phoenix. Why are you avoiding the question of why Harper chose IBM and Phoenix? Was there a good reason?

Comment

cc.

Are you saying that governments can't cancel systems with flaws? You know, like Canadian gun registration system. Your first loss is always your smallest. It doesn't take two years of government, unless it's Just in Trouble's to execute it.

A warning sign would have been the system's name. You just knew it would end in ashes!

Comment

Cancelling it might be the best option.

I read that they cut corners on training for the new system and tried to implement it before they were ready. The Liberals seem unable to figure this out and the Conservatives blame may be in bringing in a new untried system.

The auditor general also said there are lots of problems at the CRA as well. There have been lots of retirements, layoffs and changes in the last few years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.