• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xplornet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xplornet

We are always over on our monthly data use, we don't have Netflix but do have 4 phones that run off it when there in the house. Notification tonite that we are over and we are only 15 days into our billing cycle.
    Thanksgiving weekend we only lasted 4 days and we were over! We are in the country so the chance of someone steeling data is nil.
    Anyone have any ideas on what could be going on?

I'm assuming you can't get Sktel Fusion?

Cellphone data packages might be better but expensive.

My goodness, we went from dail-up to WBBI(wireless broad band internet) to Fusion....an improvement everytime. We skipped the Xplorenet and never heard a good thing about it.

BUT...Fusion isn't seamless either.....we lose connection for short periods of time....annoying!

Comment

Xplornet is the trudeau of Internet providers.

Comment

Need a bigger plan.
        We never come close to our limit.

Comment

What's the speed like during peak periods? Even if you get a.bigger plan....what good does it do when you want to use the service and its congested?

This is likely a conversation you won't hear in Regina or Saskatoon.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 21, 2017, 21:11.

Comment

Fusion charges if you go over 90 gbytes and then it gets stupid....

Comment

Company we're with runs 10Mbps down, 1up, 250gb/month with no overage charges for $65/month. Once you hit your 250, they throttle you back to 1Mbps or less... not really sure how that compares, but we use the shit outta it and never hit 250.

If you have a decent data transfer limit and you're still hitting it there's a chance one of your devices is bugged...

Comment

Here is what happened with data usage and Sasktel. They play this game too. They have an ap that you install on your phone to monitor your data. Sasktel sent me notification that I was over my data limit. i couldn't believe it because I had never used up my data in five years, so I took my phone to Jump. They installed the "My Sasktel" ap which monitors your data use and I hadn't used a quarter of my data. I went directly to the Sasktel service office. They said, "you are probably are over in your data" so I said, "show me". The answer was, "we can't find the tool to show you right, they moved it", I said, "look, I have seen your face here for about 20 years, so if you don't know, who does". I went back and they had zeroed my usage, I guess by accident.

Comment

What's your data limit for starters?

Comment

Originally posted by dfarms11 View Post
                    What's your data limit for starters?

I think 1 gb.

Comment

We are supposed to have 100.
                      I'm not sure what this means but the installation guy said it would be like watching 50 movies on Netflix .
                      Like I mentioned earlier we don't even have Netflix but it seemed like that should be enough data .
                      What company offers 250?
                      We talked to Sasktel and they didn't cover our area so we are basically left with xplornet as our only option

Comment

What's cell coverage like where you are?

Comment

It's fairly decent coverage.

Comment

We have tried them all. Went from explornet to the sask tel cell stick. Both too limited with data. We went with Yourlink a couple years ago. It off a local tower they put up. They actually are explornet owned now but with no dish. Very happy with it. Unlimited data.

Comment

Heads up for old Yourlink customers. If you switch to any new plan offered by Explornet you likely loose unlimited data. Check first

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...