• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many seed companies do you buy from?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many seed companies do you buy from?

Seems with soybeans, we have more seed companies fighting for the business.

How many companies do you buy from and how do you chose varieties?

Relationships and knowledge are important to us. And prices.

How important is test plot data?

Very wary of test plots. I d like them to do 2 test plots within 4 or 5 miles of each other and if the same varieties lead all the time there might be something to consider. But this way sometimes w eve all seen human error seeding or one plot is a foot lower or higher so really what does that prove.

Like to hear what other farmers say in forums such as these much more.

Comment

All good to grow soybeans until you find out the elevators test for protein and oil content.....limits who to sell to....

Comment

Can't question test plots. That's all scientific data collected by scientist's.

Beyond question.

MScAg's and BScAg's hired by seed companies to scientifically prove beyond a doubt that their varieties are clearly the ones to spend your money on.

Comment

Hahaha well maybe investment in a surveillance unit at these sites is waranted then because for some unknown reason the companies that sponsor the trials always seem to have the best results. Hahaha

Comment

SeedCos?.....

RR1 soybeans
            Brown Bag canola
            Triffid flax for clean fields
            Neighbor's wheat, durum, barley
            Royalty free pulses (thanks Sask Pulse)

Bin run so I don't run out of money.

Comment

No one bothers to do test plots anywhere near me, on the edge of the known world, so I don't put a lot of faith in them. Varieties that work great 30 miles east of me are a disaster here, and vice versa. I buy from whoever has the best price. I regularly plant three different brands and 5 or more varieties of canola, and two or more of each wheat and barley, to find out what works best here year in and year out, since what works great on a wet year doesn't work on a dry year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.