• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Agriculture Implements Act

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Agriculture Implements Act

Anyone ever use it or thought you should have but didn't?

Component quality issues, durability, engineering problems, poor percormance?

Once on a combine break down. It was on a brand new machine and repair took 3 months to get it repaired.

Comment

I looked into it once. In 2005 we bought a demo 7650 spray coupe. It had major electrical gremlins. Anyway you only have something like 7 days to reject a piece of equipment. Don't know many people who buy a piece that close to " go time". In many ways the act isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Anyway, the dealer stepped up and I have great respect for Markussons they are a great dealer.

Comment

Isn't there a clause about "first day of use" or an allowance for buying out of season?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          You not liking those mrb on the paralink ??

Bourgault paralinks with mrb for sale !
          Nope, something a lot less minor but annoying(not drill related). Funny an uneducated farmer can see the problem but the sales people or the manufacturing company rep, engineers and bean counters don't want to acknowledge or admit the potential issue!

Comment

You not liking those mrb on the paralink ??

Bourgault paralinks with mrb for sale !
            Maintenance row banders

Comment

Who administers and inforces act? Rcmp?

Comment

Farma ? Whats givin trouble ?
                Honestly.....too trivial to post, but after farming for almost as much time as some people's careers....and having the yearly fruits of my labour picked to pieces on the grading table.....I get a little crusty when I'm presented with a implement or machine that is of poor quality, poor design, cheaping out, you name it....but we're supposed to just accept it.....there can be a "take it or leave it attitude" toward farmers.

"Thanks a Billion".....there's your clue!

Apparently, the uneducated but experienced have no "foresight" or useful "practical" thought. I guess everyone needs a dergree or ring to be taken serious.

Book smart...practically stupid!

I don't intend on pursuing the issue through the act. It's trivial but it's the principle of the matter.

Wmoebis...please google "Agriculture Implement Act". Its about 32 pages of dry reading! Skim through to find the parts of interest.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 20, 2017, 20:13.

Comment

There is so many products that are poorly made. At my age this seems to really get to me, why do I have to constantly replace items that fail what I consider prematurely.
                  The smart people that allow these inferior products to be sold should be held accountable to deter the manufacturer from products that don't perform or last. How much pollution is created by manufacturing products that don't last and need to be replaced constantly? My house is 15 years old and I'm on my 3rd water heater for example. I don't have time to add to this list but it would be a long one if I could afford the time. If the environment was actually the priority over profit when manufacturing our landfills would be a lot smaller. The dollar stores are some of the biggest polluters in my eyes, my old cast iron frying pan will last forever but the garbage no-stick crap they allow to sell don't make 3 months. Things are not aligned

Comment

I cannot stand the smell in a Princess Auto store.....I refuse to buy "their" brand of tools. Look where most of those items are made....ever see the air quality in their country of origin? Man it stinks in there...got to wonder if working in that odor all day is safe?

BOURG MRB III....We did the upgrade from bushings to needle bearings. New pins and "8", read it...eight needle bearings per opener. The MRB's are a "compact" paralink design as well...we don't farm alot of land so they will likely last longer than some other farmer's. They look pretty rugged compared to the earlier series. Bourg thinks its an improvement based on the wear properties of their disc drill opener configuration....time will tell. One thing I can tell you is that if it had to be done again....instead of them supplying the parts and us doing the labour....I would pay for the parts and they install them(big job)....better yet they do both, the way it should be!

Comment

By simply purchasing the machine or equipment. ....does that mean you accept it the way it is, or is there an expectation of functionally and quality and the duty of the manufacturer that the product is such (within reason).

Ever buy a brand new model anything? I've told sales people I don't want one in my yard for three years after release/"debut". We are generally a one machine operation and can't afford to "field test" their products because the new models were brought to market a season or two too early! When our "one" combine goes down....harvest stops. Same with any other season's equipment.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 21, 2017, 06:53.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...