• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Wheat Varieties by FP Genetics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wheat Varieties by FP Genetics

Chas Lambert, Territory Manager at FP Genetics tells us about two new wheat varieties for the 2018 lineup. CDC Landmark VB is the first midge tolerant wheat that is ultra high yielding, semi-dwarf, and protects against fusarium head blight. AAC Viewfield is the shortest CWRS and stands

FP genetics is good at advertising but advertising a variety as great doesn't always mean it is a great variety.

Their new variety's look decent and might be worth a try.

Comment

It looked good at AIM.

Comment

How did the yield compare between Landmark and Brandon?
        Last edited by Oliver88; Nov 18, 2017, 08:41.

Comment

I like the idea of short strong straw that they say Viewfield has but on their website they say it is suited to southern and central areas. In the seed guide its days to mature is about the same as the rest.

Comment

Both were stellar on this farm this year. 9 to 10 bushels better than Brandon and almost a full point higher on the protein. Landmark was a tad better but basically neck and neck. I still have some questions around how Landmark is going to stand but you pretty well can throw the kitchen sink at viewfield and it won't lodge. We will see how year 2 goes.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
              Both were stellar on this farm this year. 9 to 10 bushels better than Brandon and almost a full point higher on the protein. Landmark was a tad better but basically neck and neck. I still have some questions around how Landmark is going to stand but you pretty well can throw the kitchen sink at viewfield and it won't lodge. We will see how year 2 goes.
              How close were they in maturity?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...