• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	777794

Well lets start with peas and India.

All line companies are scrambling and no bids are available for peas. Last year at this time or maybe Dec i had a price locked in for 50% of my pea crop for 2017 growing season. This year hell i bet even in Jan at the Saskatoon Farm show we won't see pea bids and if we do they will be in the $5.00 a bushel range maybe lower maybe higher. Sad but this is what shit happened before in Ag and it will continue. If a country that buys wants a cheaper price they play games. You can challenge them all you want its about them getting product that they need cheaper than we want to sell it. China plays this always with Canola, Egypt on Wheat with Ergot. Its a game.
    Who looses out its you Joe Farmer.

Yesterday I received a Email buyer searching for yellow peas 70000 bushels at $6.00 my fall price was 8.25 Thats a drop of over a $100000 dollars in the farmers pocket.

Those who say AG is flush with cash yea tell that to a guy who didn't sell in fall off the combine and is sitting on bins of peas. You loose out on a few deals like this and guess what your eating up cash like nothing.

Then we have Russia and wanting world wheat market all to themselves well they are playing with freight watch them let the Army run the trains just like the USA uses the Army to maintain the Mississippi river system its not a subsidy its just business. Not saying thats how Russia will do it but I am thinking something is up and were getting beat at our own game.

Then you have boy blunder pushing his personal UN views on other countries during trade missions and visits. Keep working for your people at home Mr PM and forget about some UN Bullshit.

Third thing this week is Equipment and our bullshit Pollution shit on Tractors vs Tractors going to other places that have none of this shit on because their construes maybe talk about climate change and do nothing because they realize it will kill their economy. Just check out other places and you will see that North American Manufactures are shipping new equipment to these places for way less money than we pay and they are basic brand new tractors etc with none of the bullshit on. Funny at the farm show now that Versatile has to add the Carbon emissions engines they are the same price as Deere NH or Case.

Yea were getting it with all this shit and losing our competitive advantage in the world.

Oh again to the guys who feel Ag is so flush with cash here is another US Report but oh Canada is so different were so special that the increase in Land Equipment and Inputs can't effect us.

Fewer but Bigger Farm Bankruptcies
    Fewer farms in North America means fewer bankruptcies. But when farms do go under today, the stakes are typically higher, says a story from Syngenta. .
    “They are larger, the amount of debt is greater; the fact that we’re not seeing a higher number doesn’t mean there isn’t considerable distress out there,” said Todd Langel, a lawyer with Faegre Baker Daniels in Des Moines, Iowa.
    Speaking at the Grain World conference in Winnipeg on Wednesday, Langel said the factors causing insolvencies on most farms these days are generally tied to low commodity prices and a lack of knowledge about how to deal with shrinking margins.

Oh one more tid bit before the end of the week.

USA and Canada Soy Crop is lower in Protein, Canadian is always lower in general but this year its a lot lower. Fall purchases by grain companies are not moving as they realize this now. Next year they will change from just buying to adding discounts watch.

SO for a positive to end the week the Riders won last week and are playing in East Semi Final. Go Riders.

Vegas was Fun.

Have a safe productive week.

Add please if their is something that I missed this week or should of added.

there isn't a farmer on here over the age of 50 that doesn't KNOW that the shit is gonna hit the fan real quick and real hard very soon . these down cycles are what they use to keep farmers in line . otherwise they would gain to much power . same as they do. in the oilpatch . wished I had a dollar for every roughneck that told me the down cycles were a thing of the past . one in particular that stuck in my mind was a roughneck 22 years old , with a new house , sled , truck , quad and fifth wheel , all new ! he owed over a million dollars at 22. I told him it was not do-able . he told me I was old and out of touch and that the oilpatch would never fall again . I suppose he is working at macdonalds now

Comment

Yea it seems those over 50 with kids wanting to start forgot about the fun years and those under 50’farming in their own think life’s a dream and we’re a mean farm machine.

Guys I’m not calling or hopeing for a correction but their are signs that I remember from the 70 and 80s and 90s that are showing up again.

Learn your farming history games are played over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        Yea it seems those over 50 with kids wanting to start forgot about the fun years and those under 50’farming in their own think life’s a dream and we’re a mean farm machine.

Guys I’m not calling or hopeing for a correction but their are signs that I remember from the 70 and 80s and 90s that are showing up again.

Learn your farming history games are played over and over.
        Sask I sent you a private message, if you get a chance and know the price tag let me know k..

Comment

Originally posted by dykercaseih View Post
          Sask I sent you a private message, if you get a chance and know the price tag let me know k..
          Was asking about the horsch not the canola. That was a 6 month old question

Comment

sorry i looked at the messages and then typed pushed send and realized it was a old message.

It would be in the 345000 range depending on what you had for fert liquid tank etc and you would pull with a bigger mechanical no need for 610 hp four wheel drives.

But a floater would be needed for nitrogen or go back to banding in fall or maybe adapt the kelly to blow on fert in fall.

Thinking about something different because if one guy just seeded the canola and the other drill did the wheat oats barley peas, savings on the seed would be huge. even at 3 lbs. The $150,000.00 savings on seed alone makes me wonder.

Savings on dropping one smaller 3320 and one tractor for smaller mechanical also has a savings.

Just floating ideas some thing has to be done to get us all more lean.

Comment

No you don't need additional liquid fert with that machine, it has a built in 1000 gallon liquid that I could run my Kugler 624... That is the beauty of it, not pulling extra pieces to compact the shi t out of things.. Last year behind my 7950 my liquid caddy gave me crazy compaction issues.. Almost embarrassed how bad it was...
              I am already going to floating on all my elemental sufur, pot, phos and humic with a big spreader wagon.. Just makes sense to me.. I probably lost half mill bucks last year to compaction, this machine really interests me even before the savings it can offer in seed cost.

Comment

How does floating on pot and phos turn out?

(Have never tried that)

Comment

i agree it has something that i think will work for our farm. Were doing more research on it. Their is that expensive other lime green machine but that didn't catch my eye as much as this one.

Repair is easy drive in shop unfold and lower to a point sit on stool and change discs etc from sitting position. Thats also nice. they figured a good three years between repairs.

Im thinking also use the front liquid tank plus either band in fall with anhydrous or float and use liquid as starter.

Again times are changing may as well look far forward instead of backwards.

Comment

Name:	IMG_2726.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	766076

Name:	IMG_2727.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	766077

Liquid is put down in-front if i remember correct.

Comment

I put on my nitrogen with nh3 so that will never change, but I can float in front of that application all my phos and sufur every 2 to 4 years to super size those macros.. Then run starter ortho phos (624) through drill in seed row to get that instant quick jump with no compaction.. For me the seed savings would just be an addes bonus on top of a bonus.. With this machine you don't even need an additional liquid caddy which is very nice and easy for farmers to move to a liquid ortho scenario with ease...
                      This past year all my phos went on as 624 and folair and never really ate into my levels much.. Still every 3 to 4 years supersizing things would work really nice with this system.. Anyway when I saw your pics I knew you were thinking the exact same thing I was. I am done with mid row banders and all that crap, endless issues and not too mention costly to pull and fix!

Comment

Thats the thing what we use is a huge heavy drill, lots of HP needed, Diesel burnt and more money than this.

Comment

We were sure impressed with our Horsch
                          Really don’t see a need to go over 2.1 lbs with 5 to 6 gram seed.
                          Tried at 1 lb , 1.5 and 2.1 lbs per acre .

After 4 side by sides with our drill , BG 8910 , yield was virtually the same.
                          Maturity was 4-5 days earlier with the Horsch in all side by sides all year.
                          Canola established very fast and the cotyledons were much larger.
                          Kugler 624 of Alpine G22 works great
                          Love the independent row shut off and built in sectional for the liquid phos .
                          Added liquid innoculant to the liquid phos for the soybeans . You have 4-5 hrs to seed that out , not an issue though .
                          Soybean yields were higher with the planter at 170,000 seeds / ac
                          Need 300 hp or so to seed at 7.5 to 8.5 mph .
                          We were averaging 35-40 ac / hr .
                          Emergence was perfect from 6 to 8.5 mph.

If using a FWA , make sure lots of front weights .
                          If anyone has any questions fire away ..

Comment

We put all our N down with the sprayer with stream nozzles . Nice to utilize the sectional control on the sprayer for that .
                            Put on 60 lbs before seeding and 40 to 60 after weed control depending on pea stubble or wheat stubble . Put liquid sulfur down with round up at pre burn .
                            Zero tire compaction issues in wet areas .

Comment

Furrow, How do they work in stones? Are they independent trip?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...