• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wetter then you Furrow so would still need to do a pass with nh3 unit then a Kelly pass then seed. But if I was dry like you I think your approach is perfect.
    This is the tool that makes so much sense to me for savings and to take the next step again.. I have a 76s foot BGs and every pass your sacrificing 25 feet in the middle as we are always so wet. Add my liquid cart behind and I had foot ruts and getting stuck issues the first 3 days of seeding..
    This thing checks everything for me in regards to small seeds and maybe even bigger seeds..
    So you actually went 8.5 mph with it? 1000 gallon kugler tank putting on 4.5 gallons or even 6, it would be nothing to come up to it with a 3200 gallon chaser tank and blow in 1000 gallons and off you go!

I never made it to red deer but planned to really look into it at Saskatoon show..

Comment

4GFarms - yes independent trip
      Yes we did try 8 plus mph , but the FWA 8310 JD we had did not have enough weight up front and would start to bounce over 7.5. Actually did not like that tractor at all .
      We did a speed trial at 2.1 lbs / ac .
      One pass at 6 mph , 7 and 8 . There was zero difference in seeding accuracy , establishment or yield .
      We toured a field with Horsch a year ago in South Dakota where the farmer seeded at 11 mph . Establishment was near perfect .
      My brother ran the drill and as long as you had 5 gram or larger seed the seed rate stayed near perfect up to the 8.5 mph.
      The rates would only fluctuate if the seed size was smaller , below 5 or if the seed had dusty seed treatment. We had a bag of Syngenta canola that was awful dusty and the seed rate was all over the map.
      The monitor was excellent to read the rate of each row . A nice polished seed treatment on 5 gram or larger seed was near perfect on the monitor at all speeds.
      Stay away from any dusty or small tkw seed lots.

We did a N fert trial this fall , one on 160 ac pea stubble and one on 320 ac wheat stubble .
      On the pea stubble we did 50 ac of NH3 , 60 ac liquid N with stream nozzles , and 50 ac of Super U floated on , then ran the Gates coulter harrow over all of it .
      On the wheat stubble we did 100 ac liquid N , 50 ac NH3 with an N stabilizer and 50 ac without , and 100 ac of super U floated on ... and ran the coulter harrow over that as well.
      We used a liquid N stabilizer with all the 28-0-0 called Contain from Ag Explore .
      The N stabilizer with the 28 by far the cheapest, followed by the NH3 with Stabilizer and the most expensive was the super U .
      We matched the N rates all the same .
      Basically want to see what works best for us . Using our own sprayer would be best if the numbers are there next fall. NH3 works but it’s slow and the N stabilizer is 3x the liquid N stabilizer cost.
      Super U is very expensive and there is the extra cost of getting it floated on.
      Time will tell I guess, I will do a tissue test at full cabbage to see what’s happening between the treatments.

Comment

I think if you have a lot of rock it may not be the ideal machine . Or simply just slow down over rocky areas or ridges .
        You can also adjust the down pressure on the go if need be.
        We did have a few issues but Horsch has been good to deal with them so far.
        We do not have the trash cleaners on ours . If you are gong to zero till or even just light harrow the would be recommended.
        It was not an issue for us , the Gates coulter harrow worked just fine for trash control the fall before.

Comment

[URL="https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=303844"]I'm waiting for somebody to import one of these and go It's the new thing it's awesome. LOL.[/URL]

Comment

Import what?

Comment

Originally posted by dykercaseih View Post
              Import what?
              Click on my sentence above... or here:
              [URL="https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=303844"]https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=303844[/URL]

Or this one.

[URL="https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=369090"]https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=369090[/URL]

Comment

Good info thanks furrow. This machine has a place on half the farm like I said earlier. Keep one drill sell one and maybe downsize a four wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  Third thing this week is Equipment and our bullshit Pollution shit on Tractors vs Tractors going to other places that have none of this shit on because their construes maybe talk about climate change and do nothing because they realize it will kill their economy. Just check out other places and you will see that North American Manufactures are shipping new equipment to these places for way less money than we pay and they are basic brand new tractors etc with none of the bullshit on. Funny at the farm show now that Versatile has to add the Carbon emissions engines they are the same price as Deere NH or Case.
                  Just to clarify a common misconception, the emissions systems are entirely aimed at removing actual particulate pollutants, nothing to do with capturing life giving CO2, unless of course your tractor has a tree growing inside the giant muffler?

Yes, the emissions systems are adding huge costs, complexity, and lack of reliability to modern diesels, but at least they are removing known carcinogens, and while completely irrelevant to an isolated tractor in the country, in heavy city traffic, the diesel exhaust is a large component of the smog.

Comment

Most of those carcinogens could be eliminated with bio diesel .... without all this b/S we deal with now

Comment

Alberta when a new sprayer in Argentina is $175000 us and a new one in canada is $400000 US were not even on the same page any more. Plus they get two crops in a year and in Canada its one. I still cant grow winter barley in snow.

JT new tax will screw us even more and make us way less competitive.

Comment

Interesting Klause, thanks for posting.

No question planters, singulation, etc will be the next step forward for western Canadian farmers. I hope our local manufactures get up to speed quick and competitive. I’m not going to be the early adapter on off shore equipment (monitors, parts, support etc). With the currency differential maybe with will never be competitive?

Dyker put your Humic with the fert., 100x more effective

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          Alberta when a new sprayer in Argentina is $175000 us and a new one in canada is $400000 US were not even on the same page any more. Plus they get two crops in a year and in Canada its one. I still cant grow winter barley in snow.

JT new tax will screw us even more and make us way less competitive.
                          I expect there are afew other differences to make that big a price difference, perhaps try specing out a new sprayer with less cup holders/beverage coolers, no leather seat.

Comment

For a new sprayer here at $400,000 , there will be few options on that .
                            For the cup holders and beverage cooler with a 1200 gal tank and 120 ft that would be closer to $600,000
                            The $400,000 will be the basic

Comment

Furrow, approximately how many hp per ft? If I try a planter for canola I want to get something small enough my 210hp mfwd will work. Then if I am convinced it has a fit, I will size up the outfit to meet my entire needs. We have quite a few hills so we would need to account for that.

Comment

LEP
                                You should be fine at around 6 mph .
                                you will need a good 40 gal hydraulics or better regardless of hp .
                                It’s needed for steady down pressure .
                                To go 7.5 to 8 plus you need 300 plus hp

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.