• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nitrogen fertilizer prices are averaging LOWER now than in any time since Sept. 2008.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrogen fertilizer prices are averaging LOWER now than in any time since Sept. 2008.

Nitrogen fertilizer prices are averaging lower now than in any time since Sept. 2008, says farmdocDAILY. These lower prices could translate into roughly a US$10/acre saving in nitrogen fertilizer for the coming 2018 production year. Further savings may be possible for those farms who are applying above recommended nitrogen rates and are willing to cut fertilizer application rates.
    Average anhydrous ammonia prices in Illinois are reported approximately twice a month in the [URL="https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/gx_gr210.txt"]Illinois Production Cost Report[/URL], a publication of the Agricultural Marketing Service, an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In the November 10th report, the anhydrous ammonia price was reported at an average of $405 per ton, with an offer range from $343 per ton up to $440 per ton. Anhydrous ammonia prices have averaged $404 per ton during the months of September, October, and November of 2017.
    The $404 per ton average in 2017 is considerably lower than fall prices in recent years. AMS has been reporting anhydrous ammonia prices since 2008 (see Figure 1). During the months of September, October, and November, average anhydrous ammonia prices contained in the Illinois Production Cost Report are:
    2008: $1,134 per ton,
    2009: $430 per ton,
    2010: $683 per ton,
    2011: $846 per ton,
    2012: $848 per ton,
    2013: $683 per ton,
    2014: $719 per ton,
    2015: $656 per ton,
    2016: $504 per ton, and
    2017: $404 per ton.
    Wonder what Canadian Dealers are telling us.

Its going up buy buy BYE FARMERS.

Taking delivery of our 46-0-0 yesterday and today.... coming up from St. Paul Minnesota, 23-24 tonne loads.

We live in a strange world where governments want to save the planet by taxing carbon yet I live 70 miles from Belle Plaine Yara Fert plant and my fertilizer was likely barged up the Mississippi(coming from God knows where) and trucked nearly 1300 kms the rest of the way from St.Paul to the farm? How could this ever make sense to anyone with common sense?

Comment

What supply and demand factor changed from the summer specials on Nitrogen fertilizer compared to fall and early winter pricing? Its ****ing gouging.... and the next round of increases will be for those guys who will tax buy theirs and not need it til spring!

Comment

Grow more make less and make it up on volume? ????

Fertilizer will trend lower because corn growers are not going to push the groceries to a crop that isn't worth sfa.....basically they are maintaining their soils....

There is no outlet for peas lentils and the royal ****ing on cereals is disgraceful. ....canola might be a good bet but rising acres because of the other forementioned factors could put it in the shitter too....

2018. Very interesting year coming...

Comment

Abundant domestic supply has nothing to do with pricing..... pricing is purely seasonal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so ****ing tired of this game and "deadlines". **** off already!

Comment

Farmaholic....relax....when I was a kid there were starving kids shown on unicef ads and constant banter that we couldn't feed the world....

Well there are still starving kids and we have increased production....buy it's sitting in our bins instead of feeding the world....

35 years of listening to the same bullshit and the year just keeps moving as to when we would be rewarded. ....when I was a kid it was by 2020 we would have to be growing more and it would be good for ag producers .....now the end game is 2050....just another generation falling for the same line....

Comment

Got a message on my phone to urgently call back the fertilizer dealer. Im in the airport for Christ sakes.

Its a F#K$ing game and it sucks.

Comment

Urea $310/MT USD in Minneapolis, MAP $440.

Comment

Originally posted by FertaCloud View Post
                  Urea $310/MT USD in Minneapolis, MAP $440.
                  That Urea price is around $436 CDN.
                  Which ever way you look at we are getting you know what.

Comment

I wish I was lying.... but the Driver of the last load we just unloaded says he is headed to Belle Plaine to take a load of Urea to North Dakota.

All I ever hear is how tight the fertilizer margins are....

Comment

Minneapolis urea down $5/mt to $305/MT USD

Comment

jumped $8/ tonne in our area yesterday...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...