• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda engine in cold weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda engine in cold weather

Honda gx 690 auger engine runs good in warm temperatures but when temperatures dips and its working under load it begins to backfire and run terrible, shut the clutch off so there is no load and idle it down it idles perfect. Its not the fuel. Anyone else had this problem with Honda engines in cold weather?

Icing?

Comment

Do you have the cold weather kit that draws intake air past the exhaust?

Comment

I wasn't aware there was a cold weather kit available . That could be what's missing because I can't figure out what's going on. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Comment

The intake air temperature sensor must be covered with dust or oil. They are about $19 at Canadian Tire or Partsource-try that.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
            I wasn't aware there was a cold weather kit available . That could be what's missing because I can't figure out what's going on. I'll look into that. Thanks!
            https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=20062

I've seen them on lots of the older v twins. Someone must make one for the new gx's.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...