• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you talkin bout willis?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you talkin bout willis?

Omni i trax filing nafta claim because federal government ended wheat subsidies? So they can't fix manitoba line? What wheat subsidies are they talking wheat morg? Wheat movement ended but no subsidy. Hahahahaha my God.
    Last edited by the big wheel; Nov 14, 2017, 14:42.

They're dreamin in technicolor. No wheat subsidies.

OmniTrax made a tactical mistake hiring Merv Tweed as President. They mistakenly thought he could wrangle govt funds as he had been a Harper Consevative. Not so though as Harper had basically blacklisted him.

Tweed was our MP and was totally useless. His career is going the same direction as OmniTrax rails . . . Nowhere.

Comment

You gotta admire the play on this blaming the loss of the cwb on the viability of the line....

They railed grain both ways from Churchill at farmers expense.....

Comment

Caseih that's more your neck of the woods for grain movement. Was it actually cheaper that way?
        Maybe there is a missing opportunity here

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          They're dreamin in technicolor. No wheat subsidies.

OmniTrax made a tactical mistake hiring Merv Tweed as President. They mistakenly thought he could wrangle govt funds as he had been a Harper Consevative. Not so though as Harper had basically blacklisted him.

Tweed was our MP and was totally useless. His career is going the same direction as OmniTrax rails . . . Nowhere.
          I believe Harper gave them 40 mil that they were supposed to match to upgrade track. Omni Trax never put in there share so Harper left them wuth 40 mil and walked away from the people of Churchill. After he had promised them with or without CWB he would ensure viability of port.

CPC now says it's not their fault Omni Trax didn't keep up to their side of contract. Sounds like a Con Contract.

Comment

Omni trax, a multi billion dollar company looking for the average joe tax payer to subsidize their company. F%ck off already.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              Caseih that's more your neck of the woods for grain movement. Was it actually cheaper that way?
              Damn right it could be an opportunity. Feds should just take the line back and tell omni to F off. How rail lines becomes private is beyond me. Add a shit load of storage there and with some good planning and around the clock loading a lot of grain could get moved in summer months. Could also import fert from around the world and bypass the bullshit Nola plus freight costs. Have a big fert storage facility in ne sk. All possible with some infrastructure investment. Open up the damn rails to competition. Maybe a farmer coop start up would be possible.
              Ah **** I must be drinking. All a pipe dream in Canada.

Comment

Probably going to be determined by how the original deal was made to purchase and then all the money given by Harper did he just hand it over without conditions?
                But it is a point that they bought it expecting the grain movement to continue. And getting rid of the morg did change that which Harper did. It could get interesting especially since he was a mp and cpc.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  yes it was used lots here . I think we were getting an extra $20-30 /tonne by keeping it later in the year and sending it through Churchill. could be wrong , but I think we are only 550 miles from it ?

Comment

Wow that's no chump change why everyone there so quiet then?

Not to mention it would help unclog things more south also.

Comment

Uh ....blinded by ideology might be keeping a few quiet on this file. ...cheapest port to haul to ....storage and some good management would make it viable....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...