• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheryl Gallant Was The Only MP To Vote Against Paris Agreement Motion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheryl Gallant Was The Only MP To Vote Against Paris Agreement Motion

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/07/cheryl-gallant-paris-agreement_n_16988700.html

Parliamentarians voted overwhelmingly in favour to reaffirm Canada’s continued commitment to the Paris climate agreement — except for one Conservative MP.

Cheryl Gallant cast the lone “nay” in the 277-1 vote on the government motion Tuesday.

The motion to gauge the House’s commitment to implementing the agreement was introduced by Government House Leader Bardish Chagger after the U.S. announced it was pulling out of the landmark climate accord last week.

Gallant charged that the government’s motion to renew Canada’s commitment to the Paris agreement and its intention to bring in a carbon tax are “not based on fact.”

The comment prompted a remark by Environment Minister Catherine McKenna, who was seemingly baffled by Gallant’s belated critique.

“I am a bit confused. The Paris agreement was actually negotiated with 195 countries around the world in 2015,” McKenna said.

Gallant did not respond to HuffPost Canada’s request for comment before publication.

So why did all the Conservative MPs except 1 vote to support the Paris accord last June?
    This would indicate there is little support for denying climate change. And that most of the opinions here on Agriville have had little influence in the mainstream.

Comment

Really disappointed in the Conservatives. The leader could have chosen to opt out of the silly climate accord and showed some leadership but didn't. There is no hope for Canuckistan. Locally here we have set 4 new record lows for early November, so much for global warming. Mind you for some reason the records only go back 35 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        Really disappointed in the Conservatives. The leader could have chosen to opt out of the silly climate accord and showed some leadership but didn't. There is no hope for Canuckistan. Locally here we have set 4 new record lows for early November, so much for global warming. Mind you for some reason the records only go back 35 years.
        Yep weather can vary a lot from year to year. Last November we set numerous warm temperature records in November. One month or year in one location or one country does not change the long term trends that indicate global warming trends. There will still be variability in weather.
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 10, 2017, 09:40.

Comment

Chuck if you really live in Canada especially saskatchewan. November 1st is usually the start to winter for us.

Its been that since i have been alive and walking on this earth.

every once and a while like the year i got married no snow till Boxing day. And i have harvested 4 times in November and finished i also have had crop out 3 times as the snow came and never went.

Its climate in canada and guess what chuck it hasn't changed since records were kept.

So climate change my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Chuck if you really live in Canada especially saskatchewan. November 1st is usually the start to winter for us.

Its been that since i have been alive and walking on this earth.

every once and a while like the year i got married no snow till Boxing day. And i have harvested 4 times in November and finished i also have had crop out 3 times as the snow came and never went.

Its climate in canada and guess what chuck it hasn't changed since records were kept.

So climate change my ass.
            Sorry SF3 your personal observations are not science and the science is pretty clear.

Comment

personal observations.

Hell any one who has lived here knows that nov 1 winter usually starts and you better be done harvest.

Science my ass its about bullshit made up models thats what your looking at.

Like i said three times maybe a nice november and then its over and winter is here.

Some summers hot some cool and some wet and some dry.

Chuck its weather and nothing has changed.

Comment

This post is about the Conservatives who have voted to stay in the Paris accord. Climate change deniers have lost. Move on

Comment

No chuck their will come a day when Climate change deniers as you call us will again control and run the world. Its not changing as you think and believe.
                  yes i posted in the wrong thread sorry.

Comment

The flat earth society is alive and well

Comment

It is a good question to ask though. Why did the conservatives vote this way?

I d like an answer directly from them. Do they have access to something else scientific studies? Is it a strategic voting move- they don't believe it but feel Canadians won't vote for them if they don't? What is the reason. If this is the way it's going to be they just lost a lot of support because this was an issue they gained support on.

Comment

Originally posted by stubblejumper View Post
                        The flat earth society is alive and well
                        In the Conservative party?

Comment

No boys i know the world is round

most of the surface is covered with water.

We have four seasons in Canada.

Some places have basically one like hawaii its always nice.

Hurricane happened since time began and guess what the climate changes from season to season.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            It is a good question to ask though. Why did the conservatives vote this way?

I d like an answer directly from them. Do they have access to something else scientific studies? Is it a strategic voting move- they don't believe it but feel Canadians won't vote for them if they don't? What is the reason. If this is the way it's going to be they just lost a lot of support because this was an issue they gained support on.
                            The reality is there are lots of conservatives that believe in the science of climate change and are supportive of trying to cut carbon emissions and trying to slow down climate change. Many have reservations about using a carbon tax as they are worried about losing resource jobs and the impact on the economy. A carbon tax is favored by some over regulations because it is considered more of a market based approach.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              The reality is there are lots of conservatives that believe in the science of climate change and are supportive of trying to cut carbon emissions and trying to slow down climate change. Many have reservations about using a carbon tax as they are worried about losing resource jobs and the impact on the economy. A carbon tax is favored by some over regulations because it is considered more of a market based approach.

Or we could build out massive infrastructure called dams and have cheap green power in perpetuity... But that doesn't redistribute wealth or appease climate change wingnuts

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.