• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side x Side

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side x Side

Looking for opinions on which one to buy every dealer says theirs is the best but am leaning g toward arctic cat or Polaris.

I think they are all pretty decent. We have a CanAm and it has been very good. Depends if u want 2 or 3 seater. All Rec or just work or both. Polaris Rangers are good to. I would go with the one that has best service.

Comment

I have to laugh at some of the derogatory nicknames....Arctic-scrap or Arcticrap.

They're all we've ever had so can't compare. We've only had their quads...TRVs two rider versions, last one is a 700....passenger behind the driver. Long wheel base so a nice ride but would never do what a side by side would do.....even though we pull a Bergen trailer around with it.

Comment

We have a Commander here but it's pretty sporty. Still pull the auger around with it and the wife hauls potatoes off the garden but it goes like greased snot down the road. Check out the Can Am Defender. Might be more expensive than a Ranger but well worth every extra dime I bet.

Comment

We have a JD gator..825I..not a speed demon only hits 70 kms per hr.front and rear hitch is awesome. Sport bucket seats real easy to get in and out mega times a day.have 6500 trouble free kms on it.can haul 1000 lbs..
          Can't farm without it.

Comment

I'll concede their usefulness in some yards. But mine's still an old chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              I'll concede their usefulness in some yards. But mine's still an old chevy.
              Yep I just dont get it. If I needed a capable open air side by side it would be a Jeep Wrangler, 35's, front and rear lockers, doors and top off. Street legal, heater, radio and not a dinky toy. Some of the new side by sides Atv's start with a $5xxxx. Nuts
              Last edited by biglentil; Nov 8, 2017, 00:42.

Comment

Anything "recreational" is stupid expensive to fix......brakes and rotors for our quad cost about $375!!!!!. And I did the work.

I overheated an engine and ruined it (cooling fan fuse blew and I didn't know it....the display never had an icon that stood out from the rest of the info on it..... there's a resetable circuit breaker in the fuse's spot now (like the MudPro models....could have saved me over four grand. **** me. Everyone should change out that cooling fan fuse with the same size(amp) circuit breaker.....please do it.

Comment

Thanks guys. Cat dealer is close by so that may be the one.

Comment

I would say that the mainline manufacturers produce a good product. I do not have a side x side but do have a Arctic Cat quad which has been very good. I have run Cat sleds for years with no major problems. What ever you buy the dealer service can make all the difference.

Comment

We have a Silver Deere Gator early one.

Its great for checking crops and running around it carries bags and tools etc.

Wouldn't be without.

Looking at a new one next year still not sure what to get either.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        We have a Silver Deere Gator early one.

Its great for checking crops and running around it carries bags and tools etc.

Wouldn't be without.

Looking at a new one next year still not sure what to get either.
                        SF3....Go see Lee at Nick's Swerve-Us....work a deal in with some Challenger swathers(unless you're 100% straight in 2018..back in the closet).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.