• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grains connect

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grains connect

anyone deal with this company?

They’re new. I think the only terminal they’ve got open currently is in Maymont. And I’m not even sure if it’s open yet...

A few other locations in the books to start construction including a couple in AB. Huxley and Vegreville. Originally they were going to be building outside of Innisfail but with Patterson jumping in at Bowden they switched over to Huxley in hiway 21. Not sure why, there’s already a Viterra and Equity right there.

Comment

They are building east of Vegreville right now. Viterra is ahead of them building west of Veg at the moment. Not sure that there is enough grain for both, especially when there is a lot of unseeded acres.

Comment

No money in grain handling! Sarcasm.

Now there's more money to be made in both grade and price spreads compared to toll handling in "the old.days".

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          They’re new. I think the only terminal they’ve got open currently is in Maymont. And I’m not even sure if it’s open yet...

A few other locations in the books to start construction including a couple in AB. Huxley and Vegreville. Originally they were going to be building outside of Innisfail but with Patterson jumping in at Bowden they switched over to Huxley in hiway 21. Not sure why, there’s already a Viterra and Equity right there.
          Maymont terminal has been taking grain for a couple of weeks. They can only fill it half full and leave for a month to settle. First train is rumoured to run end of Nov or start of Dec. The track is still under construction.

Comment

It's my understanding that they have no port space? And Maymont is filling containers with Wheat. Not sure if anyone else has heard this.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
              It's my understanding that they have no port space? And Maymont is filling containers with Wheat. Not sure if anyone else has heard this.
              Sounds like a story to me. Railcars are sitting on sidings waiting for rail to be finished and who would spend all that cash without port access. I would imagine very difficult if not impossible to load containers out of that facility.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.