This guy didn't quit

Commodity Marketing

Tools

This guy didn't quit

Nov 4, 2017 | 18:00 1 Wow

farmaholic's Avatar Nov 4, 2017 | 23:50 2 Replace the word football with farming and you'll see why "some" of his story explains my monicker/username. Or why we do it in spite of the things that would make most people walk away.... or maybe even run!

An early passion in life that today appears to cause me more discomfort than joy....yet you continue to forge ahead inspite of it.
Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 5, 2017 at 00:01.
Nov 5, 2017 | 08:15 3 With all due respect, farma, I see absolutely no connection between his experience and what you describe.

Your situation is a choice of lifestyle, his isn't. Reply With Quote
buzz's Avatar Nov 5, 2017 | 08:22 4 Thanks for posting this powerful video burnt.

I think inky's attitude is what I find inspiring. To move forward in the face of horrific challenges outside of one's control and with determination and work hard to make the best of the situation.

I appreciate you posting this and I am fired up to have a great day. Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2017 | 08:29 5 Inspirational video, we need more people and athletes like him. 👍🏻 Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Nov 5, 2017 | 08:37 6
Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
With all due respect, farma, I see absolutely no connection between his experience and what you describe.

Your situation is a choice of lifestyle, his isn't.
There is no physical comparison! And mark my words....it would have been easier to walk away from the mental stress of Industry and environmental abuse than continue to endure it. So yes, a choice. But what I took from it was a never quit attitude. Lots of adversity that stands in the way of even reaching small goals need to be overcome. Passion, commitment, a desire to succeed.....a huge mental investment, too much to let it grind you down!

Remove the physical component and listen to the message again. Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2017 | 09:01 7 Yup ....bang on farmaholic...

Never quit....

We need more that speak with passion
Last edited by bucket; Nov 5, 2017 at 09:06.
ajl
Nov 5, 2017 | 09:35 8
Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
Replace the word football with farming and you'll see why "some" of his story explains my monicker/username. Or why we do it in spite of the things that would make most people walk away.... or maybe even run!

An early passion in life that today appears to cause me more discomfort than joy....yet you continue to forge ahead inspite of it.
All you need to do is start looking for the job you will be doing after leaving farming and you will fall in love with farming all over again. That is why ALL millennial farm boys and some girls even are coming back to the farm today. Jobs in town suck. Semi retirement is not a bad gig though if your thinking that. Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2017 | 09:42 9 video should be shown in parents basements everywhere. Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2017 | 11:59 10 farma - I did listen again and I now see the connection you were making. I'm sorry for my first response and I withdraw it.

It seemed even more powerful the second time I listened to it. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Nov 5, 2017 | 12:10 11
Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
farma - I did listen again and I now see the connection you were making. I'm sorry for my first response and I withdraw it.

It seemed even more powerful the second time I listened to it.
............all's good burnt.

segment 4:30 to 6:20

And a short reference at about 7:20

Thanks for posting the video, take care. Reply With Quote
fjlip's Avatar Nov 5, 2017 | 13:06 12 Great for him, but most are not that lucky/blessed to have a good outcome.

His rapid speaking, quick movements, sweating, I can guarantee raises his blood pressure thickens his blood. He is full of Adrenalin and cortisol. Our bodies don't last long being so hyper, sorry guys. Buried several guys that acted this way. Stress is a bitch and so is how you handle it. Most damage inside is invisible. Major issue for me. Reply With Quote