• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada's Economy Shrinks . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada's Economy Shrinks . . . .

Canada's GDP contracted -0.1% in August, the 1st monthly decline since October, 2016.

Canada's July GDP data was already flat-lining. Bottomline . . . Canada's economy was already in a slowdown when the Bank of Canada made two rate hike decisions this past summer. Declines in manufacturing / oil and gas industry are to blame.

Loonie again now under heavy selling pressure today. Chances of further Cdn rate hikes appears to be zero (0) heading into 2018.

Going as planned.
    Federal government doesn't even want an oil industry anyways going by the way pipelines are treated.

Tanking CDN $ will send us to $12 canola and $7.50 wheat again.

Comment

Good for Grain not good for Iron from the US(ouch).

Comment

Now for some irony . . . the Toronto TSX index hit historic highs this week.

Comment

Next stop .76 for CAD. Should be a bounce there
          I know, I know, the target is .60

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            Now for some irony . . . the Toronto TSX index hit historic highs this week.
            Correct me if I'm wrong but if CDN $ hits .70 in theory we should get another increase of 11% in stock prices?

Comment

Fallout in the loonie also means of the economics of shipping U.S. corn into southern Alberta have gone sour . . . This is supportive to feed barley prices (IMO).

Comment

Reported today, CME is preparing to launch bitcoin futures by the end of the year.

Have no comment, opinion and speechless for a change . . . .

Comment

Low dollar could help barley for a while till the bottom falls out of the corn market.
                  Sask may do better because of logistics issues

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    Low dollar could help barley for a while till the bottom falls out of the corn market.
                    Sask may do better because of logistics issues
                    Good point farming101, corn is very wobbly . . . Chicago and KC wheat fresh contract lows today.

Comment

Correct 101, the problem with my target guess is the Drama guy won’t be able to figure out if it’s good or bad, and or how to stabilize it, consumer confidence, business, and exports (trade balance). The focus seems to be with political correctness vs leadership and governance.

Unbelievable CME trading bitcoin, Trump will be pissed. Unless governments have a way to destabilize or control (maybe tax?), there would be traceability to some extent with this.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                        Canada's GDP contracted -0.1% in August, the 1st monthly decline since October, 2016.

Canada's July GDP data was already flat-lining. Bottomline . . . Canada's economy was already in a slowdown when the Bank of Canada made two rate hike decisions this past summer. Declines in manufacturing / oil and gas industry are to blame.

Loonie again now under heavy selling pressure today. Chances of further Cdn rate hikes appears to be zero (0) heading into 2018.
                        no, no , that can't be right ? I heard it right on the news . Canada is going wide open under this bunch of screw-ups . it just has to be right , it was on ctv news , it just gets better every day and Lisa laflamme even kept a straight face while reporting this horseshit

Comment

A rate hike would support the CDN dollar.

Comment

A rate hike would kill the useless housing market in Canada.

B O O M !

Comment

When the choochbag has nothing good to report for the liberals she is hacking on Trump. Nothing but divert to something else when drama boy ****s up again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.