Sask power

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Sask power

brs
Oct 29, 2017 | 10:22 1 The infrastructure in the province must be in pretty rough shape. Any amount of wind and there is issues. I had to replace my furnace motor and control board this fall, the first thing the technician asked was do u get allot of power surges. He recommend a surge protector be installed on the main supply into the house. Reply With Quote
fjlip's Avatar Oct 29, 2017 | 11:24 2 Just flashed here, crazy f'ing wind/snow! Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 11:29 3 This is what happens when NEVER do any maintenance on after construction. Also it does not help when the government (NDP or SP) keeps taking any extra money as a dividend and leaves very little in the pot to do maintenance with. Reply With Quote
brs
Oct 29, 2017 | 11:42 4 We went without power 2 weeks ago for 32 hrs. One evening in middle of September our power went on and off 13 times in a 3 hour period. The bill for the furnace motor, board and travel was 1085 dollars and only reason is power surges. The peasant just keeps spending to keep going and yearly increases to power bills. Every time u call in and ask if it can be looked at all u hear is sorry for that inconvience.
Last edited by brs; Oct 29, 2017 at 11:43. Reason: Missed word
Oct 29, 2017 | 13:29 5
Quote Originally Posted by food4u View Post
This is what happens when NEVER do any maintenance on after construction. Also it does not help when the government (NDP or SP) keeps taking any extra money as a dividend and leaves very little in the pot to do maintenance with.
They are all maintaining thevpower sources in the Bahamas, Haiti, etc. Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 13:53 6 Shitty infrastructure aside....our power bill is almost beyond lunacy! Anybody I talk too has the same comment. We have energy efficient everything in our house from led light bulbs to high eff furnace. House built in 08 furnace rarely kicks in during winter days just seems to run on cloudy days a bit or at night. Our natural gas bill is minimal. Someone needs to look at where the hell all the money goes from people's second mortgage...er I mean power bill.
#crookedpricks Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 13:58 7 By the way I asked sask power about billing and all they could come up with was "I don't know" and "well there were rate increases"
#bullshitartists Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 14:01 8 This isn't rocket science.....saskpower has poles inspected then waits until mother nature does the real inspection....

If you start replacing poles on an H line that were installed at the same time ....it's pretty logical to assume they all have to be replaced.....

Start a program that does it without triple overtime and unsafe conditions. ..... Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 15:16 9 same issues as Canada. Resource rich but no cheap power.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technology/elon-musk-warns-australia-on-its-energy-supply-problems/news-story/c504c6102b70dc35a94a2c2a820dc22c

hope the link works

chuck or tweety may comment is this guy got good ideas but making a lot of money on way through and it may or may not happen? Reply With Quote
brs
Oct 29, 2017 | 16:02 10 Looks like I should buy shares in the generator companies, by the looks of the fall so far I will need one for the winter or the family won't be too happy. Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 19:03 11 I have a 1600sf house with electric clothes dryer, stove, and water heater. All led and high eff furnace. Farm and shop are on a seperate service. My bill is a crazy $1450.00 per 3 months. I might have to get solar and wind power just to lower the power bill. What are others paying. Reply With Quote
Klause's Avatar Oct 29, 2017 | 19:09 12 When we moved here 3 falls ago the power bill Was $180ish a month.

High efficiency propane furnace is brand new. New electric water heater new submersible pump new sewage pump changed every light to led.

Just two of us in a 1200 square foot house.

Now we're paying 380 a month... Reply With Quote
Oct 29, 2017 | 19:16 13 City of Regina, $110 for power, $80 for natural gas, averaged. All winter burn natural gas fireplace every evening. We like it hot! Reply With Quote
fjlip's Avatar Oct 29, 2017 | 19:22 14
Quote Originally Posted by BreadWinner View Post
I have a 1600sf house with electric clothes dryer, stove, and water heater. All led and high eff furnace. Farm and shop are on a seperate service. My bill is a crazy $1450.00 per 3 months. I might have to get solar and wind power just to lower the power bill. What are others paying.
High eff furnace & HW heater, 1400 sq ft, Electric cook top/oven, all LED, shop included/ NG furnace, NG grain dryer, 12 Aeration fans seasonal, welder, LED yard light plus 2 HP sodium, $800 average / 3 months this year?
House gas $60/ month, Grain dryer if used.
Last edited by fjlip; Oct 29, 2017 at 19:24.
Oct 29, 2017 | 22:18 15 Was thinking a still and gas generator or canola press and diesel and pull the plug to the grid Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 06:52 16 Looks like more global warming forecasted for this week.....dont unplug from the grid yet! Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 07:42 17
Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
Was thinking a still and gas generator or canola press and diesel and pull the plug to the grid
Still Have old 32volt gas powered light plant in basement of house. Runs on gas or ethanol may have to change generator to 110v. Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 08:46 18 How much per KW ours is .0459 Sept bill is energy 34.84 transmission 29.23 distribution 61.00 and some miss =135.85. Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 11:46 19
Quote Originally Posted by sk_wheatking View Post
Looks like more global warming forecasted for this week.....dont unplug from the grid yet!
gas and power should be unhooked to the greentards living in sask . then they can show us how it's done
I happen to think power and gas are fairly cheap here in sask for the work we do with it Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 12:29 20 Saskpower charges me $0.12224/kwh+$33.00 basic cost/month. Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Oct 30, 2017 | 15:24 21 One good ice storm and half the province would be out for weeks.

Posts have repair on them still standing but if you passed with a bike and hockey stick and hit them probably would go over. Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 20:22 22
I have a 1600sf house with electric clothes dryer, stove, and water heater. All led and high eff furnace. Farm and shop are on a seperate service. My bill is a crazy $1450.00 per 3 months. I might have to get solar and wind power just to lower the power bill. What are others paying.
So which was the bill for? the house or the farm and shop? Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 21:29 23 It is just for the house. I think My family must have a growop that I didnt know about. Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017 | 22:23 24 Is that a natural gas furnace? Heated floor? Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017 | 06:20 25
Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
So which was the bill for? the house or the farm and shop?
That seems crazy. Our 1100 square feet house - baseboard heaters, water heater, stove. Mid Sep to mid October usage $83.59. Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017 | 06:29 26
Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
That seems crazy. Our 1100 square feet house - baseboard heaters, water heater, stove. Mid Sep to mid October usage $83.59.
Grassy, Manitoba Hydro must be cheap. Wait intil you get a bunch of windmills and then watch your rates go up. Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017 | 07:17 27 It has a heated floor in the 1 bathroom. I phoned saskpower and they said something is crazy about that amount of power. Its 3 times what most houses that size cost to run. Im looking into a ground leak from the meter to the house. Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017 | 07:43 28
It has a heated floor in the 1 bathroom. I phoned saskpower and they said something is crazy about that amount of power. Its 3 times what most houses that size cost to run. Im looking into a ground leak from the meter to the house.
Lol! Good luck with the wild goose chase...lol. I've been down that road already. I even had them out to check our meter. Just accept it because it's going nowhere but up. Like they say at telemiracle....where are we going?!.......HIGHER!!!!!! Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017 | 07:53 29 A business owner in Saskatoon thought his bill was way too high for the few computers he was using so he went on the internet and purchased an add-on the line meter. Found out he was paying for his and everyone else in the building because of how it was hooked up. He got a rebate that prepaid his power for years. Goess Sask Power squared up with the other guys who were getting away without paying for years. Maybe you could check for "leaks" in your system. Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017 | 09:02 30 I bought a energy usage meter and hooked it up to my panel yesterday, so far it looks as though the meter at the pole is reading 3 times higher than the meter in the house. Reply With Quote