$10.5 Million Prize Becomes Standard.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

$10.5 Million Prize Becomes Standard.

fjlip's Avatar Oct 26, 2017 | 20:54 31 Right after you join a mosque and wrap up the wife...then JT will kiss your*ss. Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2017 | 21:45 32
Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
They should start teaching terrorist 101 at universities .....seems like a lucrative career path....
They are definitely catching on to the payday now, they now have a few fools in charge of the treasury now.

Another observation is the pro-carbon taxers also seem to terrorist sympathizers.
What is the connection? Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 05:40 33 first there was no proof these guys were terrorists,
and Kadar was a child.

either there is a law or not .
if you wanted no protections, then your boys had lots of time to change that.
so it is harper's fault ( i can get down to that level too )

how hypocritical are you bitching about trudeau , harper had to pay too.
pretty sure it was some gung ho , islam hater, in csis or the rcmp that ignored the law of the land.
they used to find commies everywhere too.

just follow the law or change it. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 05:55 34
Quote Originally Posted by sawfly1 View Post
first there was no proof these guys were terrorists,
and Kadar was a child.

pretty sure it was some gung ho , islam hater, in csis or the rcmp that ignored the law of the land.

just follow the law or change it.
Wow, an outright Islamic apologist. Khadar admitted to what he did, age notwithstanding. (Had he tossed the grenade a week or so later, after his birthday, the age thing wouldn't have saved him)

And then did an end run around justice by forgetting what happened on the battlefield to come "home" under the protection of Canadian law. Which then paid him handsomely for his crimes.

Canadian law also holds treason remedies, which is what Khadar should come under. And then Trudeau make the secret agreement so the medic's widow could not access the settlement.

You went lower than necessary, sawfly1. Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Oct 27, 2017 | 06:29 35 We have a idiot in charge and that is the main problem. Were a weak country ripe for the picking. china Could own us or take us over with out a shot being fired. Our little piss ant would surrender in a heart beat.

It started with Omar and ended with these three guys.

But the two guys that got beheaded what did he do for them.

We don't negotiate because they were real Canadians. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 06:40 36
Quote Originally Posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
The comments posted on this thread are a real eye opener.
Unfortunately, it appears that some of people who use this forum have no respect for our justice system and would prefer a system of vigilante justice, akin to the Ku Klux Klan of the 1960s in southern US.
The racial prejudice is sickening.
Way too many comments that show nothing but hatred and contempt for people that come from other countries or have a different color of skin.
Screw the trial.
If they're from the middle east, or they wear a headcloth for religious or cultural reasons, treat them like shit whether they're guilty or innocent.
FYI - Racial / religious intolerance and disregard for justice are the hallmarks of some of the most depraved regimes in history, including Hitler's and Stalin's.
Try reading a history book sometime.
And while you're at it, thank your lucky stars that your ancestors were treated more fairly than this when they arrived in Canada .
Way to keep it classy guys!
Good post - really says it all. Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Oct 27, 2017 | 07:00 37 Name:  22770615_1515478181878288_2905776139220308289_o.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  94.9 KB

Grass you would defend this fool till the country is finally destroyed.

Sorry he is a Idiot. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:25 38 Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:35 39
Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Your track record of guessing at reality is simply abysmal, chucky. I have never in my life defended Nazism or white supremacy, so you are dead wrong.

I believe that the law MUST apply equally to everyone. Where we get into trouble is when the law is derailed by identity politics (or wealth/position).

If you think that Khadar is innocent of terrorism, what more evidence do we need that you are a terrorist sympathizer? He admitted to what he did! Forgive me if I misrepresent the evidence you provide on yourself.

Your reaction betrays you, LOL!
Kahdr confessed under torture, a confession he later recanted.

"The $10.5-million Omar Khadr settlement has brought no shortage of commentary, but one of the most strongly asserted objections to it has been that Khadr is a “confessed killer” who has admitted his deeds in court.

One does not have to be a fan of Khadr to recognize that this claim is suspect. Documents released in 2008 related to the case revealed that Canadian authorities knew that while Khadr was at Guantanamo he was subjected to “the frequent flyer program,” where detainees were moved from location to location every three hours, denying him uninterrupted sleep for three weeks. This was apparently followed by three-week periods of isolation where he was denied any human contact.

Interestingly, the documents also stated that Khadr seemed to be handling the treatment well, noting that “the natural resilience of a well-fed and healthy 17-year-old [is] keeping him going.” So, was this torture?

The answer in international and Canadian law is undoubtedly yes. Canada is a party to the UN Convention Against Torture, where “torture” is defined as “any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person” for certain acts, including obtaining information. This is cited as a source of the international law which binds military operations in the Canadian Armed Forces Law of Armed Conflict Manual, which also states that “no physical or mental torture, or any other form of coercion, shall be inflicted” on POWs or detainees. Further, the CAF doctrine on interrogations states unequivocally:

Interrogation tactics which involve physical force—beatings, stress position, deprivation of food, and subjection to cold or hot temperatures are prohibited. Methods which are more subtle but have a harmful psychological effect are equally prohibited. Sensory deprivation, sleep deprivation, isolation, humiliation, music and light control, use of phobia, and environmental manipulation are also prohibited.

There is good reason for this prohibition. Medical science has demonstrated over and over that there is serious physical and mental harm caused by sleep deprivation. As a report on the effects of psychological torture notes, short and long-term effects can include “memory impairment, reduced capacity to concentrate, somatic complaints such as headache and back pain, hyperarousal, avoidance, irritability, severe depression with vegetative symptoms, nightmares, feelings of shame and humiliation, and post-traumatic stress disorder … incoherent speech, disorientation, hallucination, irritability, anger, delusions, and sometimes paranoia.” Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:42 40 Looks like you need some sleeep chucky .... Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:47 41 Justifiable homocide! Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:48 42 We know you hate JT but politicians come and go. I am no fan either.

But Harper paid out big money to Maher Arar under similar circumstances as the last 3. So why the outrage at Trudeau but not Harper?

Most of you voted for Steve. Is that the only reason because that is called being a hypocrite.

The issue is international law, Canadian law and does it apply equally to all Canadians? The Supreme Court has clearly ruled that Canadian laws apply.

You cant break the law because they or their family is from a Muslim country. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:53 43 How did they become Canadians in the first place? Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:55 44 I agree it's the "law" that needs to be changed .
But also some common sense within the law before Canada gets sued into poverty Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:56 45
Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
Justifiable homocide!
The case against Kahdr would have not stood up under Canadian law. Child soldier, conflicting evidence that was changed, confession under abuse and torture which are not reliable. Reply With Quote
ajl
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:57 46
first there was no proof these guys were terrorists,
and Kadar was a child.

just follow the law or change it.
My guess is there was evidence but we will never know for sure. Today potential terrorist activity will be ignored because the PM is dependent on the Islamic vote. Want your children living with Sharia law? Keep that kind of thinking on the go. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:58 47 chucky, Wow, a fine illustration of willful ignorance.

Of course he denied it - no one has ever accused him of being completely stupid! You accept his "recantation" at the expense of ignoring his history, family history and ties?

Are you going to level charges of racism, Islamophobia, hate, white supremacy against those Liberals who also decried Trudeau's gift to Khadar? Come on now, be consistent, or find yourself guilty of hyper partisanship.

Keep on defending a confessed terrorist there chucky. It fits your unblemished track record of guessing wrongly.

Have you taken a guess at what our daughters, granddaughters, nieces, will be wearing in 20 or 30 years if we keep on rewarding future Khadars with $10.5 million dollar prizes for killing Allied forces?

Did you read how the Spanish and French are dealing with leftover pockets of ISIS fighters who originate from Spain and France? "Terminate them in battle". I'd expect there is wide latitude given to the military in fulfilling that mandate, considering future fallout should they return.

Now, why would they do a thing like that? Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 07:59 48 Is there a place to apologize to the American soldiers widow? I m truly embarrassed, and that family should know Canadians don't agree with what happenned here. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 08:03 49
Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
I agree it's the "law" that needs to be changed .
But also some common sense within the law before Canada gets sued into poverty
No the problem is over zealous and perhaps incompetent officials and politicians who put Canadian taxpayers at risk with bad decisions that break Canadian law.

Everybody is opposed to terrorism and want the state to take reasonable measures to protect the country. That is not the issue.

But it has to be done in a lawfull and reasonable way. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 08:14 50
Quote Originally Posted by the big wheel View Post
Is there a place to apologize to the American soldiers widow? I m truly embarrassed, and that family should know Canadians don't agree with what happenned here.
The mess created in Iraq by the US is at the root of many problems. Perhaps the US should also apologize to all the servicemen and women who died without a good reason. Not to mention the 10s of thousands innocent civilian women and children who died. They should have never went in there as it made things much worse. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 08:21 51
Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
No the problem is over zealous and perhaps incompetent officials and politicians who put Canadian taxpayers at risk with bad decisions that break Canadian law.

Everybody is opposed to terrorism and want the state to take reasonable measures to protect the country. That is not the issue.

But it has to be done in a lawfull and reasonable way.

Mark it down - this may be the first time that I fully agree with a statement made by chucky. The cracking sound from below is the sound of ice forming over fire...

It's how the law is applied that gets us into these messes - a local lawyer recently said that outcomes are determined by the best arguments, not solid facts. So, "reasonable way" according to whom?

"the law is a ass — a idiot."

"If the law supposes that," said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, "the law is a ass — a idiot. If that's the eye of the law, the law is a bachelor; and the worst I wish the law is, that his eye may be opened by experience — by experience." Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 08:21 52
We know you hate JT but politicians come and go. I am no fan either.

But Harper paid out big money to Maher Arar under similar circumstances as the last 3. So why the outrage at Trudeau but not Harper?

Most of you voted for Steve. Is that the only reason because that is called being a hypocrite.

The issue is international law, Canadian law and does it apply equally to all Canadians? The Supreme Court has clearly ruled that Canadian laws apply.

You cant break the law because they or their family is from a Muslim country.

Harper was a dud, imho. I grant you that, but that is no reason to defend terrorists. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 08:25 53

But it has to be done in a lawfull and reasonable way.
Aclot of people have been wronged by the laws of this land, think they get 10.5 million? No, the courts calculate lost wages, finito, no ten million dollars. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 09:13 54 So has anyone considered another negative consequence rising from appeasing the Omar Khadar types with huge payouts and tighter restrictions (maybe some necessity, maybe not) on how potential national security risks are handled?

How many "genuine" terror threats are going to move to and fro more freely since any "mistakes" are going to cost Canada dearly and result in public whippings for those "responsible"?

It's a lose-lose situation.

It creates a superb opportunity for unfriendlies to conduct guerilla warfare on us, shielded from justice by our own laws.

Good thing that there's nobody out there who might be like that... Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 09:17 55
Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
Aclot of people have been wronged by the laws of this land, think they get 10.5 million? No, the courts calculate lost wages, finito, no ten million dollars.
While I agree the sums involved seem ridiculous they are not unprecedented. Below are a few other Canadian examples. Personally I would cap any payment at $200,000 but that's not how the litigation system works.

July 2007 Stephen and Marlene Truscott, Ontario
Stephen received $6.5 million and his wife Marlene $100,000. He had been convicted of murder at the age of 14 and sentenced to be hanged.

December 2006 Simon Marshall
He received $2.3 million from the Quebec Government. He had been imprisoned for 6 years for sexual assault.

October 2006 Steven Kaminski
He was aged 24. He received $2.2 million from the Federal Government (RCMP). He had been imprisoned for 7 years for sexual assault.

Clayton Johnson 2004
He received $2.5 m. incl. $500k from the Nova Scotia Government. He had served 5 years for the murder of his wife.

David Milgaard 1999
He received $10 million from the Saskatchewan Government. He had served 23 years for murder.

1990 Donald Marshall Jr.
He received $1.6 million from the Nova Scotia Government. He had served 11 years. He was exonerated by the Hickman Commission in 1989. Reply With Quote
fjlip's Avatar Oct 27, 2017 | 09:42 56 Not a terrorist type/suspect among them...DNA would have prevented most of them... Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 10:08 57
Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
Not a terrorist type/suspect among them...DNA would have prevented most of them...
"Well no, actually (we haven't) but why spoil another good story with some facts?"

grassant hoist with his own petard, lol. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 10:54 58 I would have accepted the reality of the payment to Kadr if an independent judge would have judged its fairness. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 12:03 59 none of these payments are pretty.
and i do not support terrorist.

but if you want to live somewhere with no human rights , and no law .

that is what you are proposing

go live in syria.
you can send anyone you do not like off to torture
without even a hint of a trail.
i am sure they will accommodate you there.
so long as you pick the right side to be on. Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2017 | 13:19 60
none of these payments are pretty.
and i do not support terrorist.

but if you want to live somewhere with no human rights , and no law .

that is what you are proposing

go live in syria.
you can send anyone you do not like off to torture
without even a hint of a trail.
i am sure they will accommodate you there.
so long as you pick the right side to be on.
No need to move - Syria is coming to the west. And Sharia is coming to a town near you.

Tell us sawfly1, how do you feel about Trudeau's acceptance of the constant violation of Canada's immigration laws?

Which laws do you support and uphold? Reply With Quote