• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rural Fires Last Night. WTF was any one burning the day before the wind storm!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural Fires Last Night. WTF was any one burning the day before the wind storm!

Im going to come out and say this as fires were in two towns i farm near. Plus seem to be all over saskatchewan last night.

What the F#$K are some of you thinking burning yesterday when we all had for days knew that a huge wind storm was coming. A wind storm with 90 km hr wind.

Environment Canada maybe can't get the rain events right but wind is real easy to predict.

We had neighbours burning stubble yesterday and sloughs some of these had old bush piles in them.

Guess what genius some of that wood burnt.

Now add some big winds hit in 120km or less for hours and guess what the coal would of continues to burn and move on to stubble.

Thanks to all volunteer fire fighters that are just getting to sleep you truly do help the community.

To the family who lost a yard it can be rebuilt but still not a answer.

To the numbskulls who were burning yesterday.

YOUR ****ING IDIOTS.

The fires north of Medicine Hat sounds like they were started by downed power lines or transformers exploding, winds at Schuler were clocked at 135 km.

Comment

Anyone on here directly affected ? Hope it's not too bad . Burnt stubble would be a real problem with this dry . Miserable god dam wind, waiting for daylight to see if we have any leafcutter shelters left !

Comment

I agree thats how that one started but the ones around yorkton and Bethune and Most areas were from burnt stubble or slough fields.

Im just saying you really have to be real special to go burn fields the day of a huge wind storm that they were predicting for days was to hit.

We had one guy this fall burning and it was right beside 1000 acres of canola.

Real special people.

Burning is good but people use your F#$KIng heads.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          I agree thats how that one started but the ones around yorkton and Bethune and Most areas were from burnt stubble or slough fields.

Im just saying you really have to be real special to go burn fields the day of a huge wind storm that they were predicting for days was to hit.

We had one guy this fall burning and it was right beside 1000 acres of canola.

Real special people.

Burning is good but people use your F#$KIng heads.
          Burning is hardly ever good , but is NEVER good when land is this dry
          Guys that burnt here this spring can't figure out why they can't get a nh3 knife in the ground and are whining land is hard and dry , no shit ?
          We finished juicing yesterday , ground actually worked pretty good
          Last edited by Guest; Oct 18, 2017, 07:04.

Comment

Yea the ground is actually working very nice this fall.

I have a construction crew building a new road to our yard they say our RM is the wettest they have worked in all summer. Its fall.

I said it before and ill say it again. We were so flicking wet for years compared to other areas. Its showing up this year big time.

Comment

SF3 agreed there are always idiots out there who have no common sense. Perhaps the province needs to issue strict fire bans prior to big wind storms during dry periods with substantial fines for those who cant figure this out.

Comment

For once Chuck i have to agree with you.

The guy who was burning by the canola doesn't have a pot to piss in who am i going to sue if he burnt my crop.

Fire ban should of been issued the day before and like manitoba a good fine if you burn.

Comment

Wet compared to other areas??? Like you were drier than every other area this year???
                  I ve been up to case s area and furrows area and west and that s what wet is.

Those construction guys come from Africa maybe? Hahaha

You have no clue whatsoever what either extreme is.

Burning prior to a wind not very bright so are a lot of other things like draining your fields when the water has no where to go off the neighbors. Too many selfish people don't give a shit.

Comment

Fire near us last night at Good Spirit lake. A lot of fire guards got worked at 3 am. The wind took out a power line that started a fire north of 229 right near the park. Don't know if anyone lost anything yet. Fire trucks and police still there at 7 am. Lots of smoke and very strong winds right now.It looks like it burnt out that really poor no mans land between the park and Burgis Beach.

Comment

Part of time the one near Gleichan was from a train. Crowsnest pass fire sounds like power lines.

One near Airdrie looks like a cigarette out a window.

There are different kinds of idiots in life for sure.

Comment

Wow BTO you really don’t read post do you just strait to the hate.

Construction company arrived he was building roads all summer west of us north and south of valley. He said we were wetter than other areas. Never once did I say 159 miles north or 240 miles nw did I you moron.

Comment

4 fires around Biggar last night, all from people burning in last three days, they put at least 30 volunteer firefighters lives at risk as well as their downwind neighbours. Same people who are mad as hell when fire bans put on by R.M. last spring. Anyone hear what the losses were around Burstall, Leader and area. Ive heard a lot of cattle lost with crews out putting down the badly burnt this morning.

Comment

Bethune fire was from Hutterites burning the day before.

Comment

No hate don't waste emotions on fruitloops. However the deskpushers are using fools like you that cry wolf all summer and then show all this buying and trips and what am I gonna do horse shit and the real people suffering have to deal with the desk duds saying well that guy from yorkton was so wet and so dry and look at his crops. And it is a reality you crying little panzi ass. You ve done so much to harm the plight of those really struggling tough situations.

Talking about fires good but then justifying all the crying all year every year by bullshitting that some construction crew said your wet?? You ll like the new mariguana laws for sure you closer ndper!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...