• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last 24 hrs lots has happened!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last 24 hrs lots has happened!

Three events in the news yesterday caught my eye, events that will affect us all to some extent going forward. First was Trudeau's announcement in relation to the small business tax, a promise to lower the small business rate in the future after the Liberal's make changes to in their mind make the system more equitable. So yes he is still going after income sprinkling and he is still is after your retained earnings, unfortunately I am not an accountant so I can't explain it further except that he intends to gain $500 million in revenue per year from the changes to how the investments you have made with retained earnings are taxed. One thing to remember he hopes to gain $1 billion in revenue with their changes but will give up $2.9 billion in revenue by lowering the small business rate to 9%. A good negotiator!

Second the Bombardier deal. From what I have read the government thinks this is a good deal. I need someone to explain this to me. You give up 50.1 % of the new Jet for $0 dollars, switch half of the production to a plant in Alabama and somehow this is a good deal? Another example of Trudeau's strong business sense lol.

Third, Trump wants the end of Canada's supply management laid out in the Nafta agreement. The Federal government says this will not happen. So Trump has went after the Auto industry, now supply management. And the team in charge of this negotiation? Justin Trudeau. I think it is obvious Nafta is done. What changes does everyone forsee in an agricultural world without Nafta? Will this affect exports? Is anyone on Agriville confident that Justin Trudeau will win the day with his strong negotiating skill?

Really enjoying the last few days. Keep it coming. Burn the bitch to the ground and let's start over with several smaller countries.

Comment

End to supply management would be a good thing for most of us.
      Quota value acts as an entry fee for those getting into or expanding business.
      Times have changed for grain marketing, think same should hold true for supply management.

Comment

Also, Mr. Lahey died. Trudeau is a shit puppet. Trump is also a shit puppet.

Comment

Sometimes watching the news can be so ****ing depressing. .....such negativity the world over.

Even with all the ethical social engineering of most societies, it seems the seven deadly sins trump the list of virtues and beatitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
            End to supply management would be a good thing for most of us.
            Quota value acts as an entry fee for those getting into or expanding business.
            Times have changed for grain marketing, think same should hold true for supply management.
            Like all of primary Ag...98% of population does not farm so cheaper food is better for 98%, not us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...