• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batten down the hatches...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batten down the hatches...

Hold on to your hat or toupee. .... potential for gusts to 90 km/hr later today in the southern prairies...Yippie I can hardly wait. Instead of rain we get this crap! On the bright side it never came through when "most" of the crop was still out.

Be good....

90 kms? Our warnings in south ab are for up to 130 kms! I'd better anchor the barbee down. Trying to think of an upside. No, can't think of one. When these systems blow in I get a neck and head ache. Got em. Yech!

Comment

Oh WOW....Ya, that's insane.....and damaging. I doubt there's a bright side to 130 km/hr winds....hard to overlook the potential damage.

Comment

farma, ya the crops are off thank goodness, and the bins are full and won't be blowing into the neighbours shelterbelt.
        Won't likely be good for shingles and tin though.

Comment

...and old, rotten, leaning barns !

Comment

Still a bunch of canola in the fields around here. Hope the forecast is wrong.

Comment

100k gusts forecast here, 70k sustained. Yet another reminder for me why ANY sort of tillage in this area is a bad idea. One neighbor still summerfallows 50% of his acres. Another is sold on high speed tillage after harvest of everything including lentil stubble. I will likely be able to see both from my place today.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Oh WOW....Ya, that's insane.....and damaging. I doubt there's a bright side to 130 km/hr winds....hard to overlook the potential damage.
                That ought to blow the wind off the trees

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Not wind "leaves".

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    I don't understand.

Comment

And street sweepers are out picking leaves off roads. May as well wait until tomorrow blowing back as soon as they go buy.

Comment

The wind might change some ideas about these modern high speed tillage machines.

Comment

Depends on the area, how it's used and the type of unit but yes it will blow some dirt on some guys in some areas .

Comment

I can see the dirt blowing over my yard at about 100-150ft. Cappon site for weather network says sustained winds of 78km gusting to 110.

Comment

Crap. I've got a half built 8000 bu bin I hope is where I left it... Hopefully no pictures to follows.
                              Last edited by Ronski; Oct 17, 2017, 16:31. Reason: Autocorrect doesn't talk farmer

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...