• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ether and bitcoin

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ether and bitcoin

Should have put all the money spent on inputs into Ether.

Could have bought in at $15. Sold out early September at close to $400.

Crypto currency may be the best way to defeat government. Can't tax what you can't trace. Already know of ag commodities being bought and sold using crypto in less than ideal economies. Why not here?

Originally posted by biglentil
    There's a new ICO pretty much everyday never to late to exchange a bunch of zeros and ones into a different bunch of zeros and ones. Dont forget your password know of a guy that misplaced over a 100 Bitcoin. If you ask me they will one day revert to their intrinsic value of zero like all other currencies not found on the periodic table. If played right could be a fun ride though. Buy the F'ing Dip!
    The ICOs are crazy... But I don't think crypto is going anywhere... Not with how crazy the real world has become... I think it'll change names and mskr a bunch of broke people in the process though

Comment

I remember one winter in camp people buying Iraqi dinars like mad.......
      Ah, if your aunt had nuts.
      She'd be your uncle....

Comment

Had a meeting with a bank that finances fertilizer over here, and they said seems all the banks are joining in the crypto action now to see if its feasible for commodities trade or not (exchange of Bill of lading).

https://insights.cegeka.com/news/amsterdam-trade-bank-cegeka-blockchain-commodity-trade-finance-application https://insights.cegeka.com/news/amsterdam-trade-bank-cegeka-blockchain-commodity-trade-finance-application

Comment

[QUOTE=FertaCloud;357050]Had a meeting with a bank that finances fertilizer over here, and they said seems all the banks are joining in the crypto action now to see if its feasible for commodities trade or not (exchange of Bill of lading).

https://insights.cegeka.com/news/amsterdam-trade-bank-cegeka-blockchain-commodity-trade-finance-application https://insights.cegeka.com/news/amsterdam-trade-bank-cegeka-blockchain-commodity-trade-finance-application[/QUOTE

I guess they can accept anything they like long as I get paid in American dollars in my hand.

Comment

What can you buy with a dollar of bitcoin? How do you rate value?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              What can you buy with a dollar of bitcoin? How do you rate value?
              One Bitcoin is worth $4180 USD right now

It's value is set like any other currency… it's in a huge bubble…

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

Then if there's any liquidity, get the **** out!

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil
                  Thats exactly what I think about the dollar.
                  CAD or USD?

You could always buy more inflated farmland. ;-)....AND farm it!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    CAD or USD?

You could always buy more inflated farmland. ;-)....AND farm it!
                    What - And suffer some more. 🙀

Comment

I am going to spend the winter in Trinidad mining bitcoin because power is so cheap there.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        I am going to spend the winter in Trinidad mining bitcoin because power is so cheap there.

Easier to mine etherium now. Bitcoin is a waste of time even with a powerful mining rig.

You're free to do as you please of course. Just saying

Comment

The problem with crypto is govt can say it's worthless at the drop of a hat. Stick with reserve is much safer

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

Agreed, huge bubble. If people were actually able to use bitcoins to buy everyday things i guess it would have value, but in the end if everyone is just turning it back into USD's, its worthless. Not to mention Bitcoin can be copied and soon every tom,dick, or harry will have their own "crypto" coin removing the scarcity idea.
                            Tulip mania all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                              The problem with crypto is govt can say it's worthless at the drop of a hat. Stick with reserve is much safer
                              They can only drive it underground and
                              can only really control it by controlling the internet. Good luck with that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...