• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Farm in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that the future in Canuckistan is pretty bleak but it is not much better anywhere else. I would go the the US if I could but land is expensive there as well. Looks like opportunity in some part of Australia as land is not as inflated there. Not worried about my son going to an oil war in the US anymore since the US only imports 22% of its oil these day and most of that from Canada and Mexico. Cheap land was the only thing western Canuckistan had going for it but why not sell it to the Chinese and make younger Canadian farmers compete for it. Great plan.

Comment

I think you would have to be pretty restarted to sell in canada and go to Russia or south america.

Both of those places could go all to hell at any moment.

Comment

Up here in the Northeast can create a lot of problems farming but we don't have a big problem with people and crime. You can jump on a quad with a rifle and travel all afternoon and never see another person and that appeals to me. You know the old saying "The further you are from the city the less rules you have to follow" but I do follow most. I did travel to southern Minn last summer and it sure was a beautiful area with nice roads and nice farms. Selling out here would not get me much there.

I guess living in the boonies has its drawbacks and is the reason for my lack of understanding of ChuckChuck's idea's.

Comment

Klaus

When you lived in Manitoba all you did is complain about the province, now you farm in Sask and have started to complain about Canada. Why come on here on Agriville and yap how good it could be to farm in Russia, sell the farm and move, a little less talk and more action pal.

I wonder if the Russia people would be as forgiving towards a German as Canadians have been?

Comment

I'm 41 Klause, I wonder the same. I'm pondering Northern US as a new locale but the EPA and their regulations that come with the farm programs kind of have me thinking otherwise. Idk jack shit about China but that's where the people are. I also believe in our lifetime western society will fall as its cycle will be up. Like the British and Roman empires the west will fall on the promises govt has made in Healthcare and pensions. Chile intrigues me. The way govt has placed the bullseye for tax on us has me thinking the exact same. I definitely have no desire to own more sask farmland. If word ever gets out that land taxes are over $85/acre/ year in Minnesota and our govt could do the same here, how wise is it to have all your retirement in a taxed asset? You can't move land. So for now I like the idea of US dollars for my retirement. Have moved the wife's pension into USD and solely in equities. Zero bond exposure. Slowly building my package. I'm optimistic ag but govt is gonna Rob us blind. They know which sectors have cash don't kid yourself, they profile and it's no coincidence we are suddenly in the cross hairs. I want to be mobile for opportunities. It will be very interesting to see how the crop input machinery and grain cos react to this small biz tax adjustment. If they start pulling out.... I'll be very close behind.
            Last edited by macdon02; Sep 24, 2017, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              Klaus

When you lived in Manitoba all you did is complain about the province, now you farm in Sask and have started to complain about Canada. Why come on here on Agriville and yap how good it could be to farm in Russia, sell the farm and move, a little less talk and more action pal.

I wonder if the Russia people would be as forgiving towards a German as Canadians have been?

I knew you'd show up.

Put your head back in the sand and keep telling yourself everything is ok... Your province is run by a guy who spends half the time in a central American resort town... And the official opposition leader is a wife beater who has written songs about molesting women.

And the sad thing is... That's not the most screwed up political scene in Canada.

If you shoot somebody for trespassing or found on your property otherwise you go to jail happened a couple times here. Uruguay allows concealed carry like the USA. Stable country never had any commie dictatorships.

In Ontario they are confiscating kids from their parents because the parents pulled them out of school for not agreeing with the social "lgbtqxddd" agenda. That's a thoughtcrime...

We've been robbed a few times, so has my F/M-I-L... Cops say property crime isn't a priority.

Taxing private property at 73%? Hell Canadians already pay more tax than Germans do... And we have way less for services and infrastructure.

Canada is a great country... Was even greater. But wake up we are falling behind by the day...

You're right on the collapse of western society... We have come to doing all the same things great civilizations did before us right before their fall. And we have learned nothing in 5000 years of human history.

Comment

Not trying to be rude here but there is a certain subset of immigrants that are never happy with where they are. I guess that is part of the reason the emigrated. Have seen it here lots. they move over, tell us how smart they are and how we dummies in Canada should be farming, then usually go broke. Of course all are not like this but a pretty good percentage are.

That is what would worry me about moving to a new country to farm. I dont want to be that guy who pisses away a bunch of money figuring out how to farm in a new place. Think I kind of got it figured out here.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                  Not trying to be rude here but there is a certain subset of immigrants that are never happy with where they are. I guess that is part of the reason the emigrated. Have seen it here lots. they move over, tell us how smart they are and how we dummies in Canada should be farming, then usually go broke. Of course all are not like this but a pretty good percentage are.

That is what would worry me about moving to a new country to farm. I dont want to be that guy who pisses away a bunch of money figuring out how to farm in a new place. Think I kind of got it figured out here.

No... You're right... But remember I came here as a kid. Started school here. Got the shit beaten out of me in public school in kindergarten and grade 1 for being the only non Ukrainian kid in school...

So was home schooled. Started working and paying taxes at 14 (used to build websites and host them)... Never collected a cent of unemployment or any other welfare. Heck I still don't have a sask health card... So while I might have been "complaining" Ive also contributed to this country plenty and continue to do so.

Funny thing is in my circle of friends I wasn't even try first to bring it up... A couple people I know that have lived their entire lives... And their parents lived their whole lives here did. Because what is happening is scary to a lot of people...

I'm sorry for posting agronomy stuff on here... I'll stop doing it since it's "telling you how to farm".

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                    .....They know which sectors have cash don't kid yourself, they profile and it's no coincidence we are suddenly in the cross hairs.....
                    Maybe they should brush up on their profiling skills or get a new scope?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 8.40.16 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	766022

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                      Australia 200ft airdrills, next to F'all for inputs, 1 combine per 10000 acres required, $600 an acre, 2 hours from the coast. Sounds good
                      Agreed. You can sell out of Sask and buy 3 times the land in Australia. As described above , efficient harvesting and 2 hours from all the fun and adventure you desire.

Comment

Grass we hand them the numbers in ag stability. The majority of farm operators are over 55 and spent all their life building equity and now they want it, "because they are tax cheats"

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          No... You're right... But remember I came here as a kid. Started school here. Got the shit beaten out of me in public school in kindergarten and grade 1 for being the only non Ukrainian kid in school...

So was home schooled. Started working and paying taxes at 14 (used to build websites and host them)... Never collected a cent of unemployment or any other welfare. Heck I still don't have a sask health card... So while I might have been "complaining" Ive also contributed to this country plenty and continue to do so.

Funny thing is in my circle of friends I wasn't even try first to bring it up... A couple people I know that have lived their entire lives... And their parents lived their whole lives here did. Because what is happening is scary to a lot of people...

I'm sorry for posting agronomy stuff on here... I'll stop doing it since it's "telling you how to farm".
                          Klause, That was post was not directed at you. I wish all our immigrants were as resourceful and productive as you. It was just a general observation and thought. Be careful looking at all the bad things about where you are and the good things about some other place.

I commend you for trying new agronomic practices. I like to pick holes in new ideas and practices. Have had to eat my words before on things I said I would "never try" or 'Never do". But have also tried lots of new practices and new ideas on my own accord. Just careful not to sing the praises too loud. What works for one doesnt work for another.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                            Klause, That was post was not directed at you. I wish all our immigrants were as resourceful and productive as you. It was just a general observation and thought. Be careful looking at all the bad things about where you are and the good things about some other place.

I commend you for trying new agronomic practices. I like to pick holes in new ideas and practices. Have had to eat my words before on things I said I would "never try" or 'Never do". But have also tried lots of new practices and new ideas on my own accord. Just careful not to sing the praises too loud. What works for one doesnt work for another.
                            That is terrible about your treatment in school I can see why you wanted to get out of that area. I dont think that sort of treatment would be normal in most areas of manitoba.

Comment

[QUOTE=Klause;356703]Wow. Do you travel? Pretty grim world view!

Russia's new constitution grants you the right to defend yourself and your property by firearm if necessary.

You have 0 property rights in Canada... Not even the right to defend yourself.

As far as political look to Ottawa... Alberta (bill 6)...

Canadians love going on about how great Canada is... But we need to stop doing that and start looking at what we've given up or lost in 30 years. Kinda scary to look at.[/QUOTE

Alberta (bill 6)... WTF?? I thought you were an intelligence man. Smart people do not follow the lunatic fringe.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post

Alberta (bill 6)... WTF?? I thought you were an intelligence man.
                                What klause is a covert operative? who for the S Americans the Germans or the Manitobans?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.