• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versatile Sprayers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versatile Sprayers

I see there is a bunch for sale in Regina beginning of November.

Anybody have one or know some who does? What are they like?

As long as buying one of these isn't like buying a Wilmar Eagle. How long is a manufacturer obligated to provide parts for their equipment?

The new ones have Cummins with Allison transmissions. I guess its the proprietary parts you would have to be concerned about. Whose application technology are they using, Raven's?

There's a bunch of Versatile combines at that sale too.

Comment

Had one. It was ok. Mostly little things. Probably mostly to do with raven. If they are cheap ie: under or around $100 to $120 k I would buy one. But don't get too deep into one. Also we had a 275 and to me a 240 would be underpowered in soft conditions or hills.

Comment

How do the Versatile sprayers go through muddy ground?

Are they 2 or 4wd?

Comment

If it wasnt you that asked there as well this same question was posed on the combine forum fyi.

Comment

What's the deal on all those sprayers with no hours on them? Can't be right unless some dealer had been sitting on new inventory.

Comment

..........."unloaded" at auction with no warranty?~!~!~!

Comment

I got stuck twice in the 3 years we had one. They were ok. 2wd mechanical. Definitely need bigger tires in the rear.

I gave it a thought that if they went cheap enough that they would be good for floating liquid fert.

I would guess that a dealer is unloading inventory with the volume of sprayer, combines and drills.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                  I got stuck twice in the 3 years we had one. They were ok. 2wd mechanical. Definitely need bigger tires in the rear.

I gave it a thought that if they went cheap enough that they would be good for floating liquid fert.

I would guess that a dealer is unloading inventory with the volume of sprayer, combines and drills.
                  So why wouldn't Versatile redistribute them within the dealer network? Dumping iron on the market like that just cheapens the value...I hope someone gets a good deal on something they want to take a chance on.

No different than dealerships dumping fleets of combines/equipment at auction after "buying" a colour swap.....goes to show prices are likely inflated into the stratosphere....

Comment

If you have ever had anything from versatile that was under warranty you realize they could give a f#@k once you bought it you got it. Just blew me away.

Comment

Did anyone go look at the versatile lineup at Regina? Or find out what the scoop on everything is? I was kinda interested in a couple of the tractors but still a bit leary on the low hour older machines. Worried they might have been lemons and I don't want to make lemonade!

I'm assuming the 2014s would have DEF on the versatiles?

Comment

I do not think the 2014's would have def.

Comment

Talked to Ritchie Bros, all the versatile equipment came right from Versatile, RB has purchased and is reselling. I talked to the guy in charge at Versatile today, story on each piece is a bit different sounds like the seeding equipment is just dealer returns, sprayers basically hours legit, not spec anymore on the 240s and now discontinued. Tractors were all test equipment, said tires and ecm likely changed and hours questionable. He said make sure to look at them first. Good to talk to RB will give out his number.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.