• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deduction for low px on malt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deduction for low px on malt

Ger a load of this grain co here deducting 22 cents for 9.5 px in malt ????'was always told over 11 was nfg? Feed here is $3.75 malt with deduction is $3.78!
    Just when you think you have saw all the ways they can **** you they come up with a new one ????
    Does anyone know , does low px bother in malt for real ??

Another question, not to side track this caseih, Why no premium for high pro feed barley?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Ger a load of this grain co here deducting 22 cents for 9.5 px in malt ????'was always told over 11 was nfg? Feed here is $3.75 malt with deduction is $3.78!
      Just when you think you have saw all the ways they can **** you they come up with a new one ????
      Does anyone know , does low px bother in malt for real ??
      Changes taste, more specifically, has taste. Its very important that the swill made for football games never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
        Another question, not to side track this caseih, Why no premium for high pro feed barley?
        I brought this up with a mainline feed grain buyer. He said they would and has been dicussed in board rooms. His reasoning was that they felt that there would be too much back lash from farmers if they started offering less for lower PX feed. They can blend and pay everyone on an average. Feed protien from other sources is cheaper than paying a premium he said.

Comment

The grain company pigs are getting real slimy. It's time to slaughter. Malt has turned into such a F$&king joke. Then whe us farmers finally get sick of the game they wonder why we quit growing it. Malt price vs feed and they pick it up sorry it's bin or go F€£k off with all the games

Comment

Another interesting thing in the barley market-Poor and Hungry up in Battleford is looking for "feed" 2 row barley...text states it must be 50lbs and at least 70% germ. So, feed barley has a minimum germ requirement? Feedlots I've hauled to have never asked.
            I think we all know what they are doing. Crooked bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
              Another interesting thing in the barley market-Poor and Hungry up in Battleford is looking for "feed" 2 row barley...text states it must be 50lbs and at least 70% germ. So, feed barley has a minimum germ requirement? Feedlots I've hauled to have never asked.
              I think we all know what they are doing. Crooked bastards.
              LOL. I can't believe a grain buyer having a good reputation, or I should say one that wants to gain or keep a good reputation, would actually have the balls to put a min germ on a feed barley price. Must be arrogant or just plain dumb!

Comment

Something like the feed durum or 5 or whatever it was with min hvk Think it was farma saying that. Not sure though ? Theyre getting so ****ing greedy they forget that we're not actually retarded

Comment

,The reason why too low of a protein is a problem is because of conversion time issues during mashing too much protein brings its own set of problems.

Here is a great link that talks about the quality parameters on malt barley and the different things each spec brings.
                  Note with the rise of the craft brewing industry much less adjuct brewing going on so lower is better and more sought after .
                  My suggestion is if you have too low of malt barley find someone whos got too high.

[URL="http://msue.anr.msu.edu/uploads/234/78941/Importance_of_Quality_Grain_to_Produce_Quality_Mal t_-_Paul_Schwarz_1.pdf"]http://http://msue.anr.msu.edu/uploads/234/78941/Importance_of_Quality_Grain_to_Produce_Quality_Mal t_-_Paul_Schwarz_1.pdf[/URL]

Hope this helps

oh and as far as the 70 percent germ thing someones got a chinese contract.
                  Last edited by mcfarms; Sep 22, 2017, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    Something like the feed durum or 5 or whatever it was with min hvk Think it was farma saying that. Not sure though ? Theyre getting so ****ing greedy they forget that we're not actually retarded
                    id say most us are retarded, we keep taking it.

Comment

Mcfarms....I think I remember being told protein isn't a blendable spec for malt barley....then I need to remember the source and the motive!

And maybe so, if each come with their own set of problems....combining the two may even give you something worse than either just too high or just too low alone.

But it is a ****ing insult to what little intelligence I do have when they look for specs in certain grain "grades" that those specs make no difference to.

So a Chinese sale of mediocre quality malt only deserves a feed price?

Or sample durum with 60% minimum HVK?

Come on guys! But I'm sure there's a "reason". Sometimes credibility can be fleeting.

Comment

Farma

Was talking to a fellow in the industry and he was telling me of a agronomist that put a machine mounted protein tester on his combine, the protein variance in his fields shocked even him. He'd be just fine making a deal with someone to blend with lord knows thats exactly what the line company is doing and pocketing the discounts both on the low px guy and the high px guy.

Comment

They know we have to take it because there are too many dummies who buy too much shit and they have to sell to pay for it. Keeps the tread mill turning. They hate it when they have to deal with someone who can hold out for more and doesn't have to play their Reindeer games. Won't happen til farmers quit buying too much iron.

Comment

Right, well with that scenario a guy might as well be first out of the gate or
                            just sell it for feed and be done with it. Race to the bottom.

Comment

Recently had a discussion with an experienced malt grower regarding the dismal prices for non-contracted malt barley.
                              Figures with plump barley (96 +) that the germ will hold so malt should still be accepted next fall for potentially $1.50 more.
                              Could also keep some of this nearly perfect malt to use as seed for the next couple years.

It would be ridiculous to sell any of this near perfect malt barley for a measly feed price.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...