• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DPF filter thefts . F Y I

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPF filter thefts . F Y I

Reading an article in the Sept. 2017 "Plain and Valley" newspaper SE Sask.,,,, about thieves taking zip cut saws to heavy industrial equipment and cutting out the DPF's, for the precious metals contained within. Happen just north of Moosemin to an excavator, damages estimated to be about $15,000. Also a couple of businesses at Esterhazy were hit and filters cut out of newer heavy trucks. One place, Core Industrial Services had 2 vac trucks damaged, another place, Crushrite, had 3 trucks damaged, their estimate was $45,000.

But article says newer Ag tractors and combines also have these filters, and of course newer transport trucks.

Don't see a website where this article can be viewed on line, I think it's associated with the "World Spectator" newspaper. Maybe someone else can post a link to the article.

Electronics will likely prevent you from operating your equipment without it in place.

Won't be as simple as when you used to cut out an old catalytic converter from the 1990's pickup and replace it with a piece of tail pipe.

Comment

Well , I know one farm that has bypassed all def on their machines . It's not that hard to do apparently.

Comment

Be interesting to know how to bypass the sensors?

Any difference in fuel economy, when not using DEF?

Comment

Local HD mechanic says DPF delete seems to create engine troubles. They are built to use DPF and deletes are not changing the internals, drastically reducing engine life. Head gaskets seem to go. His experience with highway tractors.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...