• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Yields, Canola Yields and the Bullshit old Combines tell the drivers.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said on the new variety yield yes in swan the 80 acres did awsome but rain and excellent soil

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Well then, if the "old" combine yield monitors aren't accurate...how do you get an accurate prescription for variable rate applications...I guess if its consistently out across the whole field that's ok? But then you're application is wrong across the whole feild. Do pay little attention to our yield monitor.
      Seriously can't believe farmers still buy into the prescription map ripoff.

Comment

All these BS check-off groups should be fired (except Pulse Growers). All these major issues and not a word out of them. Everyone should ask for their check-off back - today.

Comment

I for one am getting pissed at some of these farmers groups, like I said everyone in our industry seems to always talk the crop up to keep us idiots spending on useless shit.

I did variable rate fertilizer in 1980 to 1986 never since yes system is better but you need one ingredient rain and no frost. Or just dumb F$&king luck.

Yep it's a monster out their boys!

Oh and Friday a company offered a dollar premium for Dec delivering in nov yea it's huge boys.

Comment

I am not disputing all farmers have a tendency to exaggerate their yields. Having said that we are on the eastern side of the province and our canola yields are a bit better than last year. I do wonder if part of it is from no fungi pressure. Take last year we fungicided, I am sure some days it was a little hot, we had the trampling from sprayer, and then all the beneficial things a fungicide hurts. I still am a believer in them when conditions warrant and I think they made sense in 2016. But with the subsoil moisture we had and zero disease pressure I don't think higher yields for this part of the world are that much of a stretch.

Comment

You grew the same size as last year or a little better on the east side take that as the same as normal now take the new frontier in canola the south and south west and they had 15 or 10 great years now with this years crop way less how in gods creation can we have a huge crop in total.

It's all the students who took the new math

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

It's all the students who took the new math
                I prefer new math to SF3 math where 2/10ths = zero, lol

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  I prefer new math to SF3 math where 2/10ths = zero, lol
                  Grassfarmer, 2/10 does equal zero when it is 35 degrees and wind gusting to 70 clicks. What's your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Grassfarmer, 2/10 does equal zero when it is 35 degrees and wind gusting to 70 clicks. What's your problem?
                    You could probably write that out as a complex mathematical equation but I'm pretty sure the answer would still be 2/10ths.
                    Saying that you didn't get as much rain as you wished for or needed is fine. Saying you got rain then saying you didn't get in fact get rain or that you are now choosing not to count it because it was a smaller quantity than you would have liked is ridiculous. Leaves the author with no credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Oh and Friday a company offered a dollar premium for Dec delivering in nov yea it's huge boys.
                      Hmmmm. "A premium"

Just put the ****ing price where it should be. Cheap grain not lining up on the driveway?

Comment

Ah the parasite is back !

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post

Yup. Grassy doesn't understand the concept of high temp plus low rh plus high wind making any moisture you get go pof

Comment

3.50 a bushel for feed barley at balcarres??
                            That is actually not a bad comparing things with our current new seasons here.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                              Yup. Grassy doesn't understand the concept of high temp plus low rh plus high wind making any moisture you get go pof
                              There are a bunch of you on here that would make politicians - back your buddy when he is caught out in a lie by twisting the facts until white is black and black is white. You either get rain or you don't - can't claim you got it then claim you didn't after the event to make the sob story bigger and retain any credibility.

Comment

I guess you have never been dried out gross farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.